PDA

View Full Version : AC is falling apart

oOAltairOo
05-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Ever since the release of AC:2, i have noticed the series getting worse and worse. But after my play trough of AC:B, all my fears have come true. The series have been so dumbed down, the graphics have gotten worse, and the story and overall immersion (The two most important things in AC) are almost gone.

I ask myself how this could happend.

My conclusion is that after the first game, which was pretty much a success. A lot of people complained about the (few) flaws of the game, like repetitive missions.
Ubisoft noticed this, and eager for a broader audience, (which would produce more money) they searched to satisfy all these complaints. Without taking into account all of the gamers who loved the original AC for what it was.
Then it kept getting worse with AC:B, thanks to stupid reviewers who encouraged these bad changes.

This makes me so sad, and i can't imagine AC:R would turn this horrible trend either.

reini03
05-25-2011, 09:44 AM
You're overdoing it. Brotherhood wasn't as awesome as AC2 and AC1, but it certainly wasn't horrible. The story is gone? Not at all, seriously. It actually got WAY more interesting over AC2 and Brotherhood. Worse graphics? Also, not really. It's awesome to have good graphics, but hey, they're overrated. Story > Gameplay > Graphics. And I always thought that all the AC parts do have awesome graphics.

"Horrible trend". Mate... do you really think AC got so much worse...?

ShaneO7K
05-25-2011, 10:00 AM
You are massively over-reacting, I'll give you that AC1 was a better looking game.

But the Assassin's Creed story is probably one of the best in gaming.
It's story has people constantly coming back for more and the secrets its story has creates huge discussions.

The gameplay is still great, though combat was SLIGHTLY better in AC1 because of the more aggressive AI and so on.

The graphics is till beautiful, if you take the time to look at some of the sceneries in Rome, Florence and so on you will notice this instantly.

I usually only buy games where it is obvious the developer has tried to make changes, make a great story and generally try there best with the game they are making. And Ubisoft are probably one of the best developers for this with what they have done with the AC franchise.

iN3krO
05-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
You are massively over-reacting, I'll give you that AC1 was a better looking game.

It's story has people constantly coming back for more and the secrets its story has creates huge discussions.

The gameplay is still great, though combat was SLIGHTLY better in AC1 because of the more aggressive AI and so on.

The graphics is till beautiful, if you take the time to look at some of the sceneries in Rome, Florence and so on you will notice this instantly.

I usually only buy games where it is obvious the developer has tried to make changes, make a great story and generally try there best with the game they are making. And Ubisoft are probably one of the best developers for this with what they have done with the AC franchise.

Sorry but the only thing i don't agree with altair is that the graphics are bad (althought i loved the story of ACB i think it doesn't REALLY match the asssassins vs templairs fight)....

Ac:B Got graphcs much better than Ac2 and Ac1 (but ac1 had better textures and had fog but in italy there is no soil to have fog)

The gameplay is better but unbalanced (yes now it incetive agresive/war ways instead of stealthy ways)

The main problem is that Ubisoft had a game perfect in some aspects (many in fact) and now ubisoft got a game perfect in only 1 aspect (the one who most ******ED ppl like, WAR-MACHINE)...

ShaneO7K
05-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Sorry but the only thing i don't agree with altair is that the graphics are bad (althought i loved the story of ACB i think it doesn't REALLY match the asssassins vs templairs fight)....

Ac:B Got graphcs much better than Ac2 and Ac1 (but ac1 had better textures and had fog but in italy there is no soil to have fog)

The gameplay is better but unbalanced (yes now it incetive agresive/war ways instead of stealthy ways)

The main problem is that Ubisoft had a game perfect in some aspects (many in fact) and now ubisoft got a game perfect in only 1 aspect (the one who most ******ED ppl like, WAR-MACHINE)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I definetly wouldn't say the war-machine was the only good aspect of it.

iN3krO
05-25-2011, 10:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

The main problem is that Ubisoft had a game perfect in some aspects (many in fact) and now ubisoft got a game perfect in only 1 aspect (the one who most ******ED ppl like, WAR-MACHINE)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I definetly wouldn't say the war-machine was the only good aspect of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

with war-machine i mean that Ezio is a Walking-Tank

Say another really good aspect compared to ac1?

ShaneO7K
05-25-2011, 10:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

The main problem is that Ubisoft had a game perfect in some aspects (many in fact) and now ubisoft got a game perfect in only 1 aspect (the one who most ******ED ppl like, WAR-MACHINE)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I definetly wouldn't say the war-machine was the only good aspect of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Say another really good aspect compared to ac1? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I agree that combat is too easy, that was something which I love about AC1.

The story is a good aspect of ACB, its sole purpose wasn't just the Assassin Vs. Templar war. It was also to develop on the character of Ezio, which they did a great job on. Ezio's story has been mainly one of revenge since AC2 but that's stopped in ACR.

Ezio's relationships was great with certain characters and acutally made you care about some people.

And Desmond's part though it was small, it was great it feeds the audience enough to make them want to come back for more, and it has a bit of drama and some back ground stuff lets you know how dire things are around the world.

AC1 had a great story but it mostly focus' on the Assassin Vs. Templar war, where as ACB doesn't. The two stories can't really be compared.

oOAltairOo
05-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Yeah of course i'm overreacting, i mean i played all three games, and somewhat enjoyed them all. But it's just that the improvements that has been made, are to me going im the wrong direction, making it simpler and more action oriented. For example with the combat, I personally don't want my enemies to drop like dead flies just because it looks cool. Wheres the reward in that?

As for the story, yeah the over arching story is pretty interesting and different. But in the first game, there was character development, Altairs story felt intriguing and well thought out, and it all just seem to fit. Lately the story has sort of lost its focus.
Ezios story feels kind of random and generic, a quest for vengeance and some boring villains, i think it was mostly the assassination targets that disappointed me, they where shallow and boring characters. The chat i had with my targets after killing them in the original AC was a really cool part. But it is almost gone in the latest two installments.

As far as graphics go, it's kind of hard to debate. I guess it's less about the technical parts and the pixels, and more about how immersive the setting and visuals where in AC:1, it sort of felt more real.

ShaneO7K
05-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Yeah I loved the story in AC1, I prefer Altair to Ezio.
And those scenes where he talks to the targets could return in Altairs sequences in ACR as Altair was trained to be an assassin since he was a child and would act more professionally.

iN3krO
05-25-2011, 11:03 AM

Say another really good aspect compared to ac1? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I agree that combat is too easy, that was something which I love about AC1.

The story is a good aspect of ACB, its sole purpose wasn't just the Assassin Vs. Templar war. It was also to develop on the character of Ezio, which they did a great job on. Ezio's story has been mainly one of revenge since AC2 but that's stopped in ACR.

Ezio's relationships was great with certain characters and acutally made you care about some people.

And Desmond's part though it was small, it was great it feeds the audience enough to make them want to come back for more, and it has a bit of drama and some back ground stuff lets you know how dire things are around the world.

AC1 had a great story but it mostly focus' on the Assassin Vs. Templar war, where as ACB doesn't. The two stories can't really be compared. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are from the same franchise they must be compared and they should keep in the same way unlike Ac2 and AcB that is getting another way Ac1 had... Ac1 = Focus on Tatic/Stealth, Ac2/B = Focus on War....

I don't say i hate war only that for War i good much better WAR focused games that are much harder than Ac:B... (CoD, Battlefield and in some part, god of war, which had a good story too)....

ShaneO7K
05-25-2011, 11:09 AM

AC1 had a great story but it mostly focus' on the Assassin Vs. Templar war, where as ACB doesn't. The two stories can't really be compared. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are from the same franchise they must be compared and they should keep in the same way unlike Ac2 and AcB that is getting another way Ac1 had... Ac1 = Focus on Tatic/Stealth, Ac2/B = Focus on War....

I don't say i hate war only that for War i good much better WAR focused games that are much harder than Ac:B... (CoD, Battlefield and in some part, god of war, which had a good story too).... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> ACB was a spin-off not apart of the main series, though it did advance the story in some ways its focus was to develop Ezio's character.

oOAltairOo
05-25-2011, 11:14 AM
[/QUOTE]They are from the same franchise they must be compared and they should keep in the same way unlike Ac2 and AcB that is getting another way Ac1 had... Ac1 = Focus on Tatic/Stealth, Ac2/B = Focus on War....

I don't say i hate war only that for War i good much better WAR focused games that are much harder than Ac:B... (CoD, Battlefield and in some part, god of war, which had a good story too)....[/QUOTE]

Exactly, i don't want AC to be a hack and slash game, there's enough of them already. I want something different!

masterfenix2009
05-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by oOAltairOo:
Yeah of course i'm overreacting, i mean i played all three games, and somewhat enjoyed them all. But it's just that the improvements that has been made, are to me going im the wrong direction, making it simpler and more action oriented. For example with the combat, I personally don't want my enemies to drop like dead flies just because it looks cool. Wheres the reward in that?

