PDA

View Full Version : Idea

azy78
01-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum but on another forum there was a discussion about film to game ideas and I posted my idea and then I thought maybe posting it here just in case it might reach the right eyes to actually do something about it. (Probably an extreme longshot but what have I to lose eh? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

Actually now that I've thought a bit about it, I reckon the ultimate game would be one of Apocalypto. Think about it - you could have a free roaming jungle and when some of the guys chase you, you could hide out in trees and run into waterfalls (like the massive jump in Assassin's Creed).

So, with the scale of Assassin's Creed but set in a jungle with access to a city and a few villages like those in the film. Also, the main character would obviously be able to swim like in the film.

And they could implement some sort of influence or control over making animals attack enemies like in the film when that jaguar mauls that guy after that chase in the jungle.

And obviously there would be no guns, but rather you would utilise the weapons that the Mayans had like that dart blown through stick with frog's poison on it. And spears and machetes. All done with resonable gore and not excessively.

Main mission would be to save your own *** and meet up with your wife and kid. And possibly save others who had been taken out of their village.

Damn, I really hope somone makes a game of it now.

But I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

Maybe it's just a foolish idea but what do you reckon?

Crash_Plague
01-21-2008, 02:08 PM
meh.....

doesn't sound that great.

Besides, I don't really like the idea of children in games especially violent ones, even if they like take off "friendly fire" people usually get around that.

blarson11
01-21-2008, 02:11 PM
i dont really have a problem with children in games...but then again most people prolly couldn't handle it. but yeah....dont know that i would buy that.....

Crash_Plague
01-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by blarson11:
i dont really have a problem with children in games...but then again most people prolly couldn't handle it. but yeah....dont know that i would buy that.....

Yeah, I remember when Half Life 2 was in its development, they had children in the game, but then they took them out and filled in the plot by saying "the sexual drives of all humans were suppressed by the combine to prevent procreation"

I think that was a good move on the developers part, I don't know if it would have been as successful if people saw 10 year olds getting their brains blow out by androids.

I actually cannot honestly think of a game that is violent AND features children.

Mitmitmit3
01-22-2008, 05:20 PM
how about bioshock

iPlunder
01-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Those are more along the lines of genetically altered slug children.

Mitmitmit3
01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
yeh i suppose

mynameismyself
01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
The Witcher is violent, and it features children. You can't kill them though.

Crash_Plague
01-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Mitmitmit3:
how about bioshock

oh, yeah, I completely forgot about Bioshock.

Originally posted by iPlunder:
Those are more along the lines of genetically altered slug children.

lmao, 'nuf said.

Originally posted by mynameismyself:
The Witcher is violent, and it features children. You can't kill them though.

Yeah, like even in bioshock, they don't show you ripping apart the little sister, the screen just goes all green as you hear the screaming and tearing. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

SmokehtheFirst
01-22-2008, 06:56 PM
And you don't HAVE to kill the children in BioShock.

Crash_Plague
01-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by SmokehtheFirst:
And you don't HAVE to kill the children in BioShock.

Well yeah....

iPlunder
01-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Where is the fun in not killing them though. Oh yeah i saved a life, isn't as hard core as dude i just killed a little girl!

Crash_Plague
01-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by iPlunder:
Where is the fun in not killing them though. Oh yeah i saved a life, isn't as hard core as dude i just killed a little girl!

Dude who saves little girl:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

Dude who rips open a little girl for a worm:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

So...I'm guessing you got the "bad" ending?