PDA

View Full Version : Focus on the essential issue

zugfuhrer
12-31-2004, 03:13 PM
Happy new year to you all.
I dont play FB much anymore, I prefear Aces High (AH). I have asked myself why, FB has much better looking it got better grafics, it has delicate details, the cockpits are wounderful almost everything looks wery wery good, but the most important issue is wrong to me. Its almost as if you are a straight man and you go to a cabaret and se a very good looking transvestite performing. It looks good but the most essential part is wrong.
It is the same with IL2, FB, AEP (I havnt bought PF) it looks good but the a detail is wrong, and the most essential part, the fligh model looks wrong to me.
I dont want go into details like historical facts like the fighter-wings kills per flight etc etc.

That is why I prefear AH. AH is not so good looking, but the vital issue is fair. The performing actress is a woman, if you remeber my metamorphose with the transvestite, I havnt seen any "uberplane" in AH2, a 20mm HE inflicts as much damage as another one does. Lets leave the rest to your imagination.
In may there will be 60 year since Nazi-germany fell.
Europe is free from the chains of the cold war, lets se if the we europeeans uses our freedom. Happy new year to you all.

zugfuhrer
12-31-2004, 03:13 PM
Happy new year to you all.
I dont play FB much anymore, I prefear Aces High (AH). I have asked myself why, FB has much better looking it got better grafics, it has delicate details, the cockpits are wounderful almost everything looks wery wery good, but the most important issue is wrong to me. Its almost as if you are a straight man and you go to a cabaret and se a very good looking transvestite performing. It looks good but the most essential part is wrong.
It is the same with IL2, FB, AEP (I havnt bought PF) it looks good but the a detail is wrong, and the most essential part, the fligh model looks wrong to me.
I dont want go into details like historical facts like the fighter-wings kills per flight etc etc.

That is why I prefear AH. AH is not so good looking, but the vital issue is fair. The performing actress is a woman, if you remeber my metamorphose with the transvestite, I havnt seen any "uberplane" in AH2, a 20mm HE inflicts as much damage as another one does. Lets leave the rest to your imagination.
In may there will be 60 year since Nazi-germany fell.
Europe is free from the chains of the cold war, lets se if the we europeeans uses our freedom. Happy new year to you all.

knightflyte
12-31-2004, 04:25 PM
okaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy

back away from the keyboard, and no one will get hurt.

Seriously....what the heck are you talking about?

Next thing you'll be singing Cabaret with nipple clamps and leather chaps.

tsisqua
12-31-2004, 04:33 PM
Yes, Aces High is fun, but I don't see how I could ever choose it over whatever this is called now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Besides, I won't pay a monthly fee to play a game. I'd much rather contribute to someone like Sparx for his server and all the hard work that goes into giving us a great place like WC to come play.

I don't even want to talk about AH fm's.

Happy New Year to you as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tsisqua

LStarosta
12-31-2004, 04:44 PM
Zug, I really don't know what the hell your beef is. Americans whine about their planes being porked. German fliers do the same about their crates. EVERYONE'S AIRPLANES ARE NOT ADEQUATE FOR THEM. Don't think you're some special hotshot because you think you're original with your whining. As to the 20mm issue, may I remind you that caliber isn't the only thing that determines ballistics? God, I'm getting really tired of this BS. If flying an arcade sim where everything is balanced is something you consider fun, then great, don't let me spoil your fun. I for one, find IL2 to be a very enjoyable experience, if not the most realistic. While I agree there are some discrepancies, this is the best sim I have flown to date, and I will continue to fly it until someone makes something better. The way it looks now, that won't be happening for a while.

And yes, I fly German planes on a regular basis. I find the MG151/20 to be an adequate weapon.

Cheers.

Prosit Neujahr.

FoolTrottel
12-31-2004, 04:46 PM
Happy new year to you too...

So, I'm left here with my own imagination...
figuring out what the 'essential part is'. What the 'vital issue' is...

Well..... let me express my Personal European Freedom.....

