PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Type Changes during Campaign?

rsrandazzo
12-29-2004, 01:01 AM
Noob Question:

I'm a dozen or so missions into a USMC DGen campaign that started on Midway. I'm using VMF-155, and I'm now up to November of 1942, but I'm still flying a "Loaner USArmy P-39D-1."

I started on Midway with the expectation that my squadron's equipment would get updated along the way. I know VMF-155 was flying Corsairs and a handful of SNJ-6s (naval artillery spotting... Did you have to volunteer for that? LOL!) by the time they reached the Marshall Islands at the end of the war- but I don't know what or where they operated earlier in the campaign.... So my question is this:

Will the campaign system give me a new ride other than this P-O-S US Army Loaner that I'm currently flying off The 'Canal?

I'd hate to wind up flying this thing all the way to tokyo...

Thanks guys- this is a durned fine sim!

rsrandazzo
12-29-2004, 01:01 AM
Noob Question:

I'm a dozen or so missions into a USMC DGen campaign that started on Midway. I'm using VMF-155, and I'm now up to November of 1942, but I'm still flying a "Loaner USArmy P-39D-1."

I started on Midway with the expectation that my squadron's equipment would get updated along the way. I know VMF-155 was flying Corsairs and a handful of SNJ-6s (naval artillery spotting... Did you have to volunteer for that? LOL!) by the time they reached the Marshall Islands at the end of the war- but I don't know what or where they operated earlier in the campaign.... So my question is this:

Will the campaign system give me a new ride other than this P-O-S US Army Loaner that I'm currently flying off The 'Canal?

I'd hate to wind up flying this thing all the way to tokyo...

Thanks guys- this is a durned fine sim!

rsrandazzo
12-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Second Question: Anyone ever seen the VMF-155 squadron patch from the PTO?

Thought it might be interesting to engage in a bit of Nose Art....

And I'm still hoping that the Marine Corps will let me get rid of this rust-bucket P-39D1.... Anyone know if that will happen?

jeroen_R90S
12-29-2004, 02:38 PM
USMC P-39s were there only in the straight-out-of-box version of PF. Did you install the latest patch yet?

You can edit the plane somewhere, but you'd have to do a forum search as I can't recall exactly where. You'll have to fly one mission before a new one is generated with the desired plane. (F4F?)

Jeroen

Chuck_Older
12-29-2004, 03:03 PM
In some campaigns, the planes change. I do not have an exhaustive list.

rsrandazzo
12-29-2004, 08:46 PM
Ah........

Okay- I started this campaign using 3.0... And upgraded to 3.03 along the way....

might have to start over.... I hate using a Loaner to hunt Zero's. :-)

mortoma
12-29-2004, 09:00 PM
I explain all in my post in this thread in ORR on how to get more plane availabe in your career lists and also how to change a plane at any time, even in the middle of a subcampaign.
You'll no doubt find it useful. Click on this link:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=2351059652