PDA

View Full Version : Do You Need Two PCs to Host a Server at Hyperlobby?

ytareh
01-22-2007, 05:54 AM
Im really getting into online lately and would like to 'host a server' (not even sure if thats the correct term for setting up my own 'mission' for others to join online.)
Do I need a separate pc to do this?

...as this suggests...quoted from dedicated server setup guide in FAQ

'Start server by itself and make sure that map loads normally and everything is ok - no errors. Go to your gaming machine and start AEP.'

Is it difficult?Ive had trouble with the whole 'port forwarding' thing to even allow myself to play online in some games .
It would be great to get a few games going where the late war UberPlanes didnt rule the roost.There was a great one set in the Balkans/Greece theatre not so long ago with Fiats/Mk1 Hurris etc-awesome!
Thanks

ytareh
01-22-2007, 05:54 AM
Im really getting into online lately and would like to 'host a server' (not even sure if thats the correct term for setting up my own 'mission' for others to join online.)
Do I need a separate pc to do this?

...as this suggests...quoted from dedicated server setup guide in FAQ

'Start server by itself and make sure that map loads normally and everything is ok - no errors. Go to your gaming machine and start AEP.'

Is it difficult?Ive had trouble with the whole 'port forwarding' thing to even allow myself to play online in some games .
It would be great to get a few games going where the late war UberPlanes didnt rule the roost.There was a great one set in the Balkans/Greece theatre not so long ago with Fiats/Mk1 Hurris etc-awesome!
Thanks

Bearcat99
01-22-2007, 10:29 AM
You only need a separate PC to host a dedicated server - one that will be running all the time, whether you are fling or not. If you just want to run missions that others can join you can do that from your gaming rig.

ytareh
01-22-2007, 12:48 PM
OK thanks for that BC99 now could anybody tell me if theres a guide to setting up your own server Im really keen to get one up and running!

SlickStick
01-22-2007, 12:57 PM
This one hasn't been updated for a bit, but just get the latest dedicated server that matches your current game version and this should get you started.

Dedicated Server Guide (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=692106434)