PDA

View Full Version : Blackswan Effecionado?

hueywolf123
10-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Well, by now I must be getting quite a reputation in St Nazaire for taking out Blackswans. Three now, one in each of my last three patrols.
The last one took two fish, as he must have sped up a little. It took out his props and steering and he was very low in the stern. His guns were trained in my area but luckily the weather was terrible. I launched one more fish, aiming to hit just for'd of his bridge. The whole thing blew up, it was like a fireball and when the flash in the dark settled down only the point of his bow was above the water.
Funny thing though, none of the DDs in the convoy stopped, alterd course, and the convoy didn't start zigging. They did when I hit the armed cruiser, who incedentaly, did not sink but stopped dead. Very frustrating as a dd stayed with him, I had no fish left and the weather was too bad for deck gunning

henriksultan
10-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Lucky you, when ever I hit somthing in a convoy they all get on me within the blink of an eye... they do hate me...
To bad on the armed cruiser dough

Bootsmann0815
10-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by hueywolf123:
Funny thing though, none of the DDs in the convoy stopped, alterd course, and the convoy didn't start zigging. They did when I hit the armed cruiser, who incedentaly, did not sink but stopped dead. Very frustrating as a dd stayed with him, I had no fish left and the weather was too bad for deck gunning

If the weather was really bad the others may not have noticed the attack on that small Black Swan. The Cruiser is a much larger ship - more noticeable (or the convoy was closer at the time you hit it).