PDA

View Full Version : Dye should reduce notoriety

Jack-Reacher
12-14-2009, 08:17 PM
I remember in GTA SA if you bought new clothes your wanted level would go down. I know Notoriety is easy enough as it is, but what if posters were something like 5%, heralds and officials a bit lower and dye would also be added in as well? This way it would have an actual use as well as aesthetic use

IanXO4
12-14-2009, 08:28 PM
nice idea!

newtype78
12-14-2009, 08:43 PM
yea i like this, i don't really dye the clothes right now, but if it actually had some sort of effect then it would be cool

Teeem3000
12-14-2009, 09:57 PM
I was thinking the same thing while I played the game. Dye should be 100%. The rest could even be left the same. It's more difficult to get to a dye shop then tear down posters, usually costs more than a herald(500 florins?), and it's pretty easy to kill an official for 75%. It would be an great incentive to try different dyes, rather than run past the dye shops.

I think that Ubisoft still owes us 4 Roma dyes and 4 Roma Countryside dyes too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Fenro
12-15-2009, 01:54 AM
Yes indeed... lets have a dye shop you can run into and they will dye your outfit extrafast to change your cars.... errr clothes color and reduce your wanted.... er notoriety level... i think its not that good of an idea..

You want challenge, dont lower your notoriety at all.

making the notoriety harder or more time consuming to lower, would just make the game extremely repetitive for the casual gamers that want to keep their notoriety low to make it easyer to play.

Jack-Reacher
12-15-2009, 02:59 AM
I didnt say i wanted a challenge, i just thought it would be cool if the dye had another use. Maybe keep all the other methods the same and simply add the dye in so its still easy to get rid of for those players who dont like being notorious, and those who find it to easy can do what you said and not use it at all

Fenro
12-15-2009, 04:53 AM
Then theres another thing, the wanted posters arent colored... its the appearance of your clothings that make you "vissible" and "known" not the collors, also as you hear the heralds never give details on your looks they just make people more aware of an individual that likes to "kill" for his own fun, yet again no information on your colors.

The reason there is no need for such things is that ezios armor is very different than anything the pedestrians are wearing. normaly the guards would just pass him as somekind of extravagant artist/tailor but when there are heralds/posters portraying the features and external looks of ezio he is more easily recognised.

Jack-Reacher
12-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah, but they COULD have made it so that the heralds say what colour his clothes are, and the officials that are witnesses also say that as well. It wouldnt reduce 100% as like you said they are familiar with the armour

FatRascal
12-15-2009, 01:49 PM
I agree that the colour of Ezio's clothes should have an effect, but as said above, the notoriety mechanism is fine as it is - if anything maybe a bit TOO easy to reduce it.

BUT - you know how all (most?) of the dye colours refer to the place you buy them "Venetian.." , "Tuscan..." , "Florentine..." ? Well, if you are wearing a colour associated with a different Italian region, you should occasionally get "set upon" by gangs of thugs in other towns, so that you could either choose to take your chances and fight, or dress according to the place you're in.

How about that?

Sep.

Jack-Reacher
12-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah that also sounds like a good idea, there could be loyal mercs that wont fight for you if you wear another towns colour, and there could be mercs that will just fight for money no matter what. Gangs also COULD be included, just ideas though

h9876543211910
12-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Teeem3000:
I think that Ubisoft still owes us 4 Roma dyes and 4 Roma Countryside dyes too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Shouldn't we just get Roma, like explore the vatican and stuff?

guipit
12-16-2009, 11:01 AM
don't dyes already lower notoriety

XyphoidProcess
12-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Lowering notoriety is already easy enough, this is unnecessary.

Jack-Reacher
12-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Yeah thats why i said the other original stuff should make your notoriety not as low, like posters 10% instead of 25%. Just an idea

XyphoidProcess
12-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:
Yeah thats why i said the other original stuff should make your notoriety not as low, like posters 10% instead of 25%. Just an idea
Yeah, I guess.