PDA

View Full Version : How about a *real* dynamic campaign??

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 11:15 PM
Anyone here played Eurofighter Tycoon, or EF2000? Remember the totally dynamic campaign on that? You had limited air power, which would decrease/increase on success of mission? Also, when you chose a mission (there were loads to choose from, or create your own), you would be in the sky with loads of other missions, not just your own. Created a great sense of 'being there', right in the thick of it. What I loved most was taking a detour from main mission to shoot up an enemy air base, who had planes on the ground waiting to their time slot to come up. Thrilling......
Total dynamic air war, similar to Falcon 4, but lacking the ground war.
Thats what I wanted with IL2 was something similar. I think they originally planned this with IL2 (I remember reading an interview with Oleg back in 1999), but the original release was just scripted missions..a bit boring. FB does rectify that somewhat with its dynamic campaign, but its still limited. What I would love is the ability to divert from main mission and take out an enemy airfield close to the front line, or shoot up a supply convoy. Id like to see enemy CAP over these airfields as well. Ok ground war would be cool too, but I want more happening, rather than the typical 'patrol this area until enemy appears, engage, then head home', and if you notice these missions are not 'random', try replaying one a few times...seems scripted to me, not on the fly.

I love IL2 & FB, dont get me wrong, it really is spectacular what 1C have created. They could just go that little bit further I think. I mean look at that landscape! Its just begging to be used in something like that (yeah there is warfare command or whatever..perhaps they could incorporate the FM of IL2 into it...now that would be awesome).

Kevin

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 11:15 PM
Anyone here played Eurofighter Tycoon, or EF2000? Remember the totally dynamic campaign on that? You had limited air power, which would decrease/increase on success of mission? Also, when you chose a mission (there were loads to choose from, or create your own), you would be in the sky with loads of other missions, not just your own. Created a great sense of 'being there', right in the thick of it. What I loved most was taking a detour from main mission to shoot up an enemy air base, who had planes on the ground waiting to their time slot to come up. Thrilling......
Total dynamic air war, similar to Falcon 4, but lacking the ground war.
Thats what I wanted with IL2 was something similar. I think they originally planned this with IL2 (I remember reading an interview with Oleg back in 1999), but the original release was just scripted missions..a bit boring. FB does rectify that somewhat with its dynamic campaign, but its still limited. What I would love is the ability to divert from main mission and take out an enemy airfield close to the front line, or shoot up a supply convoy. Id like to see enemy CAP over these airfields as well. Ok ground war would be cool too, but I want more happening, rather than the typical 'patrol this area until enemy appears, engage, then head home', and if you notice these missions are not 'random', try replaying one a few times...seems scripted to me, not on the fly.

I love IL2 & FB, dont get me wrong, it really is spectacular what 1C have created. They could just go that little bit further I think. I mean look at that landscape! Its just begging to be used in something like that (yeah there is warfare command or whatever..perhaps they could incorporate the FM of IL2 into it...now that would be awesome).

Kevin

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 11:37 PM
How can I not agree?

I was expecting a bit more from FB's dynamic campaign. Possibly updated/improved in the future?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Si vales, valeo.

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 11:39 PM
jep, totally agreed.

It is not as for winning the war all by your own. But getting this feel of "in between"

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 12:18 AM
Total agree. I'd like some mission to "say" that you are perform a certain task - then, something happens mid- mission and you have to react to the change.

In real combat situations I wonder how many times a patrol took off for a CAP to be diverted when some bombers get in trouble, a ship runs aground, some infantry come under sudden attack.

I loved the old EF2000. I liked the mood music. When the music changes was signal that something was going to happen (usually bad).

Oleg reads these forums too much and concentrates on keeping the "On Line" flyboys happy. Yet, only some 7% of sales are for online pilots. Some type of variable in the mission builder of campaign would definitly be appreciated.

A.H.

Message Edited on 10/16/0311:20PM by Air_Hog

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 03:13 AM
RIGHT.

Offline campaign and Co-op players are true WWII fan!

We need fair share..! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

=================================
<font size = 1>
Athlon XP 3200+, FIC AU13 MOBO, DDR 1024M, GeForce4ti4200,
MCP-T SoundStorm, Barracuda IV 7200rpm 60G HDD,
Yes,I got TrackIR/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif , Two M$ SW Pr2(weird but good HOTAS.Bill,let sticks be made!)

=815=Squadron in South Korea
http://cafe.daum.net/il2sturmovik
</font>

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 05:18 AM
Anybody play Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs. Hokum?

THAT'S what we need! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/klv_ubisig1a.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm a P-63 whiner too! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif