PDA

View Full Version : AC2 architecture question

Inorganic9_2
08-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Just a quick question about Florence: where is the Baptistery? :s It's a famous enough landmark and it did exist then, so why is it not in game?

reini03
08-31-2011, 10:39 AM
It's simply not there. They left it out, I don't know why.

jmk1999
08-31-2011, 12:24 PM
past interviews have suggested that while they wanted the cities to be as accurate as possible, given the gameplay, they had to omit certain landmarks to allow for fluidity in elements like free-running and climbing. you'll find there's other things not featured as well. it's a shame, but i'd much rather have a game that works well than a game that's 100% historically accurate and hard to get around in.

Calvarok
09-01-2011, 12:36 AM
Yep. The artists take creative liberties with how accurate the city is, and the designers have access to maps of player movement around cities that they use to decide what makes for an intuitive environment layout or not. I guess the Baptistry interfered with one of those criteria.
Remember that they made like, 5 cities in AC2. Might have just been that they didn't have time to make it work.

Inorganic9_2
09-01-2011, 10:12 AM
It's a pretty big landmark to miss out though...haha

Jjfd99
09-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
It's a pretty big landmark to miss out though...haha
It is but, they had to do what they had to do.

jmk1999
09-01-2011, 01:29 PM
who knows... due to its proximity to the duomo, perhaps there were some conflicts. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Jjfd99
09-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Maybe, that could've been the problem.

O6EvolutionIXMR
09-01-2011, 02:03 PM
LoL, I said the same thing when I was in Florence last year. I said to myself, "Hmm, looks like Ubisoft forgot about this place".

Oh well, can't blame 'em.

rain89c
09-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Funny how they went about going through such accuracy, but ironically the streets are so damn clean for such a time period. Venice looks like modern day city even though it was in the 14th century!

LightRey
09-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by rain89c:
Funny how they went about going through such accuracy, but ironically the streets are so damn clean for such a time period. Venice looks like modern day city even though it was in the 14th century!
Exactly what would you expect the streets to be littered with then? It's not that they had plastics. Also, I'm quite sure that in those times people were considered responsible for keeping the part of the street in front of their house clean.

blazefp
09-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rain89c:
Exactly what would you expect the streets to be littered with then? It's not that they had plastics. Also, I'm quite sure that in those times people were considered responsible for keeping the part of the street in front of their house clean. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm actually in that time most people use to throw their garbage (and with "garbage" I mean really everything they didn't need, including s***) to the streets. They had nowhere else to leave it.
However, most cities in Italy already had sewers, but I don't think people really cared about that

LightRey
09-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rain89c:
Exactly what would you expect the streets to be littered with then? It's not that they had plastics. Also, I'm quite sure that in those times people were considered responsible for keeping the part of the street in front of their house clean. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm actually in that time most people use to throw their garbage (and with "garbage" I mean really everything they didn't need, including s***) to the streets. They had nowhere else to leave it.
However, most cities in Italy already had sewers, but I don't think people really cared about that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think that was only during the middle ages. Since Italy was already about 100 years into the renaissance I think they were already quite capable of keeping their streets clean.

blazefp
09-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

However, most cities in Italy already had sewers, but I don't think people really cared about that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think that was only during the middle ages. Since Italy was already about 100 years into the renaissance I think they were already quite capable of keeping their streets clean. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh I can't tell ya. I don't have enough knowledge about that to argument x)
I have this weird thing that I never talk about something without being completely sure of what I'm saying.

LightRey
09-02-2011, 04:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

I think that was only during the middle ages. Since Italy was already about 100 years into the renaissance I think they were already quite capable of keeping their streets clean. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh I can't tell ya. I don't have enough knowledge about that to argument x)
I have this weird thing that I never talk about something without being completely sure of what I'm saying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't we all? xD

blazefp
09-03-2011, 04:57 AM
Hmm no :P some people just have to say something sometimes even without knowing anything of it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

LightRey
09-03-2011, 05:55 AM
Hmm no :P some people just have to say something sometimes even without knowing anything of it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
Ah yes, how could I forget about those http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif