PDA

View Full Version : LOMAC Vs. IL2 FB

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 05:39 AM
I just played the LOMAC demo and I'm slightly impressed. Once thing is for sure. NOTHING beats IL2s physics engine. NOTHING! I think I came out of LOMAC with a much greater appreciation for Il2 than I had before. I would recommend you guys try the LOMAC demo just so you'll see how great of a job Oleg and his team have done in all aspects.

When does a game end being a game and become a simulator? Interesting questions to ponder while waiting, from Aces-High.

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 05:39 AM
I just played the LOMAC demo and I'm slightly impressed. Once thing is for sure. NOTHING beats IL2s physics engine. NOTHING! I think I came out of LOMAC with a much greater appreciation for Il2 than I had before. I would recommend you guys try the LOMAC demo just so you'll see how great of a job Oleg and his team have done in all aspects.

When does a game end being a game and become a simulator? Interesting questions to ponder while waiting, from Aces-High.

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 05:49 AM
Geez, there's room for more than one good physics model out there you know!

The physics in LOMAC are about as good as those in FB IMO. You don't get the same feel because there's many times as much plane wrapped around the pilot in a modern jet. From the demo, LOMAC flight modelling is an improvement on Flanker 2.5, and Flanker 2.5 was excellent.

One other great thing about LOMAC is that the AI, ever since Flanker 1.0, is an energy fighter - it's been very good, and it should still be very good.

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 06:30 AM
where did u get the demo?????!!!!!!!

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 08:23 AM
demo is at http://www.lo-mac.com

Buzz_25th
10-01-2003, 08:25 AM
Not really fair to compare them until we have the full game.

The demo has a lot of problems that i'm sure won't be in the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25th_Buzz
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 09:06 AM
I really dislike lomac, they do have thier own forums. As far as physics both seem to have failed. Try xplane for physics they game has horable graphics but have the closest flight physics down.

No jetsim will ever compair to prop dogfighting and 8 flyable planes and a couple maps is not a full game to me.

Nothing against you at all aces you do alot for il2fb but you wont see me in lo-mac thats for sure.

http://www.freewebs.com/leadspitter/lead.txt
Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 09:38 AM
Trying to some how compare LOMAC to IL2 is......well dumb.

First off,my cougar joy stick would be more apropriate to LOMAC and real cause I doubt you had fly by wire capabilities in WWII type aircraft....right? So all you so called cyber pilot jocks are full of shiet with your USB multi button trim on a slider yada yada yada joy sticks for IL2

Okay,LOMAC is different okay there fellas,like give or take 50 to 40 years of aviation and weapon technology ..got me?

I hear these one shot wonder no brainer firt person shooter type biatch because "theres too many buttons for LOMAC". Well my freakin tv has a gizzilon buttons on the remote controll campared to my TV say 10 to 20 years ago and I need my kids to figure it out.

LOMAC is different,same as a WWI flight sim would be from IL2.

As for the LOMAC demo...not bad,I might even try it but I think I'll have to upgrade my system.

So comparing IL2 to LOMAC is like the Polish trying to compare a calvary charge against German blitzkeg panzer tanks.

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 12:41 PM
VonSchlep wrote:
-
- So comparing IL2 to LOMAC is like the Polish trying
- to compare a calvary charge against German blitzkeg
- panzer tanks.

I agree with u on that...Lomac beein the Polish cavalry
and IL2 FB the German Bliztkrieg machinery...lol.

To be honest..I was´nt impressed with the lomac demo.

All those videos were just so promising but the demo is not as good.(Reminds of introduction of CFS3 - To simulate the CFS3 video it took FB to do it..lol)

The groundtextures looks like a mix of Flanker and Cfs3.

To be able to see those nice water images u have to fly quite low ower water.

Vehicles look dull and move unrealisticly. When hit by fire they just fall apart(without not much ado) - poor animation.(Look at the old helosim Gunship about how it should be done.)

Crashmodel on ac are as dull. Smoke comin from burning engines - dull and just hangs in air without movement(??).

The demo don´t give me any good impression of battle, it has not the kind of eye goodies as FB or the intensity in flying.

Perhaps I´ll change my mind on it with time(have to keep fiddling with it)...I´ve ordered it way back and paid for it too!

But I don´t know what to think of this demo...Most things are set now, pathcing the game will probaply not do much enough to close the gap between Lock on and FB.

As I see it it never will develop into a jet age FB.

For a simulator like that it takes guys like Oleg Maddox and his unbeatable 1C team!

Its odd...All these game developin teams got the same tools to do same job but it takes real artists to do what our Russian friends on 1C does!!!

I told u about Gunship earlier..if u have the ability to take a look on it - do so.

Its an old game but done by artists like Olegs crew and offers almost as much eye candy.

Hawgdog
10-02-2003, 04:47 PM
Two completly different animals.

modern jet fighters vs. 60+ year old prop plane technology

I'm sure its a cool game, but its not wire, pulley and cloth and wood!

oh, yaks suck/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center></script>The original HawgDog, dont be fooled by fneb imitations
~W~ cause S! has become USELESS
When you get to hell, tell 'em Hawgdog sent you
http://users.zoominternet.net/~cgatewood/assets/images/sharkdog.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Hmmmm

apples...oranges...apples...oranges...OFF TOPIC

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Roy Baty
IV/JG51 M¶lders

"Be happy in your work!"
- Col. Saito

<center>http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/mash_henry_blake.jpg (http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/)</center>

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 05:57 PM
Props Forever baby........................
It is kind of cool but, the voice that says "pull up" has
got to go.....................

The genuine Hawg-dawg....USA
Proud former member of Kelly Johnson's "SKUNK WORKS"
Fat Boys and.... Props Forever....Baby

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 06:51 PM
LO:MAC´s FM is dumped down in the demo, easy landings are enabled by default etc, going to be obviously different in the retail as per official statement. For comparing the FM of a WW2 AC to a modern Jet Fighter...you don´t expect a modern jetfighter to display the flying characteristics of a WW2 BF-109 or any other prop AC!? You cannot meassure them using the same ruler.

============================
The important thing in [tactics] is to suppress the enemys useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai and Philosopher
(More than 60 Victories in Hand-to-Hand combat.)