PDA

View Full Version : Lights, Smoke, Fire... Others ???

fuser59
12-29-2004, 07:39 PM
I have discovered the magic of placing these objects vertically, and dressing out the carriers with them! How cool for the dogfight maps now... lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And now a question arises. Could it be possible to model the other objects in the FMB so that we could do the same thing to them? I would love to be able to "Park" static vechicles on the decks of cargo ships. It would be great to be able to make bridges and set vehicles on them as well as compound objects by being able to place some of them vertically above others.

Could a developer of the sim please let me know if it would be possible to add the other 400 or so objects in the FMB to the new "Vertically placable" list?

Thank you!

fuser59
12-29-2004, 07:39 PM
I have discovered the magic of placing these objects vertically, and dressing out the carriers with them! How cool for the dogfight maps now... lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And now a question arises. Could it be possible to model the other objects in the FMB so that we could do the same thing to them? I would love to be able to "Park" static vechicles on the decks of cargo ships. It would be great to be able to make bridges and set vehicles on them as well as compound objects by being able to place some of them vertically above others.

Could a developer of the sim please let me know if it would be possible to add the other 400 or so objects in the FMB to the new "Vertically placable" list?

Thank you!

AWL_Spinner
12-30-2004, 05:22 AM
Can you place parked aircraft on static carriers? I can't even get them off the ground, erm, sea.

That'd be nice. Especially if you could fold their wings...

Cheers, Spinner

cbazza
12-30-2004, 11:18 AM
Good idea

You could place AAA on stationary cargo vessels, or have them 'transporting' tanks etc by having them on deck.

fuser59
12-30-2004, 05:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AWL_Spinner:
Can you place parked aircraft on static carriers? I can't even get them off the ground, erm, sea.

That'd be nice. Especially if you could fold their wings...

Cheers, Spinner <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

S~AWL_Spinner, unfortunately no. At this time the only objects capable of vertical placement in the FMB are (1) Fires, (2) Smoke, and (3) Lights. It is one of my best wishes to see if they can add "verticle placement" of the other objects in the FMB. If they would do that, the possibilities for Mission building would be really outstanding!