PDA

View Full Version : X45/Sturmovik compatibility?

MooSey1973
03-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Hey guys, been playing the original IL2 Sturmovik for a few months and enjoyed immensly. I decided my rubbish 2 axis joystick was holding me back and now have a Saitek X45. Well it looks the buisness but does'nt work with Sturmovik. If go menu/hardware/inputs and attempt to calibrate, I get no axis input. Also the force feedback option is not appearing implying that the X45 is'nt being recognized. If I try a quick trial flight, I get no response and stoof in! I checked the stick is working in the XP control panel - games controllers setup, It is and all axis work. Is Sturmovik too old to recognize this stick? What can I do to get my stick working and carry on strafing the Hun! Any help gratefully accepted.

MooSe

MooSey1973
03-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Hey guys, been playing the original IL2 Sturmovik for a few months and enjoyed immensly. I decided my rubbish 2 axis joystick was holding me back and now have a Saitek X45. Well it looks the buisness but does'nt work with Sturmovik. If go menu/hardware/inputs and attempt to calibrate, I get no axis input. Also the force feedback option is not appearing implying that the X45 is'nt being recognized. If I try a quick trial flight, I get no response and stoof in! I checked the stick is working in the XP control panel - games controllers setup, It is and all axis work. Is Sturmovik too old to recognize this stick? What can I do to get my stick working and carry on strafing the Hun! Any help gratefully accepted.

MooSe

MooSey1973
03-05-2005, 03:09 PM
:Ive just disconected a Nostromo N52 speedpad. When I delved into the .EXE file this was the default controller. All working now.
p.s. I have'nt ever seen stated if the X45 is forcefeedback or not, I certainly cant feel it. Is it is'nt it?
P.P.s.If anyone has a knows a good profile could they point me in the direction. Thx.

MooSe

FluffyDucks
03-05-2005, 04:30 PM
The X45 is NOT force feed back....for a profile either click on Tully's links or go to the Saitek UK site.

http://www.saitekforum.com/index.php?s=7f235e5dd70f68d09d93af4aa9f86928&

Doc_Hollydayz
03-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Or try Adlabs X45 profile. I use it all the time - saves doing it yourself and its very logical and comes with a guide you could print off :- http://www.geocities.com/adlabs6/B/#X45

Akronnick
03-05-2005, 06:26 PM
No need to remove your n52. If you want to change use them together, plug them both in, go to controls and assign your axes as you like them. If you want to modify the response curve on any controller other that the first one, you can do it by manually editing the conf.ini file.

Tully__
03-05-2005, 06:28 PM
My profile and an article on joysticks that describes how to cope with two controllers in these game (among other things) are both linked under my sig picture.

MooSey1973
03-06-2005, 06:46 AM
Thanks fella's. All good stuff. Its all out there, just a matter of finding it!