As for the story, yeah the over arching story is pretty interesting and different. But in the first game, there was character development, Altairs story felt intriguing and well thought out, and it all just seem to fit. Lately the story has sort of lost its focus.
Ezios story feels kind of random and generic, a quest for vengeance and some boring villains, i think it was mostly the assassination targets that disappointed me, they where shallow and boring characters. The chat i had with my targets after killing them in the original AC was a really cool part. But it is almost gone in the latest two installments.

As far as graphics go, it's kind of hard to debate. I guess it's less about the technical parts and the pixels, and more about how immersive the setting and visuals where in AC:1, it sort of felt more real. While in AC 2 you could say that, Ezio was done with revenge in the end. ACB was about stopping Cesare. Not vengence

iN3krO
05-25-2011, 11:23 AM
dead_gunner187 why do you keep arguing if you already have seen that we are right that the game is becoming crappier each release...

Ac:B wasn't a spin-off... Ac spin-offs don't have desmond story, only altair/ezio's one....

@assassino151 True, however ezio don't follow the creed how he should do (cuz every player go thought war methods cuz being stealthy has no reward in time if you are not skilled)

ShaneO7K
05-25-2011, 11:28 AM
dead_gunner187 why do you keep arguing if you already have seen that we are right that the game is becoming crappier each release...

Ac:B wasn't a spin-off... Ac spin-offs don't have desmond story, only altair/ezio's one....

@assassino151 True, however ezio don't follow the creed how he should do (cuz every player go thought war methods cuz being stealthy has no reward in time if you are not skilled) ..Wait what? I wasn't arguing with you on that last post I was actually agreeing with you on a point you said about Altair, don't take things out of context. And I didn't agree that the games are getting crappier I think it's the complete opposite really.

kriegerdesgottes
05-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Ever since the release of AC:2, i have noticed the series getting worse and worse. But after my play trough of AC:B, all my fears have come true. The series have been so dumbed down, the graphics have gotten worse, and the story and overall immersion (The two most important things in AC) are almost gone.

My conclusion is that after the first game, which was pretty much a success. A lot of people complained about the (few) flaws of the game, like repetitive missions.
Ubisoft noticed this, and eager for a broader audience, (which would produce more money) they searched to satisfy all these complaints. Without taking into account all of the gamers who loved the original AC for what it was.
Then it kept getting worse with AC:B, thanks to stupid reviewers who encouraged these bad changes.

This makes me so sad, and i can't imagine AC:R would turn this horrible trend either.

I definitely understand where you are coming from but ACII was a def improvement even though the graphics seemed to be dumbed down. But yeah I def know what you are saying and the real problem is with the annual release of games. The games are short and nothing new from the last one except some new moves and a different story. This scares me as well especially now that a couple key people from the original games (patrice, jean francois) have walked out of ubisoft over this issue. and yes it is obviously because of this issue.

ShaneO7K
05-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oOAltairOo:

I definitely understand where you are coming from but ACII was a def improvement even though the graphics seemed to be dumbed down. But yeah I def know what you are saying and the real problem is with the annual release of games. The games are short and nothing new from the last one except some new moves and a different story. This scares me as well especially now that a couple key people from the original games (patrice, jean francois) have walked out of ubisoft over this issue. and yes it is obviously because of this issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah Patrice was definetly a great person to have working on the Assassin's Creed games, he's a gaming genius.

masterfenix2009
05-25-2011, 11:36 AM

@assassino151 True, however ezio don't follow the creed how he should do (cuz every player go thought war methods cuz being stealthy has no reward in time if you are not skilled)
Thats a little arrogant. Everyone has their own opinion. Just because you think the games are getting worse, that doesn't mean everyone else does. Ezio didn't follow the creed in AC2 because he wasn't an assassin till towards the end. In brotherhood,most of the time, he followed the creed.

oOAltairOo
05-25-2011, 11:37 AM
It isn't relevant whether AC:B was a spinoff or not, it was made by the same studio and it's a worse game then it's predecessors.

@assassino151
Cesare killed Ezios uncle and destroyed Monteriggioni. I would argue what it was somewhat of a quest for vengeance..

ShaneO7K
05-25-2011, 11:38 AM
It isn't relevant whether AC:B was a spinoff or not, it was made by the same studio and it's a worse game then it's predecessors.

@assassino151
Cesare killed Ezios uncle and destroyed Monteriggioni. I would argue what it was somewhat of a quest for vengeance.. That's your opinion, no need to argue because others disagree.

masterfenix2009
05-25-2011, 11:42 AM
While Cesare did kill Mario, Ezio only saw him as a threat to be eliminated. While everyone else was like "KILL HIM!KILL HIM!" Ezio wanted to slow down and build his forces and slowly take him down.He didnt take much joy when he took cesare's life.

oOAltairOo
05-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by assassino151:
While Cesare did kill Mario, Ezio only saw him as a threat to be eliminated. While everyone else was like "KILL HIM!KILL HIM!" Ezio wanted to slow down and build his forces and slowly take him down.He didnt take much joy when he took cesare's life.

That is true, Ezio has matured a bit since he assassinated Uberto Alberti

oOAltairOo
05-25-2011, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oOAltairOo:

@assassino151
Cesare killed Ezios uncle and destroyed Monteriggioni. I would argue what it was somewhat of a quest for vengeance.. That's your opinion, no need to argue because others disagree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can always discuss it, isn't that what the forums are for? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

wabashop2011
05-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Ezio psychologically killed Cesare, then taught him to fly.

ShaneO7K
05-25-2011, 11:58 AM

@assassino151
Cesare killed Ezios uncle and destroyed Monteriggioni. I would argue what it was somewhat of a quest for vengeance.. That's your opinion, no need to argue because others disagree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can always discuss it, isn't that what the forums are for? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>...Not when you don't take what others are saying into consideration. I'll just leave it as it is now.

oOAltairOo
05-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by wabashop2011:

That was pretty smart, considering Cesare said that no man could kill him, and he ended up being killed by the ground...

oOAltairOo
05-25-2011, 12:10 PM

@assassino151

We can always discuss it, isn't that what the forums are for? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>...Not when you don't take what others are saying into consideration. I'll just leave it as it is now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please explain, i don't really understand what you mean? When i say AC:B is a bad game, i'm of course talking about my personal opinion.

ShaneO7K
05-25-2011, 12:14 PM

@assassino151

We can always discuss it, isn't that what the forums are for? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>...Not when you don't take what others are saying into consideration. I'll just leave it as it is now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please explain, i don't really understand what you mean? When i say AC:B is a bad game, i'm of course talking about my personal opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm talking about your posts in general in this thread.

Alex_HS
05-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Loved the first one, got disapointed with the second and didnt even bother with the third..

NORTHBOERN1
05-25-2011, 12:30 PM
The series has gotten better by leaps and bounds compared to AC1 in my opinion.

oOAltairOo
05-25-2011, 12:32 PM

@assassino151

Please explain, i don't really understand what you mean? When i say AC:B is a bad game, i'm of course talking about my personal opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm talking about your posts in general in this thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry if your posts doesn't make me change my mind about the game, I'm still entitled to my opinion. If my opinion is bothering you, there's no one forcing you to write in or read the thread.
Thanks

Grandmaster_Z
05-25-2011, 01:05 PM

A lot of people complained about the (few) flaws of the game, like repetitive missions.

i can agree with this part

sfin1994
05-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by NORTHBOERN1:
The series has gotten better by leaps and bounds compared to AC1 in my opinion.

You my friend, are just tops in my book, AC1 sucks compared to AC:B, but we should all stick to our opinions, but remember, its the one whos diffrent that gets left out in the cold :P

AMuppetMatt
05-25-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm enjoying the productive nature here...
Care to elaborate WHY AC1 sucked genitalia compared to AC:B so we have a point to argue/debate/discuss?

Christian: There is a God
Me: Why?
Christian: Because there is.

As an atheist I've never come up against that sort of arguing (thank the Lord), so don't let it start on a forum about a game. Please? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

phil.llllll
05-25-2011, 01:25 PM

While I agree with the dumbing down part to appeal to a wider audience, I can't say the series is in any way bad. True ACB's story wasn't up to snuff (and the games keep getting easier and easier) but I still think there's a chance they'll bring it back up to quality.

sfin1994
05-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
Care to elaborate WHY AC1 sucked genitalia compared to AC:B so we have a point to argue/debate/discuss? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Please, allow me to clear my throat /cough, cough /DEEP breath GO: swimming, use hidden blade while fighting, better open enviroments, set in italian cities and very beautiful settings, better combat,upgradable armor and weapons, better plot and characters, smarter AI

/take deep breath....

