PDA

View Full Version : my opion about the game and a few questions

JarHead_071
03-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Hello first of all let me say i am not here to bash the game, I just have a few quesations but first ill tell you a little about what games I play,First of all I have never owned a submarine game before. I have always looked at them but none of them really looked any good from looking at the screenshots and videos but then I saw this and I thought the screenshots and previews looked really good and it did not seem to complicated to play eaither so I thought I would give this a shot and I have to say I am really impressed with the grachpics, espically the water and damage effects its really cool to see a big hole in the ships hull after a well placed hit, over all I would have to give it a 8 out of a 10 would of gave it a 9 out of 10 but the only thing is the training missions do not really help out all that munch and there is not very many (espcially on fireing a torpedo manuely) I mean the only thing that tells you what to do is in the brefing on some other games somebody would talk you through on eatch step and mybe put a flashing light over what button you are supposed to push next but thats about the only thing I doin't like about it so overall I am very pleased with game but here are my questions

1.How do you use the sonar proply like I said I have never played a submarine game so I doin't know what i am supposed to hear, I can hear depth charges being droped but thats about the only thing I can make out Also When I stop my engines I still hear somthing I am not sure if it is just water are mybe another nearby ships propeller spinning but I look around me and I doin't see another ship in sight and does somebody have a layout of it with lables over the switches and markings are mybe if iam really luck somebody knows a good video about using the sonar in SH4.

2when I go look at the radar all I see is a blue screen for both of them iam supposed to look throught it if so how? and the switch that says turn radar on/off does not do anything I click on it but nothing happens

Like I said over all I am very impressed with the game and I have not noticed any buggs are problems with the game and any other pointers are suggestions would be great

thaThankyou for reading this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Gilboooo
03-20-2007, 10:28 PM
> 1.How do you use the sonar proply like I said I have
> never played a submarine game so I doin't know
> what i am supposed to hear

I am waiting for sh4 to get (limited edition) so i can only
tell about the way it works in sh3. it is very, very easy.
you have mikes in the water. and you look around using
some kind of wheel direction finder and it's intuitive.
when the wheel shows noise from the right side of boat,
there is something there.

you have the background water noise. and you hear
the properllers (sounds more like the engine noise).
not hard at all don't worry.

you check noises around and you make a picture in
your mind of what's around you. like checking for
a noise in real life to find where's it's located.

> I still hear somthing I am not sure if it is just water
> are mybe another nearby ships propeller spinning but > I look around me and I doin't see another ship in sight

dont forget that the sound you hear can come from
a ship but which is so far you don't see it yet. you can
hear them from a much larger range than you can
see them.

find where the noise is coming from. then, point your
noise of ship where it should be. run for 5-10 min at full
speed in that direction, then dive and check again the
sound. repeat until you get close enough to your target
to find it.

you are hunting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

for the radar thingie, i will try to answer when i get
the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

JarHead_071
03-21-2007, 08:52 AM
so do you have to be submerged to hear them? are can you be surfaced to? I assume it can be heard from below are above but just want to make sure

Shr3dZ
03-21-2007, 08:58 AM
makes sense that you cant use sonar when yer surfaced, and cant use radar when yer submerged.

it will prolly help to turn off yer own engine when using sonar, just a guess.