PDA

View Full Version : Reversed rudder control?

Infamous_Troll
01-07-2005, 06:24 PM
A'llo everyone. I just got PF and i'm trying to get it working. I use a saitek x52 yet for some reason the rudder axis in game seems to be reversed. Is the game just like that where you twist left and your nose swerves right? Is there anyway in game to reverse the axis? Has this already been brought up here? :-)

Thanks
Trollet

Infamous_Troll
01-07-2005, 06:24 PM
A'llo everyone. I just got PF and i'm trying to get it working. I use a saitek x52 yet for some reason the rudder axis in game seems to be reversed. Is the game just like that where you twist left and your nose swerves right? Is there anyway in game to reverse the axis? Has this already been brought up here? :-)

Thanks
Trollet

Chuck_Older
01-07-2005, 06:34 PM
probably only going to get this one legitimate post, since your name screams out "this is a cheap attempt at fly fishing"

But sometimes the side you twist to first can change the way the axis is interpreted by the game

Try twisting the stick to the left when you assign the control, and see if that fixes it. if not, try assigning it by twisting the stick to the right

Infamous_Troll
01-07-2005, 11:00 PM
"Cheap attempt at fly fishing"? I don't get it.
My name has troll in it, but that is due to my predominant norse blood more than anything else. I'm no noob either, it's odd though, from the main menu options under hardwre, you can see that a right twist moves the square right, but in the game a right twist kicks the left rudder in. Thank anyway though, I appreciate it.

Tully__
01-08-2005, 06:00 AM
Move right when assigning should result in right rudder in mission.

Chuck_Older
01-08-2005, 07:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Infamous_Troll:
"Cheap attempt at fly fishing"? I don't get it.
My name has troll in it, but that is due to my predominant norse blood more than anything else. I'm no noob either, it's odd though, from the main menu options under hardwre, you can see that a right twist moves the square right, but in the game a right twist kicks the left rudder in. Thank anyway though, I appreciate it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Sure you get it. You choose the name and since you're not a noob you know what it means

I don't care about fishing, I help folks regardless. Hope you get your problems with the controller strightened out

How much was the X-52 and where did you get it? I have an X-45 but I am really considering getting pedals and the X-52 is interesting

Infamous_Troll
01-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Well Chuck, I got mine from compusa for $130. the x52 stick has light spring forces but wow. It's pretty slick. All those blue lights just light up the night sky. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif anyway the handle has the twisting action, but theres a switch that you can flip that locks it so you can disable the twisting. there are more buttons that I can even assign for most games, but you can make it relativly simple if you with. The toggle switches are neat, down to grop gear and up to raise them. I've been flying real aircraft for 4 years (my callsign is Troll actually) and I have no problem with the "space age" look of the stick. After looking at the x45 I'd say saitek did a good job at looking at what worked and what didn't and fixing it and making it better.

Oh, I don't care for fishing either http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
trollet