AMuppetMatt
05-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by sfin1994:

Please, allow me to clear my throat /cough, cough /DEEP breath GO: swimming, use hidden blade while fighting, better open enviroments, set in italian cities and very beautiful settings, better combat,upgradable armor and weapons, better plot and characters, smarter AI

/take deep breath....

Wahey! We're getting somewhere now.

Swimming- Absolutely 100% right. Why this wasn't included into the first game I'll never know, admittedly there wasn't a lot of water to play with/in... BUT drowning every time you jump into a puddle? However, would you say that the swimming made the game better? Actually, scratch that, OF COURSE it did. But doesn't it wind you up that guards can't swim, normal people can't swim, theives can't swim, GONDOLA RIDERS can't swim(?!). I admit the addition of swimming was welcome, needed and well done, but when even agiles are afraid to get their socks wet I just feel it loses a lot of its appeal.

Hidden Blade When fighting: You could do this in AC1, it just took skill and practice to counter any attacks. And since when has a piece of metal that's wrapped around your wrist been able to completely block every sword attack? Hidden Blade's turned too overpowered IMO.

Better Open Environments: Define better. I think the setting of AC2 and Brotherhood was better, as were the colours, but the sounds were much better in AC1. Also, AC1 had to be bland because of the time period and location. Granted the Kingdom was an absolute (insert appropriate INappropriate word here), but other than that I wouldn't really argue that one was better than the other. I think with the development of the new engine it allowed larger spaces to play around in, and I certainly preferred the bigger cities that AC2 and Brotherhood offered... but BETTER? Give AC1 the same engine, budget and research as two and I'd say that AC1 would match AC2 all the way with size.
EDIT AFTER TYPING PARAGRAPH... You did define better open environments... sorry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Better Combat: For the playable character-Ezio definitely. But combat is a two way street and I'm afraid that at the moment the only thing going against Ezio are a couple of Taiwanese tuck-tucks against his 16 wheeler. It's like 10-pin bowling, you just knock em down.

Upgradeable armour and weapons: Again, agree with you 100%. My gripe with it is that you don't get rewarded for finishing missions other than money (in the first game every time you completed an assassination you would get a new piece of equipment... "levelling up" so to speak) however I CAN live without that so I agree with you on that one.

Better plot and characters: Better characters yes. Better plot? I thought about the same. I was well into it until the aliens came along...
Nah, I think on the whole I'd agree with you, but with a game that needs to set things up you're never going to have anything as developed as the second one.

Smarter AI: Hmmm yes, but they're much less aggressive and skilled. If they'd kept the aggression and skill scene in AC1 then I'd agree with the idea you're putting forward here, but smarts make no difference if you can outrun guards in 10 seconds. Try starting a chase in AC1... it's really, really hard to get away in later levels. The only downfall is they don't search for you, and even in AC2 their search is hardly... what's the word... good.

See, now we have a discussion going, I'm looking forward to a response now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
(I really hope that doesn't sound patronising written down, it isn't meant to be at all)

Ass4ssin8me
05-25-2011, 02:37 PM

Finally someone who agrees with me. He is not over-reacting. Fanboys and girls, keep praising every aspect of the game, good or bad and then
Ubisoft assumes they are doing the right thing even when they aren't.

And when people do complain, they say some thing like : "I didn't like the combat, but AC is still amazing, best game ever!" as if they will get shot for complaing. It's this kind of Fanbase that ruins the game.

iN3krO
05-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
Care to elaborate WHY AC1 sucked genitalia compared to AC:B so we have a point to argue/debate/discuss?

Christian: There is a God
Me: Why?
Christian: Because there is.

As an atheist I've never come up against that sort of arguing (thank the Lord), so don't let it start on a forum about a game. Please? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Ac1 bads?

1 - Slow scaling
2 - Repetitive "side" missions
3 - Only 4 weapons
4 - No swim
5 - No assassinating from hidden spots
6 - Guards didn't search for if you are at hidden spots

anything else?

AcB bads?

1 - Combat too easy
2 - Stealthy way is harder than combat now
3 - 100% linear/scripted missions
4 - Hidden Blade as meele weapon

In Ac:B there are 3 sequences... 1 with the courtesans, other with thiefs and another with mercenaries... why wouldn't use be able to do those 3 in one with 3 missions options (one from each guild) so it would be more like Ac1 removing the repetitive scene and removing the scriped story...

Some things added in Ac2/B should be re-worked to be less powerfull and than, more challenging...

The otherthings are already ok....

AcB was better? Surely, i told my friends i loved AcB more than Ac1...

Why in the forum i keep saying i prefer Ac1?
Cuz the challenging of Ac1 made me repeat the game so many times to reach 100% skill and now the skill i got is not needed in Ac2/B... I've wasted over 50hours getting skill for nothing...
I don't want you to think that i think that AcB is ****... i only think that Ac1 was way more balanced than AcB and that's what makes Ac1 better than AcB for me....

Hidden Blade: You could combat with Hidden Blade in Ac1 only that you was REQUIRED TO HAVE SKILL instead of that in Ac2/B Hidden Blade is the best weapon EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY SKILL... Hidden Blade is the best Ac1 weapon for combat but that's for me that wasted 50hours to get my skill mastered... Now i got a friend that only played AcB and he did the whole game only with Hidden Blade -.-'

AMuppetMatt the AI is smarter and guards are as agresive and skilled as Ac1 however ubisoft removed some features from Ac1 which made they feel more swordman (in ac1 they did everything you do and now they don't).... However which makes they look ******ed is that now you have much more moves to do and they have less comparing to Ac1...

SleezeRocker
05-25-2011, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wabashop2011:

That was pretty smart, considering Cesare said that no man could kill him, and he ended up being killed by the ground... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I loved that part. Psycho. warfare for the win!
Hahaha!

Scotty056
05-25-2011, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't say any of the games have been bad. AC1 was a stealth based Master Assassin regaining his honor essentially. AC2 was a push to re-establish the order and began as a quest for vengeance. Ezio had to teach himself a lot of things, and didn't learn to be an Assassin the same way Altiar did. He's the new breed.
In Brotherhood, it's no longer about vengeance. It's about saving humanity in it's time of need, like the Assassins in the chamber underneath the Villa Auditore. Ezios takes back Italy for the people, and begins to restore the Brotherhood completely. It's not necessarily a war game, it's closer to being back to the stealh aspect but with more offense added in.
The games are all just different.

DavisP92
05-25-2011, 08:08 PM
lol i wouldn't say it's falling apart, but i will say that the main idea behind AC1 has changed drastically.

AC1 positives:
~ freedom (to choice who to attack and how)
~ graphics
~ story
~ guards

negatives:
~ repeative

AC2 positives:
~ story (emotional feel)
~ combat (improved assassin combat)
~ upgrades

negatives:
~ less freedom
~ medicine
~ less realistic
~ graphics
~ guards

ACB positives:
~ graphics (compared to AC2)
~ killstreak
~ more upgrades

negatives:
~ story (it left the main idea of templars vs. assassins)
~ guards
~ parkour (hasn't changed)
~ synch. system (freedom was completely taken away)

Now all of these ideas are my own opinion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

payrob07
05-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Are you serious with this graphics crap? Maybe you're not playing it on a good TV, because they are getting better. Ever stop to think that Venice and Forli were/are industrial(before the IR, there was industry... if you aren't good at history) and shipping cities? Therefore there is going to be a murky look to the skies with smoke and water evaporation. AC didn't even have faces. I really do not understand the people who argue the graphics are getting worse.

ACII would be the only exception, why? Because the game is so large on the map scale that they may have had to sacrifice slightly on the graphics. If they didn't the game would take 24 hours to load a sequence, but it was still better. MUCH BETTER.

DavisP92
05-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by payrob07:
Are you serious with this graphics crap? Maybe you're not playing it on a good TV, because they are getting better. Ever stop to think that Venice and Forli were/are industrial(before the IR, there was industry... if you aren't good at history) and shipping cities? Therefore there is going to be a murky look to the skies with smoke and water evaporation. AC didn't even have faces. I really do not understand the people who argue the graphics are getting worse.

ACII would be the only exception, why? Because the game is so large on the map scale that they may have had to sacrifice slightly on the graphics. If they didn't the game would take 24 hours to load a sequence, but it was still better. MUCH BETTER.

who r u talking to?? :S

SAVMATIC
05-26-2011, 12:31 AM
lol this whole thread is an epic waste of time. you still are all fans of this game and will continue to buy future releases. the negativity and whining of you people is sickening.

