PDA

View Full Version : Borgia flags, feathers and Guard enemies

proteus28269
11-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Hi, everybody.

I installed ACB on a Mac with OSX Lion.
I have the following little problems.

1. In the center district, westside of Isola Tiberina, there is a Borgia flag on top of a Roman column. Even if I reach the column near it, I cannot land on that column with a jump. The strange thing is that I saw doing it in a Youtube video. Now my question is: is it a bug or maybe Ezio will gain a longer jump by means of a sort of bonus/perk ?

2. Near the Coliseum there is a feather on top of a Roman column and I have the same problem and questions as in 1.

3. In the courtesan guild I had to kill 20 guard post enemies with the crossbow without identification. I killed a lot of enemies on top of the roofs, but the total number did not change. My question is: who are really the guard post enemies ? And where are they located ?

Thank you all in advance for your support.

Black_Widow9
11-14-2011, 06:29 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
If you can't get to the Feathers you probably need the Parachute. The Guard Post enemies are the ones guarding treasures. Try to shoot one with a poison dart and when he's agonizing shoot the other with the crossbow. Hope that helps. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

proteus28269
11-15-2011, 04:39 AM
Hi, Black_Widow9.
Thanks for your welcome.
Maybe I need the parachute, as you suggested. I'll wait for it, 'cause I did not get it yet.
Or maybe I can get those items by means of the horse, but I'm not sure about that.
About the guard post enemies now I understood who they are. I thought about the guards on the roof or near the stairs.
I have only some doubts left:
1. I just collected a lot of treasures, but many of them are not oversaw by guards. So how can I look for other treasures with guards near them, to get the scope of 20 at the courtesan guild ?
2. How can I shoot a poison dart ? So far I can use the crossbow with normal darts and I also have the double hidden blade with poison. I did not notice the possibility to shoot a poison dart.
Thanks a lot for your help.

elaine8405
11-15-2011, 03:25 PM
One of the upgrades you can get from Leonardo is a poison dart "gun" of sorts; you can fire the poison dart from a distance. VERY handy! I really liked using that one. It doesn't alert the guards & the thrashing, dying guard attracts other guards so you can poison them or use the crossbow (if it's clear of other enemies).

Kytr
11-16-2011, 11:18 AM
The jumps are both out of regular range. What you need to do is make a running jump and while in the are press and hold the off-hand button (circle on PS3). That will make Ezio reach out to grab the ledge, getting you just a little more distance.

For the killing guards with a crossbow, you need to target guards where two of them are standing side by side. Any other guard is concidered to be patrolling. They are usually found standing in front of closed shops under Borgia control, at the entrance of Army camps, and in front of some chests (usually those are brutes, but they count).

proteus28269
11-18-2011, 05:55 AM
Thank you Elaine8405 and Kytr for your precious tips. As I imagined, I had to wait for Leonardo to get the poison dart upgrade. Kytr's suggestion about the long jump is rather interesting, but I'm wondering how I can get it with a Mac (keyboard + mouse). I'll try some commands and I'll let you know about that. Also it's not so difficult to find 2 guards side by side, like, instead, some oversaw chests are (above all after looting many of them). Thanks again.

Krayus Korianis
11-18-2011, 06:17 AM
For the broken bridges to get what's on the other side... Get a horse. They can jump them.

For the others, there are usually some intuitive ways to get to them, just look around >.>

Kytr
11-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by proteus28269:
Thank you Elaine8405 and Kytr for your precious tips. As I imagined, I had to wait for Leonardo to get the poison dart upgrade. Kytr's suggestion about the long jump is rather interesting, but I'm wondering how I can get it with a Mac (keyboard + mouse). I'll try some commands and I'll let you know about that. Also it's not so difficult to find 2 guards side by side, like some oversaw chests are (above all after looting many of them). Thanks again.

Once you jump, you don't need to continue giving that command -- it will complete the arc you have started. So you should be able to jump at the column, then press the open hand button to grab it. I don't know the exact commands since I play on PS3, but the mechanics should be the same.

proteus28269
11-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks, Krayus_Korianis and Kytr.
I'm sure that for the bridges I will not have problem with the horse.
Problem occurs with some columns, that seem unreachable.
Maybe, as Kytr said, I had to jump and try to catch the items just before starting to fall.
The strange thing is that I saw some videos on Youtube, where people reach these columns with a normal jump and without problems.
I had to try the Kytr's command to get the jump longer.
I'll let you know as soon as possible.
Thanks again for your kindness.

proteus28269
11-21-2011, 03:12 AM
Hi, Black_Widow9, elaine8405, Kytr and Krayus-Korianis.
Finally I grabbed the Borgia flag and the feather, but not with a normal jump, like in some Youtube videos.
I had to use the parachute I got from Leonardo, after destroying his war machines.
I'll always have the doubt on how the people made it with a normal jump, but I accomplished the mission.
That's the real important thing.
Thanks again, guys.