PDA

View Full Version : Just stumbled across the Family Crypt.

scarecrowone
04-03-2010, 05:11 PM
When you buy maps they show you the locations of all the treasure chests and there has been one driving me nuts that showed it was near the front door of the Villa Auditore. I went to the top of the villa and found nothing and went to the bottom (1st floor) and found nothing. It never changed color either (you know when your on the same level as something it goes black instead of gray). This has been driving me mad trying to find this thing (with over 850,000F in the bank I didn't really need it but it's the principle of it). After nosing around I stumbled upon the family crypt. as you look toward the villa from the main entrance of Monteriggioni it is on ground level (before you go up the stairs to the training area)in the left corner. There is a set of big doors there BUT you cannot get in until after sequence 5 and you have to pay (I think it was) 40 UPLAY points to get in. Interesting family history panels to read and fun timed "traps" to get through (know your jumps). I think there was a total of 5 treasure chests down there. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it because I didn't know it was there and hadn't seen any mention of it on the Forum.

scarecrowone
04-03-2010, 05:11 PM
When you buy maps they show you the locations of all the treasure chests and there has been one driving me nuts that showed it was near the front door of the Villa Auditore. I went to the top of the villa and found nothing and went to the bottom (1st floor) and found nothing. It never changed color either (you know when your on the same level as something it goes black instead of gray). This has been driving me mad trying to find this thing (with over 850,000F in the bank I didn't really need it but it's the principle of it). After nosing around I stumbled upon the family crypt. as you look toward the villa from the main entrance of Monteriggioni it is on ground level (before you go up the stairs to the training area)in the left corner. There is a set of big doors there BUT you cannot get in until after sequence 5 and you have to pay (I think it was) 40 UPLAY points to get in. Interesting family history panels to read and fun timed "traps" to get through (know your jumps). I think there was a total of 5 treasure chests down there. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it because I didn't know it was there and hadn't seen any mention of it on the Forum.

rjcooper
04-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Actually if you are talking about the ones that appear to be in the main villa itself, there is a chamber outside the city directly behind the villa in a cave, and another area in the well on the East side of the villa. The treasure maps don't mark any treasures that are in other tombs since they are essentially another "instance".

scarecrowone
04-04-2010, 01:14 AM
I already have the one out of the cave behind the ouside wall of the Villa. I will go and check out the well though. I don't remember getting the one out of there (if it's not on the map anyway). The icon still shows on my map by the front door and I know of one in the Crypt I didn't get to but I can't get back in to get it.

TheRealDABhand
04-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Yep the Well has two, and when upgraded the Mine has 2 also http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

scarecrowone
04-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Found the Well and I see the two chests on the other side but did I mention the keyboard controls are THE worst in the business. I get up to the wooden beam and over and down to the pole you swing on to get the the ledge. Then I jump across to a pillar with a ledge that Ezio catches, but after that he jumps every direction but the one I need him to. And, of coarse, you cannot pan at all to get a better picture of what's going on. The stupid jumps are killing me on my health levels. I think I'll just die in the Well and be done with the misery. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

TheRealDABhand
04-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Right Mouse+Space without any movement controls makes Ezio jump straight behind him.

Right+Space+Movement - makes him jump that way. If jumping off a wall, you have to change the direction twice it takes a few tries to get used to that.

IIRC, the well has no real difficult jumps, just a lot of back and forth from one end of the room to the other.

scarecrowone
04-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks. Back I go.

scarecrowone
04-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Did it and I'm out of the well. I thought I had tried every move but aparrently not. Thanks for the help.