SAVMATIC
05-26-2011, 12:38 AM
like one of the most absurd and hilarious thing about you naysayers is that there has only been THREE games. Two of which, everyone seems to agree were great, and one smaller title that had some issues. So people are pretty much trashing the Assassins Creed series(which they are fans of, because they are spending their personal time posting on its forum)based on ONE game that was a little sub-par(and keeping in mind everyone still bought and played it and enjoyed it more or less)
What terrible fans this franchise has. Quit deluding yourselves

woowu
05-26-2011, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by SAVMATIC:
like one of the most absurd and hilarious thing about you naysayers is that there has only been THREE games. Two of which, everyone seems to agree were great, and one smaller title that had some issues. So people are pretty much trashing the Assassins Creed series(which they are fans of, because they are spending their personal time posting on its forum)based on ONE game that was a little sub-par(and keeping in mind everyone still bought and played it and enjoyed it more or less)
What terrible fans this franchise has. Quit deluding yourselves

Yeah, why should we state our own opinion? We must shut up and let others decide for us.

Anyway, I actually agree with the OP in many ways. While I can't put a finger on "the best" AC so far since all 3 are great IMO, I can see the direction in which they are going: to be even more casual friendly and easy.

In my honest opinion, the first AC game did a lot of great things but also had a lot of mistakes.
The feeling of immersion is unique in AC, the feeling of loneliness and danger pretty much is guaranteed. The game looks great and the story is by far the best in all the 3 games and the same can be said about the main targets. The first game really stays true to the open-world mechanic which makes the player find it's own resolve for any particular assassination, be it stealth or a huge battle.
The combat was much better than what we have in AC2 and the guards were much more aggresive and erm... acting like real guards. When outnumbered, running was a valid option back then, compared to ACB where Ezio is untouchable.

It also had a lot of bads from poor technical performace (lots of screen-tear for example), lack of day-night cycle, repetitive missions and nothing much to come back for post story.

ACB only improved in the content and replay value area because the technical problems still persist (which is shameful), the combat is dumbed down and takes no skill at all, the story is messy, the versatility is removed and changed with linear scripted stuff, the feeling of immersion is also taken away along with the many locations we had in the first 2 games and replaced with the multiplayer (which is nice, at least).

While I love everything AC related, I can really understand what the main poster is saying and can agree with him even he is a bit on the drama side. Whatever Ubi does I hope they don't ruin this wonderful concept and stay true to what AC means.

AMuppetMatt
05-26-2011, 02:30 AM
I think my main gripe with it is that AC1 was such a new and unique concept that I thought if Ubi played it right then they would have effectively created a new genre of gaming. Instead they've followed down a route which to me makes it too similar to other third person action games. Buying equipment, upgrading buildings, being half invincible... whilst the former two are not problems per ce, it just takes away some of the uniqueness that I felt they had going on.

But hey, I guess I'll be criticized for not being a "fan" and I'm nothing more than a "naysayer" won't I...
What narrow minded insolence!
This series has been shaped by the fans and we have a right to
A) Voice our opinions. We're human, we have them
and
B) To try and see Ubi implement them. Fair enough, they don't HAVE to listen to us, they don't HAVE to put in our ideas; but they can take into account our opinions and we have a right to voice them.
Unless you want us to bend over and let them pound us in the @** whilst taking our money?

I still like the game, but that doesn't mean I can't be a little dissapointed that they weren't able to deliver the game how they COULD have done, effectively making one of the best, if not THE best game of all time.

Also, is anyone arguing that the games are bad? Granted whilst the OP has been a little melodramatic, I can see where he's coming from. My issues are just a few minor things in game that could and really should have been done better, indeed should have been noticed and improved after they almost worked in AC2. THAT'S what really gets to me. Instead of improving the game for Brotherhood from what AC2 had got... an EXCELLENT foundation to work and improve elements on (Notoriety, the easier but more exciting combat, guards difficulty when chasing you etc.)... because Ubi had to work to such a small time period as they churned out the game for the next year (COD anyone?) they missed out on improving the game. I'm not saying AC1 was perfect (far from it), I'm not saying AC2 was perfect (far from it), I'm saying that ACB should have been more considered and should have improved on the excellent foundation provided in AC2, NOT just a half arsed game that was made too quickly to do itself the justice it deserved.

oOAltairOo
05-26-2011, 02:39 AM
I really do hope Ubi sees this thread, there's so many great reflections and thoughts here!

I have to give some credit to the developers, for coming up with so many great ideas since the original game. But the execution have not hit the spot with me and lots of other (intelligent) fans. A lot seemed targeted for a younger audience.

Please take your time with polishing the game. And don't believe that your fans are stupid. We want a challenging game!

I also don't believe the problem is that the developers can't implement our ideas, since some stuff that people want was in AC:1 but removed in AC:2 or AC:B.

I believe they have just gotten the wrong idea of who their fans are, and what we want. Thats the reason why voicing our thoughts is so important, so they can understand what the fans really want.

A Stealthy Lamp
05-26-2011, 03:51 AM
Am i the only one who thinks they are rushing it? We get a new AC every year now, and it's the same old animations and mechanics almost every time. Sure multiplayer is new but the servers must be broken or something : / Fun while it lasted though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

woowu
05-26-2011, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Jawa_Slayer:
Am i the only one who thinks they are rushing it? We get a new AC every year now, and it's the same old animations and mechanics almost every time. Sure multiplayer is new but the servers must be broken or something : / Fun while it lasted though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Yes, they are rushing them and it shows especially in the technical department. I would be ashamed to have a game freeze so often as ACB out on the market but who am I kidding? As long as they make huge barrels of money, they couldn't care less.

Ass4ssin8me
05-26-2011, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by SAVMATIC:
lol this whole thread is an epic waste of time. you still are all fans of this game and will continue to buy future releases. the negativity and whining of you people is sickening.

A prime example of the idiotic fanboys/girls that have ruined this series. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

cptn_k
05-26-2011, 06:58 AM
I think ACR will be a bit like a band's 3rd album...

Having created a seminal piece of work (albeit slightly flawed) to a relatively cult audience first time round, they decided to 'reach out' to the wider audience for the next installment, watering down the uniqueness and originality to appeal more to the mass market.

Then came an EP showing a different direction, which again was slightly flawed, but had elements of originality and uniqueness, appealling to both the original cult audience and the wider mass market.

Now we all wait for the 3rd major installment, hoping for the best from all.

It's make or break time - either it will be a masterpiece of refined original brilliance honed through experience and feedback...or it will be a total flop missing all the points that made it so good.

I'm hoping for the former.

oOAltairOo
05-26-2011, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by cptn_k:
I think ACR will be a bit like a band's 3rd album...

Having created a seminal piece of work (albeit slightly flawed) to a relatively cult audience first time round, they decided to 'reach out' to the wider audience for the next installment, watering down the uniqueness and originality to appeal more to the mass market.

Then came an EP showing a different direction, which again was slightly flawed, but had elements of originality and uniqueness, appealling to both the original cult audience and the wider mass market.

Now we all wait for the 3rd major installment, hoping for the best from all.

It's make or break time - either it will be a masterpiece of refined original brilliance honed through experience and feedback...or it will be a total flop missing all the points that made it so good.

I'm hoping for the former.

That is very true. (Even though AC:R will be their 4th game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) A lot of people bought AC:B just because it was an AC game. If they don't live up to "expectations" this time around i believe they will loose a lot of customers.

Mic_92
05-26-2011, 10:08 AM
The only thing AC2 has over Brotherhood is the story. Other than that the gameplay and memories are much better in ACB although it should have been harder, not have 100% synch and retain the atmosphere/style of AC2.

Still, I pretty much see AC2 & Brotherhood as the same game in two parts so there's no point in arguing.

cptn_k
05-26-2011, 10:11 AM
That is very true. (Even though AC:R will be their 4th game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

Technically yes, however as ACB was an extension of AC2, I likened it to an EP, where some new elements are introduced (eg. MP), and the next major installment is expected to be something that takes the best from the 1st and 2nd albums and the EP (like AC1, AC2 and ACB).

But that's just semantics in the analogy.

As long as UBI have listened to their hearts and their customers (and not the marketing and commercial accounts departments), then we should have something of brilliance.

Fingers crossed.

iN3krO
05-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Problem? Ac1 was peggi16 (and now it's peggi18 why?) and most of players saying that meele-like hidden blade is good are players with less than 18 years... Everyone that plays in my university says that Hidden Blade in Ac2 and AcB is just stupid...

And this not to talking to many other things changed from Ac1 to Ac2/B

reini03
05-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Problem? Ac1 was peggi16 (and now it's peggi18 why?) and most of players saying that meele-like hidden blade is good are players with less than 18 years... Everyone that plays in my university says that Hidden Blade in Ac2 and AcB is just stupid...