BYE!!!'
Have fun with yer Vital Issue, and, most importantly: Goodbye, and I hope, Farewell!

Please change yer habit of 'not playing FB much anymore' into not playing it at all!
Better make someone else happy with it!

(Drive yer train safely...)

zugfuhrer
01-01-2005, 07:11 AM
Sorry if my message was to fuzzy for you. I flew most planes in IL2/FB/AEP online and ofline and got much time to compare them. The conclusion is that most of the german planes suffer from programmed and calculated weaknesses and that it has gone prestige in this. What about the revisight in the FW190? The row of this can be very long, one example the Me 109 got a very fragile engine compared to a Lagg. One hit in the spinner of the Me and the screen is covered with oil, etc etc. The "whininglist" can be long.

The flightmodel for all planes; If you roll the a/c there is no increased yaw. You can loop to infinity without loosing hight. You can give full throttle from idle within a second on the airstrip and the yaw from the 1500hp engine is undermodelled etc etc.

This is what I think is the essential issue, a plane that behaves more correct in the air and no brand of a/c:s are favoured.

Is the lagging on online gaming still a problem?

I hope that UBI-soft will correct this because I want it all, nice graphics and as correct modelled aircrafts as possible. Try AH and compare the flightmodels.
I drop into this forum from time to time and hope for signs that make PF worth buying.

LStarosta
01-01-2005, 10:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zugfuhrer:
Sorry if my message was to fuzzy for you. I flew most planes in IL2/FB/AEP online and ofline and got much time to compare them. The conclusion is that most of the german planes suffer from programmed and calculated weaknesses and that it has gone prestige in this. What about the revisight in the FW190? The row of this can be very long, one example the Me 109 got a very fragile engine compared to a Lagg. One hit in the spinner of the Me and the screen is covered with oil, etc etc. The "whininglist" can be long.

The flightmodel for all planes; If you roll the a/c there is no increased yaw. You can loop to infinity without loosing hight. You can give full throttle from idle within a second on the airstrip and the yaw from the 1500hp engine is undermodelled etc etc.

This is what I think is the essential issue, a plane that behaves more correct in the air and no brand of a/c:s are favoured.

Is the lagging on online gaming still a problem?

I hope that UBI-soft will correct this because I want it all, nice graphics and as correct modelled aircrafts as possible. Try AH and compare the flightmodels.
I drop into this forum from time to time and hope for signs that make PF worth buying. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, many of your rants are invalid. Things like not losing altitude when applying full ailerons in a roll is complete BS.

Furthermore, Ubisoft doesn't do anything with modifying the game. Why don't you email Oleg with all your whines. Before you criticize Oleg for not making fixes in the FM, you might like to purchase PF and actually try the patches that Oleg has been releasing. Might help make your ranting a little more... how do I say this without being "fuzzy"... objective.

We are not ******ed individuals here so you don't have to apologize for being "fuzzy" as we can understand your whining quite clearly. For the last time, everyone thinks their favorite plane is porked, so please can it. You're not original. If you think that Oleg "porking" all German planes is a result of some political bitterness, the maybe this forum isn't for you. We, as a community, try not to pride ourselves on our political paranoia.

Stiglr
01-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Say what you want about Oleg's FM (and I usually say a LOT myself), but there's no WAY you'll ever convince me that Aces High has a superior one.

My last day on Aces High was when I emailed the dev team about German dials, and asked why they weren't metric. My answer was that, because your rank and file AH pilot was American, and they didn't like or care about metric anything, they wouldn't change the dials.

That arrogance, that ignorance, that complete disregard for real world accuracy.... not to mention that lack of will to get even the basics right... that did it for me. I cancelled my account and never looked back.

So, complain if you will about this FM, and I'll likely join you, but don't dangle Aces High as any kind of "alternative". They have their own bias and bullheaded 'design problems'.

joeap
01-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Well that settles it for me...the guy talks about "real FM" and balanced planes in the same breath. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif
Whatever, and Stiglr's comment about the design team adding imperial dials to GERMAN planes. That's the top. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif Unbelievable, "realism." http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif