PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 2: Episodes - whats known thus far?

Crotanks
04-08-2010, 05:26 PM
From what I understand it's going to be about Ezio and it will feature multiplayer. Is that correct? Also, is there any more information known?

LCGuardian
04-08-2010, 05:53 PM
It would seem that the game will at least feature Rome (http://www.thesixthaxis.com/20...ii-episodes-details/ (http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/02/10/new-assassins-creed-ii-episodes-details/)), and will possibly feature Desmond (http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=10799).

Apart from that, I don't think a lot has been revealed.

Crotanks
04-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Ah. Thanks man. I haven't really kept up with things lately. I hope we find out more soon.

scope2005
04-11-2010, 08:59 AM
It's a shame that not much is known about it right now...

I am glad that Ubi are working on a proper expansion to continue the story instead of just banging out a new retail game, or the poor overpriced DLC ala 'Battle of Forli'.

There is so much potential left in this game, the cities are so large there is so much room for more more missions either story based or stand-alone side quests... Although Rome sounds like its going to be epic!

Not only that but I would like to see the out of animus story unfold a little further with desmond and the assassins.

The multiplayer is an unexpected move... but I'm not really bothered about that as its probably going to be a melee fighting fest rather than sneakyness or stealth...

mornegroth
04-11-2010, 06:27 PM
I was hoping for new DLC content (storywise based and not just items) already this year.

About the episodes, I hope the devs reveal a litle bit more about Desmond and give us the possibility of completing minor assignments with this character. But of course, I'm expecting more of Ezio... Keeping the action in Italy is ok if we're presented with a new location (like Rome for example) but I'm actually expecting a completly new setting, perhaps Spain,France or even Portugal, finalizing with the discovery of the New World.

bokeef04
04-11-2010, 09:53 PM
vs reveal a litle bit more about Desmond and give us the possibility of completing minor assignments with this character. But of course, I'm expecting more of Ezio... Keeping the action in Italy is ok if we're presented with a new location (like Rome

i read somewhere, not sure if here or in an article posted in one of the other threads about this, that it was going to take place in Rome, and Ezio would be taking on the Templar HQ there, much like Altair did in Bloodlines

NightmareGK13
04-12-2010, 02:33 PM
is Episodes going to be an expansion like say Sims holidays xD
i forgot about other games with expansions
age of empires?
something to Add-on to the original game so we wont lose our save games and etc
or i it going to be a whole new game? new save new install new everything

LCGuardian
04-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by NightmareGK13:
is Episodes going to be an expansion like say Sims holidays xD
i forgot about other games with expansions
age of empires?
something to Add-on to the original game so we wont lose our save games and etc
or i it going to be a whole new game? new save new install new everything

From what we know it seems like it will be standalone. So more like a standalone expansion or a companion game. I'm thinking it might be like Crysis Warhead was to Crysis, rather than a true expansion that requires the original to play.

NightmareGK13
04-15-2010, 01:03 PM
ah i see what you mean
also
if the game is set a few years forward it is possible that the two cities in AC2:episodes will be Rome which has been confirmed and Milano

Six_Gun
04-15-2010, 05:55 PM
I've read somewhere that King Arthur and ancient Japan were both options, but I'm not sure either makes sense, except that King Arthur was Romano-British.

Judging from the direction they've gone from AC 1 to AC 2, it could very well be France next, during the 1500s where the Templars were rumored to be active there. That would also stay within the Renaissance period, where the artistic flow of the game could be maintained well.

After the stunning improvement of maps from AC 1 to AC 2, I can't imagine anything in between AC 2 and AC 3 being the last of the Renaissance period. After the expansion 1500s England wouldn't be a bad ending to the trilogy. There were a lot of significant historic figures there in that time period.

Astrotoy7
04-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Doing Rome will be great.

I know its not directly related to the Ezio sequel, but surely I'm not the only one that read Altair's diary entry about how he is going after Temujin (aka Genghis Khan). I hope they didnt mention that just for the heck of it.

Whilst it's highly unlikely they'll dedicate a game to that - it would be interesting to at least find out what happened.

From a chronological point of view, the next huge tumult that occurred in History after the Renaissance was the French Revolution and Napoleon. What better place for an Assassin to skulk around than during Le Terror... and considering the French roots of Ubi, it would obviously be an era of interest to them.

H