Actually, AC1 is also rated PEGI18...

sfin1994
05-26-2011, 11:55 AM

lol looks like you forgot how to use punctuation so you just stuck all your full stops together there, but please explain how it was stupid, whats the point of having a blade on your arm if you cant fight with it?

NORTHBOERN1
05-26-2011, 12:13 PM
I liked AC1, but I won't go play it again. It felt incomplete in so many ways. I actually thought I was missing something that the rest of the forum was seeing, but I realized I wasn't when I went back and played the ACII and ACB again. ACII is a riot, and ACB has been right up there with it.

What you think is best comes down to the sequence you play them in if you ask me.

JonnyQuickShot
05-26-2011, 12:16 PM
I would like to point out that the graphics in AC2 and Brotherhood clearly have a higher polygon count than AC1. Just play the intro to AC2 or BroHood...

iN3krO
05-26-2011, 12:37 PM

lol looks like you forgot how to use punctuation so you just stuck all your full stops together there, but please explain how it was stupid, whats the point of having a blade on your arm if you cant fight with it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hidden Blade porpuse is assassinate and not combat but I could fight with it and it's the best weapon for combat in Ac1 but it required me time to get skill enough to be able to use it in combat. In real life, if you try to use an hidden blade to fight like ezio do with it you would break your arm (only wanted to point it)...

Plus, hidden blade do more damage than the altair's sword and is faster than, it only lacks in block but that's not really important in Ac2/brotherhood (but it was in Ac1) so in both ac2 and brotherhood you have the most powerfull meele weapon from the start which is not understandable (at least for me)...

Oh and i don't want them to remove killstreaks with hidden blade, maybe they should make it harder to do killstreaks with hidden blade (not just smash buttons but press them in certain times like for combos with sword/dagger)

And you? why do you think meele-like attacks for hidden blade was a good addition?

phil.llllll
05-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
I would like to point out that the graphics in AC2 and Brotherhood clearly have a higher polygon count than AC1. Just play the intro to AC2 or BroHood...

No they don't. There's no significant difference in the poly counts of AC1/2/B.

iN3krO
05-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Ac and Ac2/B graphics can't be compared cuz the atmosphere was diffrent...

A desert atmosphere requires fog and "grey" colors while renaissance's italy requires vivid colors and no fog... however, ezio didn't have any face animation while in combat unlike altair...

sfin1994
05-26-2011, 12:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfin1994:

lol looks like you forgot how to use punctuation so you just stuck all your full stops together there, but please explain how it was stupid, whats the point of having a blade on your arm if you cant fight with it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hidden Blade porpuse is assassinate and not combat but I could fight with it and it's the best weapon for combat in Ac1 but it required me time to get skill enough to be able to use it in combat. In real life, if you try to use an hidden blade to fight like ezio do with it you would break your arm (only wanted to point it)...

Plus, hidden blade do more damage than the altair's sword and is faster than, it only lacks in block but that's not really important in Ac2/brotherhood (but it was in Ac1) so in both ac2 and brotherhood you have the most powerfull meele weapon from the start which is not understandable (at least for me)...

Oh and i don't want them to remove killstreaks with hidden blade, maybe they should make it harder to do killstreaks with hidden blade (not just smash buttons but press them in certain times like for combos with sword/dagger)

And you? why do you think meele-like attacks for hidden blade was a good addition? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"The hidden blade has been a constant companion of ours over the years. Some would say it defines us - and they would not be entirely wrong. Many of our successes would not have been possible without it."
?Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad's Codex

the hidden blade defines a assassin, he should be able to weild it like its his true wepone, like a master, it just adds that layer of sense of why they did it when you really think about it... and the reason why he can block attacks with it is because it has a metal skeleton... and i agree kill streaks should be harder... it would be faster because its straped to his arm... it would do more damage because he can swing his arm faster then a sword... he can also control it more...

iN3krO
05-26-2011, 01:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfin1994:

And you? why do you think meele-like attacks for hidden blade was a good addition? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"The hidden blade has been a constant companion of ours over the years. Some would say it defines us - and they would not be entirely wrong. Many of our successes would not have been possible without it."

they hidden blade defines a assasin, he should be able to weild it like its his true wepone, like a master, it jsut adds that layer of sense of why they did it when you really think about it... and the reason why he can block attacks with it is because it has a metal skeleton... nad i agree kill streaks should be harder... it would be faster because its straped to his arm... it would do more damage because he can swing his arm faster then a sword... he can also control it more... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But it's the best weapon of the Ac Franchise and it requires no skill in Ac2/B and as i said, in real life you would break ur arm if you try to do what ezio does...

That's one ireal thing that makes the game too easy ....

Plus the combat system of the hidden blade is more proper for the katar (which assassins used to use to) and not of the hidden blade but that's another discussion apart

JonnyQuickShot
05-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Altair had face animation? He was a kind of bland character.

iN3krO
05-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
Altair had face animation? He was a kind of bland character.

Yes he did... In every counter-attack and combo... however get the perfect angle to see it is hard... He shows his teeth like in an angry expression and moves his lips each hit he does in counter-attacks or combos (with dagger there are some combos with many hits)...

This was not present in ac2/b which made ezio fell less like a person... (aside that we didn't knew what ezio was thinking all the way and you did know what altair was thinking about...)

JonnyQuickShot
05-26-2011, 03:46 PM
You have to be really shallow to think that remaining impassive make you less of a person.
No offense.

iMBUE_
05-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Opinions are like , everyone has one.

I'm sorry you don't like the game now.

Find another game.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

ShaneO7K
05-26-2011, 04:01 PM

they hidden blade defines a assasin, he should be able to weild it like its his true wepone, like a master, it jsut adds that layer of sense of why they did it when you really think about it... and the reason why he can block attacks with it is because it has a metal skeleton... nad i agree kill streaks should be harder... it would be faster because its straped to his arm... it would do more damage because he can swing his arm faster then a sword... he can also control it more... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But it's the best weapon of the Ac Franchise and it requires no skill in Ac2/B and as i said, in real life you would break ur arm if you try to do what ezio does...

Plus the combat system of the hidden blade is more proper for the katar (which assassins used to use to) and not of the hidden blade but that's another discussion apart </div></BLOCKQUOTE> The assassin's of AC are only loosely based on the Hassassin.

And most of the abilities we have with the hidden blade is for gameplay purposes.

ACR from screenshots and the teaser trailer seems to going back to AC's roots and will most likely combine what has been made new since AC1. Which is definetly a good thing.

Rea1SamF1sher
05-26-2011, 04:16 PM
I would like to see more focus on the main aspect, Social Stealth. More improvements, challenging fights (better AI). More freedom in missions.

ACR from screenshots and the teaser trailer seems to going back to AC's roots and will most likely combine what has been made new since AC1. Which is definetly a good thing.
Where do you see that it's returning to the roots?

ShaneO7K
05-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Andre202:
I would like to see more focus on the main aspect, Social Stealth. More improvements, challenging fights (better AI). More freedom in missions.

Where do you see that it's returning to the roots? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> It doesn't say that it's returning to it's going back to its roots, I said it SEEMS like it is. The teaser points to a darker story relating to the Assassin Vs. Templar war. And graphically if you look at one of the new ACR screenshots it reminds me of Damascus.

iN3krO
05-26-2011, 04:32 PM

Plus the combat system of the hidden blade is more proper for the katar (which assassins used to use to) and not of the hidden blade but that's another discussion apart </div></BLOCKQUOTE> The assassin's of AC are only loosely based on the Hassassin.

And most of the abilities we have with the hidden blade is for gameplay purposes.

ACR from screenshots and the teaser trailer seems to going back to AC's roots and will most likely combine what has been made new since AC1. Which is definetly a good thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gameplay porpuse? having a easy game? Ok but i don't want it... It would be nice if we had to kill umberto with normal ac1-like hidden blade and than have to kill the guards (requiring skill) but no... we go with the best weapon of the game for the first assassination and we dont need skill to master it ;D

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language Please</span>

ShaneO7K
05-26-2011, 04:39 PM

ACR from screenshots and the teaser trailer seems to going back to AC's roots and will most likely combine what has been made new since AC1. Which is definetly a good thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gameplay porpuse? having a **** easy game? Ok but i don't want it... It would be nice if we had to kill umberto with normal ac1-like hidden blade and than have to kill the guards (requiring skill) but no... we go with the best weapon of the game for the first assassination and we dont need skill to master it ;D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The combat from AC1 was complained about to Ubisoft about being to difficult, then they changed in AC2 to fit what people had wanted.

You're acting as if every detail needs to be up to your standards, they've been successful with the AC series up until now, if you don't like the way AC is stop complaining and don't buy it.

