PDA

View Full Version : Keypad #5

Doon1
12-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Hi Guys and Gals,
I've recently developed a concern with IL2-AEP 2.04. After I've been playing for about ten or fifteen minutes I am no long able to pan my view. Not with the mouse, hat switch, or keyboard. It moves but then jumps right back to forward view. Thru the control setup I've traced it down to the game seeing numpad5 key being continuously pressed. It's not. I reassigned the forward view key to alleviate this concern but I don't want a continuous numpad5 inputting all the time. It's only with IL2 and I don't want to have to reinstall and risk loosing my saved missions. Any ideas?
John (Warchild)

Doon1
12-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Hi Guys and Gals,
I've recently developed a concern with IL2-AEP 2.04. After I've been playing for about ten or fifteen minutes I am no long able to pan my view. Not with the mouse, hat switch, or keyboard. It moves but then jumps right back to forward view. Thru the control setup I've traced it down to the game seeing numpad5 key being continuously pressed. It's not. I reassigned the forward view key to alleviate this concern but I don't want a continuous numpad5 inputting all the time. It's only with IL2 and I don't want to have to reinstall and risk loosing my saved missions. Any ideas?
John (Warchild)

plumps_
12-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Maybe you've hit the 'Toggle Snap/Pan View' key (F9 by default)? But then you should still be able to look around with the mouse.

Doon1
12-02-2004, 10:20 PM
When I went into the controls setup and clicked one of the settings as if to change it I got the "key assigned to foward view" popup window. So I know it's the #5 key but thanks for the reply. I didn't know shift+F9 was the pan snap. I thought it was just F9.
John

plumps_
12-02-2004, 10:34 PM
OK. F9 is default, I changed that in my own setup to prevent hitting the key inadvertvertently.

Did you try setting the controls back to default? If you don't want to lose your setup there are two possible ways: Open Windows Explorer and go to ...Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\Users\[Pilot Name]\. Make a backup copy of the settings.ini. That's the file that contains your keyboard settings. Then open the game and reset your controls to default.

Or just create a new pilot. He will have his own control setup, starting with the default settings.

It's also possible to edit the settings.ini in Notepad.

plumps_
12-02-2004, 10:53 PM
Another idea: Do you use a programmable joystick? Maybe something is wrong with the stick or the profile you use for FB. Does it still happen when ou disconnect the joystick?

If you think that you need to reinstall FB save the 'Users' and 'Missions' folders so you don't lose your missions and careers.

Tully__
12-03-2004, 04:15 AM
I'm with plumps, sounds like a mis-assigned joystick control/profile problem. What stick do you use? Do you have the problem key assigned to something on the joystick?