PDA

View Full Version : What does Gods eye mode setting do?

SenorDingDong48
04-13-2005, 11:52 AM
I want to make it more realistic so i get more reknown (or so ive heard in these forums, is this true). But I want to keep External view (to enjoy nice visuals) and Auto TDC (for now anyway). The gods eye mode thing is last one I have on besides the other two cause I dont know what it does... anyone know??

SenorDingDong48
04-13-2005, 11:52 AM
I want to make it more realistic so i get more reknown (or so ive heard in these forums, is this true). But I want to keep External view (to enjoy nice visuals) and Auto TDC (for now anyway). The gods eye mode thing is last one I have on besides the other two cause I dont know what it does... anyone know??

Dremond
04-13-2005, 11:55 AM
With God's Eye on, all active contacts are constantly visible on your maps. With it off, only markings made by you are shown.

Beuf_Ninja
04-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Thats when you get the map updated showning where the contact is rather than haveibg to figurre out the range and bearing and plot it all yourself. The gods eye mode will be the last thing I turn off maybe in a year or so when I've mastered all the other aspects of the game.

or

God's eye mode is when you can see yourself on the toilet from a great distance?

reumatiib
04-13-2005, 01:02 PM
with God's Eye on you more quicky make the Allies see heaven itself....its HOLY.

reumatiib
04-13-2005, 01:08 PM
I only use the outside camera myself, mainly because my stupid sonar man couldn't hear a rifle go off by his stupid head if his life depended on it! But a real sonar man could and the captain would always have a good idea what was going on above. I also use it because unless I swim like a dolphin to the bottom of the sea every now and then, I have no idea how deep the waters is, cause on my own map the depth colors all look the same blue (more or less) - and a real captain WOULD have what the ancient Romans had - maps with depth soundings marked near shores. And I use it cause taking pictures of just the arm-pits of my crew really sucks. I like those deep ocean shots. And I use it cause when my eels (Germans used the expression 'eels', Allies used 'fish') go bouncing off a ship's hull, my crew tends to never tell me what happened and the silly clock keeps ticking half an hour after the eel has pasted its target!!!

So I use my outer camera to make up for a missing crew - other than the lobotomimized crew SH3 gave me.

lairdperkins
04-13-2005, 01:16 PM
The Navigator can tell you Depth Under Keel. Click on him, click on reports, and then depth.

It 'sounds' like he does this with active sonar... of course my boat doesn't have active sonar, but he might have a special system just for depth readings. I also don't know if this is audible to anyone in the area with a hydrophone so I wouldn't recommend it when running silent unless someone can clarify this.

The one thing I do really miss is a gauge of outside water temperature... I'd like to know if there's a layer around for me to hide under...

reumatiib
04-13-2005, 01:23 PM
REAL WWII U-boats never did this, or if they did they did it RARELY. Find for me ONE written account where they did this? They rarely used A/S because it told the enemy more about where they were and less about where the enemy was.

Besides, my sonar men don't like me. They know I plan to transfer them to the German Wehrmacht and have them sent to the Eastern Front as soon as I possibly can. It seems I can hear ships on their sonars an hour before they can detect them. And don't get me started about the rest of my lazy braindead crew. They are going to the gates of Moscow too!