PDA

View Full Version : Bob third party aircraft and GMAX

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 06:41 PM
If 3rd party aircraft are possible with Bob, will it be possible to modelize them with GMAX ?
I think that the increased number of modellers would more than compensate the extra price of it ?

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 06:41 PM
If 3rd party aircraft are possible with Bob, will it be possible to modelize them with GMAX ?
I think that the increased number of modellers would more than compensate the extra price of it ?

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 07:38 PM
S! Jeanba,

GMAX is a great thing, but modelling aircraft for this game is no easy task. I've been trying, I know /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I am sure there are some great modellers out there who are only able to model with Gmax, but the thing about opening the program up to Gmax models is that Oleg and his team are going to have to do even more work. This is becuse suddenly, everyone with a favorite aircraft is going to be submitting half-done models, and "good enough" fnished models that Oleg is going to have to reject over and over again. The cost of buying a Gmax lisence for a game is also really expensive. I'd rather they just pay Gibbage and some of the other excellent modellers a salary with the money that they save using only 3D MAx /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif and let them continue to give Oleg the highest quality models his engine can handle.

EDIT: It should be said, that I came very close to really completing a Fokker Dr1 Triplane for the WW1 Addon before I was told that Gmax would not work. I have since gotten my hands on a copy of 3D Max, and I cannot seem to model that good again ;( I've tried importing my Gmax model into MAX, but I get a lot of flipped polygons and my animations and pivots are all screwed up /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif So in short, I'd love them to accept GMAX, but I don't think its a good idea /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

S! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Jazz

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+

"Flying is more than a sport and more than a job; flying is pure passion and desire, which fill a lifetime."

RAF74_JazzMan
RAF No.74 Squadron
http://www.aircombat.ca/RAF74/

http://www.hotel.wineasy.se/ipms/photos/profile_74sqn_06.gif

"Individual victories in the air should be subordinate to the overall sucess of the group....The most important principle is to insure that those under you feel that their commander understands their worries; that the commander can be approached by anyone in the group; that what he demands of the group is necessary, and that you would never demand of them more that what you are willing to demand of yourself."

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+

Message Edited on 10/19/0311:40AM by Jazz-Man

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 09:08 AM
On the other hand, I have seen very good modellers who simply cannot work on FB because they cannot afford 3DSMAX.

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 11:53 AM
We have no plans to support GMAX. Its too simple for our goals in modeling, especially for the next sim.

Oleg Maddox
1C:Maddox Games

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 07:38 AM
Thank you for the answer.

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 02:57 PM
It's cool to see Oleg comment on this since several posters have asked in the last couple of months about the modeling tools/environment for IL2:FB. His response needs to be in an ORR FAQ for BoB. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center>http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/mash_potter_anim.gif (http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/)</center>

Message Edited on 10/24/03 02:05PM by rbstr44

Message Edited on 10/24/0302:06PM by rbstr44

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 04:46 PM
Will you be developing your own modeling programme? What features does 3DSMax has more that GMAX doesn't? NURB's?

blackTIE.

Oleg_Maddox wrote:
- We have no plans to support GMAX. Its too simple for
- our goals in modeling, especially for the next sim.
-
- Oleg Maddox
- 1C:Maddox Games
-

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 05:11 PM
Modelize? what? Are you inventing words old chap?

The crack with Gmax is this: If you're a skilled modeller and wish to participate talk to the designers and discuss your plans. On the other hand, you may be offered the chance to model something but it might not make it to a released patch or new product.

There have been threads in these forums about modelling. The problem is that people start projects and are then unable to see them through to completion, for whatever reason.It's not easy work and you have to completely committed to the job at hand.