ACfreak357
05-26-2011, 04:59 PM

YOU MAD BRO??

iN3krO
05-27-2011, 07:35 AM

gameplay porpuse? having a **** easy game? Ok but i don't want it... It would be nice if we had to kill umberto with normal ac1-like hidden blade and than have to kill the guards (requiring skill) but no... we go with the best weapon of the game for the first assassination and we dont need skill to master it ;D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The combat from AC1 was complained about to Ubisoft about being to difficult, then they changed in AC2 to fit what people had wanted.

You're acting as if every detail needs to be up to your standards, they've been successful with the AC series up until now, if you don't like the way AC is stop complaining and don't buy it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did i complain about it difficult? did my friends complain about it?

When AC was announced here in the forum ubisoft stated this would be the start of a new generation of games... instead of that they have made AC1 as a brand new kind of game but than made Ac2/B making it to fit the big market (sell more).. for me a sucessfull game is a game that fits to game freaks (like me) and not to casual players like you...

Example: God Of War was the best franchise for me, the first title was really good and the following got harder and had more movements... why assassin's creed can't become harder and get more movements like God of War did?

Another exemple like assassin's creed?
Counter-Strike: First game cs1.x (now on 1.6) was the introdution of a new type of FPS eSport game (Team FPS)... It required too much skill (yes was much harder than AC and no1 compalined about it), had good graphics for his time and had no lag problems... Than valve decided to make Counter-Strike Source making the graphics good for his year (2004) but the gameplay was changed to be more noob-friendly (like ac2/B) and that's why we don't see CSS at major eSport events but we see CS1.6 there...

I won't stop playing AC cuz even with bad gameplay, the story is still very good and until they don't **** up the WHOLE story i will play but i won't say it's the best franchise ever made...

It's not my standards, i can live with many things i don't like but if a game is easy it doesn't incentivate me to do it 100% cuz i will get boring after doing main story...

ShaneO7K
05-27-2011, 08:10 AM

Did i complain about it difficult? did my friends complain about it?

When AC was announced here in the forum ubisoft stated this would be the start of a new generation of games... instead of that they have made AC1 as a brand new kind of game but than made Ac2/B making it to fit the big market (sell more).. for me a sucessfull game is a game that fits to game freaks (like me) and not to casual players like you...

Example: God Of War was the best franchise for me, the first title was really good and the following got harder and had more movements... why assassin's creed can't become harder and get more movements like God of War did?

Another exemple like assassin's creed?
Counter-Strike: First game cs1.x (now on 1.6) was the introdution of a new type of FPS eSport game (Team FPS)... It required too much skill (yes was much harder than AC and no1 compalined about it), had good graphics for his time and had no lag problems... Than valve decided to make Counter-Strike Source making the graphics good for his year (2004) but the gameplay was changed to be more noob-friendly (like ac2/B) and that's why we don't see CSS at major eSport events but we see CS1.6 there...

I won't stop playing AC cuz even with bad gameplay, the story is still very good and until they don't **** up the WHOLE story i will play but i won't say it's the best franchise ever made...

It's not my standards, i can live with many things i don't like but if a game is easy it doesn't incentivate me to do it 100% cuz i will get boring after doing main story...

Believe it or not there is more people that buy the game than just you and your friends, they will change what the majority of the fanbase want and it will take more than just you and your friends to stop it.

I liked AC1 and think it's probably the best one, but I can deal with change where it is needed unlike you. It does not make me a casual gamer to be able cope with change in a game and not expect a game to be the same with each new release. Are all "gamer freaks" as whiney as you?

Take what other people are saying to you on board and not just ignore them and reply with AC1's good points and think to yourself you've made their point invalid. Many people who have wrote on this thread agree with some points but if they don't totally agree with you, you act like a complete ***-hole too them. Grow up.

iN3krO
05-27-2011, 09:09 AM
I've talked about the ppl i know and they all agree with me so just by MATHS, most of ppl SHOULD agree with me. Thought i should ask to more ppl cuz 15~20 guys feedback isn't enough :S

I don't want a game that don't change anything, i want a game that improve what NEEDS to be improved cuz some "improvements" made from ac1 to ac2/b weren't imrpovements but yes downgrades..

My opinion:

Ac1:
Combat System: 9/10
Combat Dificult: 10/10
Stealthy: 6/10
Story: 9/10
Missions: 3/10

Ac2:
Combat System: 3/10
Combat Dificult: 3/10
Stealthy: 8/10
Missions: 8/10

AcB:
Combat System: 6/10 (with ac1 hidden blade it would be 10/10)
Combat Dificult: 6/10 (with ac1 hidden blade would be 8/10 and with killstreaks requiring skill too 10/10)
Stealthy: 9/10
Story: 6/10
Missions: 7/10

Why they couldn't keep the good aspects of Ac1 with the GOOD improvements from ac1 to ac2 and acb?...

RzaRecta357
05-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Stopped reading after a bit.

I played AC1 6 times in a row to show my friends and hear everything before the second came out.

Instafelt let down a bit by the "Feel" of it. Still loved it though.

Then I got a sword, and they had health bars and the swords didn't have that strong "Connection feel". Then I noticed Ezio doesn't have expressions when killing which was my favourite part of seeing Altair in a kill cam murdering.

The kill cams suck in the last two games.

NORTHBOERN1
05-27-2011, 11:34 AM
I've talked about the ppl i know and they all agree with me so just by MATHS, most of ppl SHOULD agree with me. Thought i should ask to more ppl cuz 15~20 guys feedback isn't enough :S

I don't want a game that don't change anything, i want a game that improve what NEEDS to be improved cuz some "improvements" made from ac1 to ac2/b weren't imrpovements but yes downgrades..

My opinion:

Ac1:

Ac2:

AcB:
Combat Dificult: 6/10 (with ac1 hidden blade would be 8/10 and with killstreaks requiring skill too 10/10)

Why they couldn't keep the good aspects of Ac1 with the GOOD improvements from ac1 to ac2 and acb?... My review on stealth would be opposite of this...did we play the same games!?

NORTHBOERN1
05-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Stopped reading after a bit.

I played AC1 6 times in a row to show my friends and hear everything before the second came out.

Instafelt let down a bit by the "Feel" of it. Still loved it though.

Then I got a sword, and they had health bars and the swords didn't have that strong "Connection feel". Then I noticed Ezio doesn't have expressions when killing which was my favourite part of seeing Altair in a kill cam murdering.

The kill cams suck in the last two games. This post above is a prime example of the best game in a gamers opinion is related to the sequence you play the games in.

Black_Widow9
05-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Please stop with the quote pyramids guys. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

SupremeCaptain
05-27-2011, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Please stop with the quote pyramids guys. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

You can implement a system where a "quote pyramid" can only go up to 5 quotes deep. If someone replies to a quote with more than 5 quotes, the oldest quote will just be deleted.

You may want to look into it. Could be useful.

iN3krO
05-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by NORTHBOERN1:

My opinion:

Ac1:

Ac2:

AcB:

Why they couldn't keep the good aspects of Ac1 with the GOOD improvements from ac1 to ac2 and acb?... My review on stealth would be opposite of this...did we play the same games!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stealthy got better (faster scale, asassinating from hidden spots, hide in ppl and in bortherhood walk with ppl while hidden and the elevator)...

Even if the combat dificult didn't incentive stealthy ways, the stealthy mechanique was improved (with notoriety too), so in my opinion, if the combat kept as hard as ac1 or the harder posible, you should have noticed better the improves in the stealthy...

Do you agree with the rest of things?

missed to say in Ac:B in combat system, hidden blade would be 8/10 but with more time to lock on a target with the gun would add 2 more points (current hidden blade + good time for gun = 8/10, ac1 hidden blade + good time for gun = 10/10)

What i think AcR will be?

Combat System: 6/10
Combat Dificult: 5/10
Stealthy: 10/10 (ziplines GG)
Story: 10/10 (Altair + Ezio GG)
Missions: ???

crash3
05-27-2011, 04:33 PM
ACB was certainly the best so far in terms of gameplay, but too short storyline and not complex enough

AC2 had the best storyline in terms of progression and length but was ridiculously easy

AC1 had a brilliant philosophical side to the story such as in depth conversations with al mualim and also the victims as they die, questioning your actions

all games have got their ups and downs, ACR is ment to tie up loose ends in terms of storyline, hopefully they will do that in terms of gameplay too

O6EvolutionIXMR
05-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Yes...AC is "falling". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

You know, there are plenty of other games out there.

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by O6EvolutionIXMR:
Yes...AC is "falling". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

You know, there are plenty of other games out there.

But the other games don't have the potential that Ac have to be the best game ever... if ubisoft start doing what they want to and not what review pages want to than the game will be really wonderfull...

