PDA

View Full Version : A question about the time frame...

the amolang
06-20-2009, 09:04 AM
I am curious when the game take place. I thought it was confirmed that it was 1476, but in this Gametrailers video (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/assassins-creed-assassins-creed/51783) it says that it is going to take place in 1486... which is right?

the amolang
06-20-2009, 09:04 AM
I am curious when the game take place. I thought it was confirmed that it was 1476, but in this Gametrailers video (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/assassins-creed-assassins-creed/51783) it says that it is going to take place in 1486... which is right?

Xanatos2007
06-20-2009, 09:16 AM
I think the story will span across several years. Da Vinci/Ezio will probably have a hard time tracking down the targets, since the Assassins aren't a large organization with spies in every city anymore, it would probably be just the two of them I think. Who knows, time will tell.

the amolang
06-20-2009, 11:13 PM
thats what i have been thinking, as the "evidence" shows that cause there are certain events that have been confirmed for the game which are in other years too...

godsmack_darius
06-20-2009, 11:21 PM
The new trailer said 1486 didnt it?

Unless the game takes 1-2 years in its own time frame

Skaevola
06-21-2009, 12:17 AM
I think I remember hearing at some point that they decided to switch the date because it made the main characters a little more mature.

godsmack_darius
06-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Hmm, How so?

loveboof
06-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Like someone said above, the game could span a few years - especially seeing as Ezio isn't meant to be an assassin at first (i.e he might have to train up a bit).

But if it doesn't, I'd like to know what Ezio did before he started killing people cos there aren't that many window cleaners who can scale a building in a few seconds lol.

obliviondoll
06-21-2009, 09:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by loveboof:
I'd like to know what Ezio did before he started killing people cos there aren't that many people other thanwindow cleaners who can scale a building in a few seconds lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fixed that for you.

More seriously though, I agree with the way you posted it at first. They mentioned he's in the nobility, and nobles are usually at one extreme or the other - Fit and well-versed in some form of regular exercise (probably Ezio) or extravagant and lazy (probably not Ezio). So a short period of training would probably be all he needs to be quite a capable Assassin.

loveboof
06-21-2009, 09:19 AM
lol, even a first class window cleaner would struggle a bit on a cathedral with just his bare hands - but you got my point http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

As a noble he could well be pretty nifty with a sword, but he'd need special training for the other stuff. (obviously he comes from a long line of ancestral assassins but is that enough?)

obliviondoll
06-21-2009, 09:31 AM
If you're fit and healthy, get regular exercise, and some of that includes sword or other weapon practice, you'd likely have enough stamina and callouses on your hands to make skilled climbing come pretty easily. Even moreso if you wear good gloves.

loveboof
06-21-2009, 09:39 AM
hmmm, dunno.

I'm in good shape and get regular exercise, but I seriously don't think I could climb up the steeple of a church!

Obviously he has to be able to do those things for it to be assassin's creed - but I just hope the story etc adds up (which I'm sure it will)

UBOSOFT-Gamer
06-21-2009, 09:40 AM

obliviondoll
06-21-2009, 09:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
If you're fit and healthy, get regular exercise, and some of that includes sword or other weapon practice, you'd likely have enough stamina and callouses on your hands to make skilled climbing come pretty easily. Even moreso if you wear good gloves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Do you fight, or do other things which callous your hands? Or assume you'd be wearing good gloves while climbing? Or both? And I said it'd "come pretty easily," meaning es he would have to learn and practise climbing, but it would be a matter of weeks, or perhaps a few months, to be capable of climbing buildings. And it's a game, you don't have to worry about tiring out halfway up a hundred-foot wall just because you sprinted to it from over a mile away.

No worries about cramping up either.

loveboof
06-21-2009, 10:25 AM
I don't have any sword or weapon training lol, but I don't really see how that would help me free climb a sheer 100m building http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The best people at parkour in the world aren't even as good as Altair or Ezio, so to suggest that being in shape and able to fight means you could free climb up buildings after a few weeks doesn't really add up to me.

It's apples and oranges :P

The fact it is a game is the most important thing you said above.. and I mentioned that in my last post - I just like things to make sense!

Altair was a master assassin so had years of training, but as far as we know Ezio is a normal nobleman until something happens...

Serenity9066
06-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Maybe it's genetic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif.

godsmack_darius
06-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Actually, Ezio wouldnt have to Train
Because he already mastered Hand-to-hand combat and weaponary, I giess he just need to learn the creed

loveboof
06-22-2009, 07:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by loveboof:
(obviously he comes from a long line of ancestral assassins but is that enough?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before Ezio becomes an assassin, there's no reason to suggest he should be any better in combat than some of the higher ranked guards http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kim_hill_546
06-24-2009, 08:09 AM
mayb at the start of the game you'l train up enzio but it'l take nearly a year in the game to do so.

like there will be different types of missions for certain things ie climbing, weaponary and so on for enzio to build up

RipYourSpineOut
06-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Like someone said above, the game could span a few years - especially seeing as Ezio isn't meant to be an assassin at first (i.e he might have to train up a bit).

But if it doesn't, I'd like to know what Ezio did before he started killing people cos there aren't that many window cleaners who can scale a building in a few seconds lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be a good way to put in a tutorial. A young Ezio learning(or being taught) how to use weapons, climbing, and parkour to avenge his family.