PDA

View Full Version : BI-1, ME-262 Improper presence of Left Yawing Tendencies

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 06:17 AM
Has anyone evr brought up the issue with how the BI-1 and ME-262 think they still have a props?? Adding throttle causes the aircraft to yaw left as if having assymetric disc loading, but this is wholly improper. The thrust should not effect yaw in any way, it should be quite linear and smooth. It makes it harder to shoot down bombers when rudder is needed.

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 06:17 AM
Has anyone evr brought up the issue with how the BI-1 and ME-262 think they still have a props?? Adding throttle causes the aircraft to yaw left as if having assymetric disc loading, but this is wholly improper. The thrust should not effect yaw in any way, it should be quite linear and smooth. It makes it harder to shoot down bombers when rudder is needed.

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 09:00 AM
In the beta patches, this has been fixed.

Then on the second day, it was made bug free, and He saw that it was good.

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 12:30 PM
the fans do still turn in a single direction on the 262, so they should still produce torgue (sp?)

<center>
---------------------------------------
"Atleast I'll go down in style!"
http://www.elleemmeshop.com/model1/aero/re4341.jpg
</center>

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 12:37 PM
If there was any torque or precession, it must have been negligable. I've never read a pilot remark about either effect in the Me-262 or any other jet plane.

Then on the second day, it was made bug free, and He saw that it was good.

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 02:30 PM
Red_Storm wrote:
- the fans do still turn in a single direction on the
- 262, so they should still produce torgue (sp?)

There's a bit of a difference between the props on a radial or in-line engine which are in direct contact with the air stream that is going past the airplane and the components of a jet engine which produce a solid stream of thrust out the back. No, there shouldn't be much in the way of torque at all...if one engine were to be producing more power than the other I'm sure you'd start to slide with the engines mounted as far apart as they are but its not going to be huge.

Not an engineer, just making some educated guesses based on what I know http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 02:56 PM
And the turbine blades have such small diameter compared to big massive props. Also, I don't think they spin up very fast.

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 04:54 PM
StG77_Fennec wrote:
- In the beta patches, this has been fixed.

Really? Cuz in v1.1 test08 the 262 still pulls to the right on taxi/takeoff. And I do have the thrust(s) equal.. at least that is what the guage says... and they both hit blue stage at the same time.. never noticed it much in the B1.. but dont fly it much either. I just hope they have the time to fix the AI so they can at least get both eng started.. and if not that, at least give up trying to take off once thing go 4x4 in the 262.. That and I would like to know how the AI can run around at 100% and not overheat the eng, while Im putting around at 90%... Ever notice that? The AI runs around in the 262 at 100% (well at least 95%+) You can see the black smoke trails... Or maybe you can just run them hot for a long long time... I usally dont, guess I should try it, just keep it at 95% as long as I see AI black smoke and see who's eng blows up fisrt! Wouldnt be the fist time the AI had an adv over the user! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

TAGERT
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If WAR was not the ANSWER.. Than what the H was your QUESTION?

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 10:28 PM
There are even more reasons, of the 4 left turning tendencies, yet another is fully eliminated, the jet stream does not contact any controls surfaces, so even if there was a propwash effect which it doesn't actually have, it has no rudder to hit against.
http://www.av8n.com/how/htm/yaw.html#sec-helical-propwash (http://www.av8n.com/how)

First of all, you need to see that we're dealing with a very small volume of air compared to a prop. (you need to look at the smallest compressor blade, and that is extremely small). A considerably large amount of torque is needed to turn propeller blades, and because the air has such an advantage in leverage (more than 3-4 feet!), even moderate amounts of drag at the outer tips cause considerable resistance, and this is what we call torque. So in a turbojet, there is relatively little ability for this flow to interfere with any surfaces around it.

In a jet engine there is little in the form of traction as the inlet diameter is quite small and the air only enters the outer diameter of the engine. Furthermore, there really is no radial movement in the compressors as there are stators, or vanes that are angled opposite to the direction of radial flow between each compressor blade (Notice, these vanes are not straight or parallel to free stream flow), negating any real unobstructed radial motion.

Finally, we can't really say that radial flow could be maintained even after combustion, combustion is a complicated process and often results in changes to fluid flow.

"See How it Flies" is the best site for learning aircraft effects the correct way, really interesting:

http://www.av8n.com/how

Message Edited on 07/23/0309:47PM by Flightvector