PDA

View Full Version : HE-111 level bombing

Stix243
01-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Hello all, today i did my first ever level bombing attacks in a HE-111. After 20-30 mins of practise i was getting my bombs on target 90% of the time from different altitudes and speeds. I am however having 1 small problem. After i activate bombsight automation i notice my crosshairs creeping slowly towards me. It is a simple matter of turning it off and letting the crosshairs drift towards target then back on again but obviously i am doing something wrong.

Anyone know what? I'm using a table for IAS vs TAS and don't think that is the problem but possible? Any ideas?

Stix243
01-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Hello all, today i did my first ever level bombing attacks in a HE-111. After 20-30 mins of practise i was getting my bombs on target 90% of the time from different altitudes and speeds. I am however having 1 small problem. After i activate bombsight automation i notice my crosshairs creeping slowly towards me. It is a simple matter of turning it off and letting the crosshairs drift towards target then back on again but obviously i am doing something wrong.

Anyone know what? I'm using a table for IAS vs TAS and don't think that is the problem but possible? Any ideas?

Maraz_5SA
01-26-2006, 11:41 PM
The IAS-TAS tables are approximated, so there might be a drift of the crosshairs.

To correct the drift you must adjust the speed (TAS) you put into the bombsight.

If the crosshairs go up, increase speed.

If the crosshairs go down, decrease speed.

I repeat, I mean the speed you dial into the bombsight. The speed of your aircraft must remain constant.

Happy bombing! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Maraz

Stix243
01-27-2006, 12:59 AM
I'll give it a go, cheers mate

ZK-DABLIN
01-27-2006, 03:00 AM
Try manual bombing Bud. It isn't as hard as you would think, all you need is the correct speed and angle combination and hitting the target becomes not really much of an issue.

The hardest part is getting there in one peice or back out alive after the bombing.

There is a program hosted in airwarfare called BS2 (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm#002) Bombsight Table 2. This little puppy is like a bombing calculator. Just enter your known altitude and speed and it will give you your necessary release angle. It can even give you time to target if you know your distance from it.

The coolest part is that it can be turned on and off inside of the game by pressing SHIFT+PAUSE/PRINTSCREEN. This means it works much like the MAP. Cool program, should be built into the game.