12-04-2004, 10:43 AM

Kasdeya
12-04-2004, 10:43 AM

Bearcat99
12-04-2004, 02:28 PM
No... but thats wierd.

CPS_Shadow
12-04-2004, 03:01 PM
Yes... It's an old bug and it happens to many people in many different servers on a semi random basis. I have seen it occur since all the way back in FB. So far the cause has never been found and fixed.

there are a number of superstitions surrounding preventing it.

The ones I can recall are:

1. Don't open the map until you're in the air.
2. Don't use the scroll bar on the ready screen.
3. Don't have your chat window open when the game launches.

Do any of these actually make a difference... Frankly I don't know.

R_Mutt
12-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Hi Kas,

Well that's the first time I've seen that screen out of all the COOP's I've played. I've heard a lot of people complain about it before but never seen it.

I suspect it must be some kind of button pressing between ready-up and launch that causes it, if it's only happening at certain times to certain people. My 2 cents

Kasdeya
12-05-2004, 07:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CPS_Shadow:
Yes... It's an old bug and it happens to many people in many different servers on a semi random basis. I have seen it occur since all the way back in FB. So far the cause has never been found and fixed.

there are a number of superstitions surrounding preventing it.

The ones I can recall are:

1. Don't open the map until you're in the air.
2. Don't use the scroll bar on the ready screen.
3. Don't have your chat window open when the game launches.

Do any of these actually make a difference... Frankly I don't know. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hiya Shadow,

#1 - It happened on an air start.
#2 - I have always done that, but that might be something to look for.
#3 - Yea I get caught typing alot but never has this happened to me because of it.

Mutt,
You also might be on to something, I dunno what causes this but have only run into it since 301. PF never caused this, and I 99.9% fly only coops. Since 301 and now 302, it has happened, not alot but always at bad times, lol.

Hiya Bear.

flatlander5
02-05-2005, 03:35 PM
The same thing happened to two of our coop guys last night (version 3.04) so the bug is still in there.

Any new insights on how to avoid it?

AnaK774
02-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Happens mostly when u scroll the readylist up'n down and more often when theres over 24 guys in coop

Really s@cks with onlinewar type coops, wait 30 min for mission to launch from HL, 10mins for ppl to rdy up and get that up on your face on startup and forced disco to get rid of it

Fillmore
02-05-2005, 07:42 PM
I had forgotten about it till it happened awhile ago in an FS mission.

The consensus I have heard is do not open the ingame map until 10 minutes into the mission, it seems to always be activated by opening the ingame map afaik.

CPS_Shadow
02-06-2005, 12:22 AM
Boy, this came back to life all of a sudden. So far I got 2 out 3 just need the last one. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

p1ngu666
02-06-2005, 07:03 AM
its happened to me a few times, strangely only on a coops hosted by crazyivan http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif. maybe happened 1 other time with someone else.

think u spawn ok, then u press like map or chat and u get that pop up and it never goes away

Kasdeya
02-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Thats cause Ivan uses his Ping trick to keep his ping at 1 or 2 whenever HOST is online hosting Coops. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Honestly havent had it again. Only got to fly wiht Ivan twice since posting this. Squad is building back up and friday night is squad night. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

EJGr.Ost_chamel
02-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Quote from a posting in Bellum War forum, written by JG10r_Dutertre on January 5t, 2005:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hello

There is a lot of mistery on this bug. One way to find the problem (or bug) is to reproduce the problem. If you find the way to make the problem happen under some conditions, part of the mistery goes away an is a key to solve the problem.

I have posted long time ago how to reproduce the problem:

When there are more than 24? players, in the "ready list", you have a slider to scroll down and see the pings and ready (or not) status of the the players at the bottom. If you are clicking and sliding up or down (with mouse button pressed) and host start game (before you release mouse button) , you will get the player list when you open the map.

Why this happens? Im not sure, but i think is related to mouse events. When you open the map, the mouse swich modes. In game mouse is used to look arround, but when you open map, the mouse change mode, and now controls the map zoom and map movements.

Bug can be related to this mouse mode change. For example, when you open map, the "mose map mode" now detects the button release (remember, game started when you was clicking and holding on slide bar) and bring up (refresh?) the player list in middle of cockpit.

Of course there is lot of speculation on why this happens, but there is no speculation on how to reproduce bug. If you dont trust me, just try it. When you see the scroll bar in ready status, click on slider and hold mouse button till host start game. And finally, open map at any moment in mission Wink

You know how to bring the bug player list, so... you know how to avoid the bug, doin the oposite, that is do not touch slider.

And as Expres said, there is no reason to restart because that. If you get player list, try to circle, wait to all take off and clear runway, land and leave.

S! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So they have more experience with this problem there.

Greetings
Chamel

HelSqnProtos
02-06-2005, 11:44 PM
Roger this just happened to me in a Bellum Match recently. I was ultra pissedoff. One thing to get shot down, Another to have to disco for this ****. Has anyone found a fix ???