Bruno_Berg
05-28-2011, 06:31 AM

My opinion:

Ac1:

Ac2:

AcB:

Why they couldn't keep the good aspects of Ac1 with the GOOD improvements from ac1 to ac2 and acb?...

AC1 10/10 in difficulty? It might very well be the most difficult AC game but it wasn't all that hard to be honest. I wouldn't say that AC:B was much harder than AC2 either, the streaks made it really easy. Not that I'm complaining about the streaks really, I don't really care if the games are easy, it's still awesome to jump across rooftops and pull of great looking kills.

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Bruno_Berg:

My opinion:

Ac1:

Ac2:

AcB:

AC1 10/10 in difficulty? It might very well be the most difficult AC game but it wasn't all that hard to be honest. I wouldn't say that AC:B was much harder than AC2 either, the streaks made it really easy. Not that I'm complaining about the streaks really, I don't really care if the games are easy, it's still awesome to jump across rooftops and pull of great looking kills. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Replay Sequence 1 (when u need to kill the merchant) and try to fight a templar... he will kick your *** off...

It was as dificult as it could be made for a game like this.. if the combat was even more dificult it would suck a bit...

AcB was really harder than Ac2... at least now guards attacks you and block your attacks and not like Ac2's ******ed brutus -.-''

I like the killstreaks idea but i think it should require timming to press the attack button to be sucessfull (like for combo)

samward
05-28-2011, 07:50 AM

I don't understand posts like this. If you don't like the game, than stop playing and move on. The rest of us love the games and are really excited for ACR. So stop being a downer and leave the rest of us alone to enjoy the games.

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by samward:

I don't understand posts like this. If you don't like the game, than stop playing and move on. The rest of us love the games and are really excited for ACR. So stop being a downer and leave the rest of us alone to enjoy the games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

u misunderstand him... he said he likes the game but that the game COULD be much better if ubisoft had taken the right moves (which i agree they hadn't taken so)...

samward
05-28-2011, 08:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by samward:

I ask myself how this could have happened.

Ubisoft noticed this, and eager for a broader audience, (who would produce more money) they searched to satisfy all these complaints. Without taking into account all of the gamers who loved the original AC for what it was.

I don't understand posts like this. If you don't like the game, than stop playing and move on. The rest of us love the games and are really excited for ACR. So stop being a downer and leave the rest of us alone to enjoy the games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

u misunderstand him... he said he likes the game but that the game COULD be much better if ubisoft had taken the right moves (which i agree they hadn't taken so)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand that he liked the games and now he is not happy where they are going. But I just don't get why he feels that way. The awards and numbers of fans keep going up and the storyline keeps getting better. Each game brings with it new innovations in game play. I just don't understand what more people want. I agree that Ezio's storyline in ACB could have had a bit more meat on it, but Desmond's stuff rocked and Ezio's story was necessary to get us to where we are. I think that they are concerned that fans get what they are looking for, hence all the advancements they have put together for ACR. They have gone back to the roots of the game while leaping forward. So with all of this in mind why would anyone have any less faith in ACR? I mean so much judgment before we have seen any proper demos... have more faith

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 08:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by samward:

Ubisoft noticed this, and eager for a broader audience, (who would produce more money) they searched to satisfy all these complaints. Without taking into account all of the gamers who loved the original AC for what it was.

u misunderstand him... he said he likes the game but that the game COULD be much better if ubisoft had taken the right moves (which i agree they hadn't taken so)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand that he liked the games and now he is not happy where they are going. But I just don't get why he feels that way. The awards and numbers of fans keep going up and the storyline keeps getting better. Each game brings with it new innovations in game play. I just don't understand what more people want. I agree that Ezio's storyline in ACB could have had a bit more meat on it, but Desmond's stuff rocked and Ezio's story was necessary to get us to where we are. I think that they are concerned that fans get what they are looking for, hence all the advancements they have put together for ACR. They have gone back to the roots of the game while leaping forward. So with all of this in mind why would anyone have any less faith in ACR? I mean so much judgment before we have seen any proper demos... have more faith </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My review of the franchise:

Ac1:
Combat System: 8/10

Ac2:

AcB:
Combat Dificult: 6/10

What would make AcB things better?

Combat System: with ac1 hidden blade it would gain 2 points, with the gun requiring same time to lock on as in ac2 it would gain 1 point crossbow doing half damage the gun do (not being able to kill every guard in one hit) another point

Combat Dificult: with ac1 hidden blade would gain 2 points and with killstreaks requiring skill timming would gain another 2 points

You now understand why me and oOoAltairOoO are not satisfied with ac2 and acB? they have fixed the problems from Ac1 but they have made the good things from Ac1 worst...

samward
05-28-2011, 08:37 AM

I understand that he liked the games and now he is not happy where they are going. But I just don't get why he feels that way. The awards and numbers of fans keep going up and the storyline keeps getting better. Each game brings with it new innovations in game play. I just don't understand what more people want. I agree that Ezio's storyline in ACB could have had a bit more meat on it, but Desmond's stuff rocked and Ezio's story was necessary to get us to where we are. I think that they are concerned that fans get what they are looking for, hence all the advancements they have put together for ACR. They have gone back to the roots of the game while leaping forward. So with all of this in mind why would anyone have any less faith in ACR? I mean so much judgment before we have seen any proper demos... have more faith </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ac1:

Ac2:

AcB:

Combat System: with ac1 hidden blade it would gain 2 points, with the gun requiring same time to lock on as in ac2 it would gain 1 point crossbow doing half damage the gun do (not being able to kill every guard in one hit) another point

Combat Dificult: with ac1 hidden blade would gain 2 points and with killstreaks requiring skill timming would gain another 2 points

You now understand why me and oOoAltairOoO are not satisfied with ac2 and acB? they have fixed the problems from Ac1 but they have made the good things from Ac1 worst... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok not trying to start an argument. But you just listed a bunch of stuff that you are not happy with..fair enough...but you are talking like you have seen ACR. No one has...so why are you expecting it to fail your expectations?

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 08:47 AM

Ac1:

Ac2:

AcB:

You now understand why me and oOoAltairOoO are not satisfied with ac2 and acB? they have fixed the problems from Ac1 but they have made the good things from Ac1 worst... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok not trying to start an argument. But you just listed a bunch of stuff that you are not happy with..fair enough...but you are talking like you have seen ACR. No one has...so why are you expecting it to fail your expectations? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GameInformer:

Combat: Ezio now have more agresive moves.

Remember what happened in AcB with the new agresive moves? the game became easy as ****...

Use the gun while in ziplines? now gun will be insta aim or what?...

The only thing i have faith to be perfect are the altair missions... aside of that, ezio, i think it will suck even more than in AcB :S

My preview for AcR:

Missions: ???

ILLusioNaire
05-28-2011, 11:21 AM
AC WILL RISE AGAIN!

samward
05-28-2011, 11:31 AM
ok not trying to start an argument. But you just listed a bunch of stuff that you are not happy with..fair enough...but you are talking like you have seen ACR. No one has...so why are you expecting it to fail your expectations?[/QUOTE]

GameInformer:

Combat: Ezio now have more agresive moves.

Remember what happened in AcB with the new agresive moves? the game became easy as ****...

Use the gun while in ziplines? now gun will be insta aim or what?...

The only thing i have faith to be perfect are the altair missions... aside of that, ezio, i think it will suck even more than in AcB :S

My preview for AcR:

Missions: ???[/QUOTE]

Like I said to start with, if you dont want to play the game then dont...but dont sit around here and moan about how bad a game is going to be when you have not even seen any live demo, let alone played it!

There are things about the technical game play we would all like to change, but it does not mean that we have any less faith that this next game is going to kick ***.

I respect that this is not your opinion so lets just agree to disagree. Cause I doubt either of us is going to change the other one's opinion. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 12:41 PM
All i'm trying to do is make ppl understand what i mean cuz if they really understand me they will ask for changes too and ubisoft will be "forced" to make it balanced...

Only from the gameinformer preview we can make an idea of how the game will be...

Every Ac kicked off... the 3 for the story, ac1 for the dificult, ac2 for the introdution of a new concept of features and acB for the development of ac2 features plus some news...

But why would we be satiesfied with a game that kick off when we can make a game that even GODS will play? Ubisoft have the power to make a perfect game and they are not doing it...

For those who gameplay features are more important than the combat dificult of ac1, acB was the best game and for those who want dificult combat Ac1 was the best.... it's just our opinion but Ubisoft could make a game that's good for both public...

ACfreak357
05-28-2011, 01:53 PM

My opinion:

Ac1:

Ac2:

AcB:

Are you sure your playing Assassins Creed? Because the Combat system gradually got better and better by each game but not the difficulty.

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by ACfreak357:

My opinion:

Ac1:

Ac2:

AcB:

Are you sure your playing Assassins Creed? Because the Combat system gradually got better and better by each game but not the difficulty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More features is not better if they are not balanced... I agree that if they were balanced it was much better but sadly they were really unbalanced and you had become a war-machine...

Calvarok
05-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Brotherhood may have had easy combat, but it was a heck of a lot more fun than any of the combat in the other ACs. The only problem was that that meant they had to have a "no detection" restriction, to make up for the enemies not being able to kill you fast. I'm hoping that they make the combat even more flowy, but add some strategic thinking to it, and stop making the combo streaks one hit kills. Having a difficulty setting could fix a lot of this.

BTW, OP, Brotherhood had a more focused and thought out story than any AC game to date. And it had so many gameplay additions and bug fixes. And it actually IMPROVED the graphics, you know. And it only came out in a year. Revelations is looking BETTER. And even IF brotherhood was bad, you can't take one game as an example of a "trend". A trend is not one isolated incident.

kriegerdesgottes
05-28-2011, 10:44 PM
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with most of that. ACB's story was not anywhere near as good as ACII's story. Not even close. and if by bug fixes you mean just straight out BUGS then yeah I guess so. How many patches had to be put out for Brotherhood? I don't even know I lost count a long time ago especially with the MP portion. The game is downright ridiculous with bugs and people complained about the last two and I never noticed any problems with the first or second game but brotherhood was downright ridiculous with the stupid white gradient thing and countless other problems it had that were for the most part patched. A lot of people didn't get weapons/trophies unlocked when they earned them. Revelations does look great but I'm telling you now, annual games is going to eventually sink the franchise you watch. I think they are working on III right now though so it has more time which would be smart.

iN3krO
05-29-2011, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Brotherhood may have had easy combat, but it was a heck of a lot more fun than any of the combat in the other ACs. The only problem was that that meant they had to have a "no detection" restriction, to make up for the enemies not being able to kill you fast. I'm hoping that they make the combat even more flowy, but add some strategic thinking to it, and stop making the combo streaks one hit kills. Having a difficulty setting could fix a lot of this.

BTW, OP, Brotherhood had a more focused and thought out story than any AC game to date. And it had so many gameplay additions and bug fixes. And it actually IMPROVED the graphics, you know. And it only came out in a year. Revelations is looking BETTER. And even IF brotherhood was bad, you can't take one game as an example of a "trend". A trend is not one isolated incident.

Sorry to not share your opinion but for me a easy combat will never be a fun combat cuz i get no satisfied when i kill all those guards unlike when it's hard that i stay like FUC\< YEAH when i kill them all...

sfin1994
05-29-2011, 04:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

Sorry to not share your opinion but for me a easy combat will never be a fun combat cuz i get no satisfied when i kill all those guards unlike when it's hard that i stay like FUC\< YEAH when i kill them all... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then Dragon Age is the game for YOU http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

iN3krO
05-29-2011, 04:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

Sorry to not share your opinion but for me a easy combat will never be a fun combat cuz i get no satisfied when i kill all those guards unlike when it's hard that i stay like FUC\< YEAH when i kill them all... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then Dragon Age is the game for YOU http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't like full 3D MMORPGs... they kill the whole gameplay...

Call Of Duty Black Ops VETERAN is for me!

However combat isn't everything but for me the combat is the second most important thing for me...

Story > Combat > Features... AcB got more features than Ac1 but got a unbalanced combat system, that's why i still prefer ac1 ;P

sfin1994
05-29-2011, 07:05 AM
3D mmorpg??? Dragon age isnt a mmo, you do know that right??

iN3krO
05-29-2011, 09:07 AM

The interface is like Wow and others MMORPG's...

ShaneO7K
05-29-2011, 09:17 AM

The interface is like Wow and others MMORPG's... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Though that doesn't make it an MMORPG.

iN3krO
05-29-2011, 09:22 AM

The interface is like Wow and others MMORPG's... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Though that doesn't make it an MMORPG. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it's a RPG... like final fantasy and so on... for what i've seen from a video i won't enjoy the game :X

sfin1994
05-29-2011, 09:41 AM

The interface is like Wow and others MMORPG's... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Though that doesn't make it an MMORPG. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it's a RPG... like final fantasy and so on... for what i've seen from a video i won't enjoy the game :X </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do know that final fantasy is turn-based and that Dragon age isnt?? Have you tried it?? If not, write Dragon Age 2 on your gut, walk into your local game store, steal one, leave your contact details with me, and ill send you peach... why would i send you peaches?? anyway you should really try it, you should give it a go. If you need help with it just contact me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

RzaRecta357
05-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Dragon Age 2 is almost not even an RPG anymore. Still a great game.

Also, these little chain kills like batman suck. Altairs combat was the best the series had.

His kill cams also took the cake. You would see his teeth and what not all the time.

Ezio's kill cams suck.

ShaneO7K
05-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Dragon Age 2 is almost not even an RPG anymore. Still a great game.

Also, these little chain kills like batman suck. Altairs combat was the best the series had.

His kill cams also took the cake. You would see his teeth and what not all the time.

Ezio's kill cams suck. Yeah I have a feeling they are going to bring the best of both worlds in with ACR, just to add to the nostalgia of Altairs return.

sassinscreed
05-29-2011, 01:48 PM
ac 2 was perfect game and i was dissapointed with brotherhood its still good game but i was expecting it to be much better

revelations seems to me that it will be the best in series with what we know about it for now and i hope it will really be better than brotherhood

it just shouldnt have exactly same time of gameplay like ac2 and acb because acb was a little boring because it was exactly same type of gameplay as ac2

iN3krO
05-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:
ac 2 was perfect game and i was dissapointed with brotherhood its still good game but i was expecting it to be much better

revelations seems to me that it will be the best in series with what we know about it for now and i hope it will really be better than brotherhood

it just shouldnt have exactly same time of gameplay like ac2 and acb because acb was a little boring because it was exactly same type of gameplay as ac2

I'm still not sure AcR will beat Ac1 in dificult and Missions... At least make the missions ac2 like cuz the ones from AcB sucked a lot... and the combat, i won't say anything else, just try to balance everything (starting on hidden blade, maybe thought an option)...

oOAltairOo
05-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:

Just wondering, did you play AC:1?

Calvarok
05-29-2011, 05:52 PM
AC 1 had way more glitches than AC 2 did, both visually and gameplay wise. ACB had fixes for visual glitches for problems that have been there since AC1, and the only gameplay glitch was the flying one. Which barely happens. And I'm not saying that AC:B had a better story, just that it told the story it had better. Anyway, The series is going to get a big break once AC3 comes out. Ubi has said that these non-numbered games aren't supposed to be as big steps forward in gameplay as numbered ones, but that they're there to flesh out the story of the world. Brotherhood made me LIKE desmond. I never though I'd like desmond. It looks like this one will be more aobut character development with Ezio and Altair, and finding out Desmond's past. All of these are things that are really interesting to me. It will also be interesting to see another "branch" of the assassin order.

mantledarcanum
06-06-2011, 07:19 PM

I feel ACB should have remained DLC for 2. It was too short and really not worth paying the full price for.

And yes, I do also feel that the quality of the games went down after Patrice left. :/

DavisP92
06-06-2011, 07:56 PM
i'm with aquarianfae however i feel that the new creative director and his new ideas will bring AC back (from ACB semi-failure/success) and take AC into a new and better direction.

The smoke bomb actually looks good and does make it near-impossible to see the enemies without eagle sense, the hook is cool, bombs are nice, but i want more then just that haha

Bruno_Berg
06-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by aquarianfae:

I feel ACB should have remained DLC for 2. It was too short and really not worth paying the full price for.

And yes, I do also feel that the quality of the games went down after Patrice left. :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You do know that Patrice was involved with AC:B, right? :P

mantledarcanum
06-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Yes, but were he to have stayed with the company, there is still the possibility that the series wouldn't have become a cow so milked, only dirt comes from its udders. There is the possibility that ACB could have been DLC for 2. The Cristina missions would have made perfect sense being in there, as would the continued hunt for the Borgia.

Bruno_Berg
06-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by aquarianfae:
Yes, but were he to have stayed with the company, there is still the possibility that the series wouldn't have become a cow so milked, only dirt comes from its udders. There is the possibility that ACB could have been DLC for 2. The Cristina missions would have made perfect sense being in there, as would the continued hunt for the Borgia.

But you haven't played Assassin's Creed: Revelations yet! It's the only game he's not been involved in. You can't say the series gone to hell since he left since you've yet to play a game he's not involved in creating. It makes no sense to say such a thing.