PDA

View Full Version : Defo OT

Udidtoo
12-18-2003, 11:13 PM
We all do a lot of posting here and in tech about tweeking our rigs to squeeze those last few frames from our cards and I have pouted myself at times or danced a little jig when finally getting a steady 37 FPS in excellent settings.
Then I was given Halo today by my sis. Good god. That game ate my PC for lunch and didn't even burp. I'm talking no AA, no AF and turning off speculer lighting and shadows just to get a decent 25 FPS.
What the hey, I've been a FB junky so long now I almost forgot there are some other games being made.

I always have just enough fuel to arrive at the scene of my crash.

Udidtoo
12-18-2003, 11:13 PM
We all do a lot of posting here and in tech about tweeking our rigs to squeeze those last few frames from our cards and I have pouted myself at times or danced a little jig when finally getting a steady 37 FPS in excellent settings.
Then I was given Halo today by my sis. Good god. That game ate my PC for lunch and didn't even burp. I'm talking no AA, no AF and turning off speculer lighting and shadows just to get a decent 25 FPS.
What the hey, I've been a FB junky so long now I almost forgot there are some other games being made.

oFZo
12-19-2003, 05:58 AM
And your rig consists of?

-oFZo

Founding member and Offical Keeper of The Herbs of the Eurotrolls.

Udidtoo
12-19-2003, 08:53 AM
P4 2.5 mhz..1 gig DDR, 4600ti...I have, since posting read of systems several clicks above mine that aren't faring much better.

It must be a enticement to buy the next genaration gaming system when its available http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

essemm
12-19-2003, 09:02 AM
Hey...want some real fun. Try Lock On Modern Air Combat. With your box, you would probably get around 8 or 9 fps...

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/141103-warloch_small.jpg

Udidtoo
12-19-2003, 09:09 AM
Ok , you got me curious. What are you running Lock On with and whats your FPS.?

For that matter , whats your FPS in FB?

CARBONFREEZE
12-19-2003, 01:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Udidtoo:
P4 2.5 mhz..1 gig DDR, 4600ti...I have, since posting read of systems several clicks above mine that aren't faring much better.

It must be a enticement to buy the next genaration gaming system when its available http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I always have just enough fuel to arrive at the scene of my crash.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your using a Pentium, thats your problem.

Russian aircraft require skill to fly.
German aircraft require ten times that skill, and one hundred times the patience!

WUAF_CO_CRBNFRZ on HyperLobby