PDA

View Full Version : I saved The Bismarck, now what?

salami90210
04-10-2005, 03:36 AM
On the single mission where the Bismarck is against two battleships and two destroyers, I changed history by quickly sinking one of the battleships and then a destroyer. Then the Bismarck was able to finish the rest off while I was reloading. The Bismarck had rudder damage and could only go in circles until it came to a stop. I warped to 28 May 1941 and the Bismarck is still floating and waiting for assistance while I keep guard.

Ive radioed multiple status reports but I'm still waiting for help. Whats taking so long? Surely high command must realize the Bismarck is worth saving.

salami90210
04-10-2005, 03:36 AM
On the single mission where the Bismarck is against two battleships and two destroyers, I changed history by quickly sinking one of the battleships and then a destroyer. Then the Bismarck was able to finish the rest off while I was reloading. The Bismarck had rudder damage and could only go in circles until it came to a stop. I warped to 28 May 1941 and the Bismarck is still floating and waiting for assistance while I keep guard.

Ive radioed multiple status reports but I'm still waiting for help. Whats taking so long? Surely high command must realize the Bismarck is worth saving.

Darnitz
04-10-2005, 09:08 AM
It's just a single mission, fella` there is no more. What are you expecting to go ashore with Admiral Lutjens and have coffee?

GT182
04-10-2005, 09:28 AM
I haven't tried but I think the single missions can be edited with the Mission Editor so you can do more than what the original single missions do. Try that and see what happens. Remember tho, to save the changes under a new name so you don't overwrite the original. And maybe a backup of the original might be a safe thing to do also. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Epe_Rush
04-10-2005, 10:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It's just a single mission, fella` there is no more. What are you expecting to go ashore with Admiral Lutjens and have coffee? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif This could be a Silent Hunter 5 feature

salami90210
04-10-2005, 12:30 PM
I just wanted some closure. Maybe a radio message from the Fuhrer saying 'whoot you rock salvage crew dispatched to your position' then after timewarping ahead a German task force would arrive and tug the Bismarck back to port. Then a little post mission movie showing my promotion celebration to Admiral and how the Bismarck was repaired and went back out to sea and did some more commerce raiding and starved the Allies into submission and then how Germany won the war.

ltforce
04-10-2005, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Bismarck was repaired and went back out to sea and did some more commerce raiding and starved the Allies into submission and then how Germany won the war. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yaa u wouldnt be playing this game if that happend unless ur japanese......

Dominicrigg
04-10-2005, 04:52 PM
That cant be right, because there is also a taskforce on the way from the south. So the Bismarck is dead even if you got both battleships.

Aircraft carrier and some other ships are in it.

Cool that you did it though, i nearly managed it the other day, do you have any screenshots?