PDA

View Full Version : ok,iam in may 1941 but no new sub or torps,when?

Davca
06-07-2005, 12:13 PM
hey,
can anybody tell me when i get chamce to change my sub?i love it of course but i wish i can store more torps and get longer range.i have now VIIB and in the upgrade screen is only VIIC available.But in the chart there is already IXC in 1941 so whats wrong?i have over 10000 renown.
thx
ps:i tried to change flotila if its helps but no.

Maj_Solo
06-07-2005, 12:27 PM
First I can safely assume this has already been discussed. Second, I don't know these things for cetain exactly what base has what boats. Third, you can move to Lorient in France, they have the boat you wan't, you start from Lorient, and as soon as they will allow you, you move back to Brest, and they will let you take your IXC with you. Nice guys. Also, in my campaign IXC was available around August.

quillan
06-07-2005, 01:51 PM
1st Flotilla can get all the Type II boats and all the Type VII boats that are included in the game. 2nd Flotilla and 12th Flotilla get Type VII and Type IX. 7th Flotilla and 11th Flotilla get Type VII and XXI. 29th Flotilla only gets the Type VII boats. Each boat model has an availability date. If that type of boat is available in your flotilla, then you'll get the option to buy it once the career reaches that date. So, if you're in 7th (for example), starting in 1939 you'll have a VIIB. Sometime in 1940 you'll be able to upgrade that to a VIIC. In late 1943 (Oct, I think), you can upgrade to a VIIC/41, and in April of 44 you'll have a choice of VIIC/42 or XXI added to your uprgrade options. The IXB/C/D2 will NEVER be available in 7th Flotilla.

Each torpedo has two different spots where they are controlled. In basic.cfg is the general availability date for the type, while in flotilla.cfg are the numbers which control minimum and maximum numbers of each type in that flotilla, broken up into years. You won't see any new torpedo types until 1942. At that point, you should mysteriously find 4 or so of the Falke homing torpedoes in your default loadout, with no option to purchase more. I think in early 1943 you'll start seeing a few TIII electrics you can buy, the Falke's will go away, but the FAT will show up instead. Later on, the Falke and Zaunkonig homers will come back (500 and 800 renown per torpedo, respectively), the FAT II will show up, the TII will mostly go away, and the TI will drop off, both of those being replaced by the TIIIs. At the very tail end, you'll eventually see the LuT and Zaunkonig II torpedoes.

InfectiousDust
06-07-2005, 02:28 PM
When? You can always find out 'when' by hitting the question mark in the loadout screen. It will show you the complete timetable for available upgrades, ships, and torpedoes.

Davca
06-08-2005, 03:12 AM
i check the time screen,it shows the year not moths,so i wait till August and see if i get the new one.
thx for the response

StgShultz
06-08-2005, 04:00 AM
Quillan, I think that sort of clear explanation needs to be added to the manual. O for a decent manual sigh!