PDA

View Full Version : You think its a sandbox game? POSSIBLE SPOILER

jrderntl
01-14-2009, 09:35 AM
I've just posted it on a reply to another guy, but I feel it deserves a new post.
By the time I first played AC I was amazed... the graphics, the new concepts atc...
After finishing it 2 times I have a few things to complain about
- You DO NOT choose your way to perform an assassination. There are missions you only choose how to get close to your targets, but the killing is always the same, you plunge your hidden blade, fight dozens of guards and run.
So much for sandbox game. There are other missions where you choose nothing, there is a cutscene and the target runs, so you have to chase him down the city. So much for stealth gaming!!!
- Fighting against 20 guards is quite boring, but the animation is cool though, unless you're fighting a Templar Knight and your "special moves" ends up in a stomach punch and no stabbing... thats really irritating. You have to keep trying and hope some combo goes on
- Side missions are boring. Eavesdropping, come on!! Killing archers and/or guards are ok, but pickpocketing?
- Flags/Templars add NOTHING to the game. Whats the point in collecting hundreds of flags and killing templars? Just so you feel you have been in every corner of the beautyfull maps.
Not to mention the ending...
Hope these things are improved in the next AC.
Hope to see night/day cycles, REAL stealth, challenging investigations, rewarding side missions and, specially, REAL FREEDOM TO KILL A TARGET

IanXO4
01-14-2009, 08:07 PM
As you play the game more, you'll develop a better understanding of the different ways to assassinate your target. Watch the video in my signature - based on your comments, I think you'll be surprised to see what a nice sandbox it is.

Here is a guide on how to start:
http://forums.assassinscreed-m...topic.php?f=12&t=838 (http://forums.assassinscreed-maps.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=838)

What system do you play on?

oldman765
01-14-2009, 08:11 PM
umm just to note the devs at ubisoft didnt say that it was a sandbox game and likend it more to a 'flowerbox' gameplay where everything is set out for you to find and do, this was mentioned in the second video dev diary