PDA

View Full Version : So you require help with den defense...?

S-EVANS
11-21-2011, 02:34 PM
HINTS & TIPS:

- Make sure you loot bodys for extra morale
- Leaders help generate more Morale
- Check your waves before you start to plan
- Use Your weapon often
- Pratice with the 2 different cannon options
- Watch stalkers sneaking around your rooftops
- hover cursor over more important targets
- Maintain the highest amount of troops you can

<span class="ev_code_RED">Video Tutorial One...</span> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZGWE7TYF4w)

Notice how he upgrades the barricades as they take damage rather than striaght of the bat. and the fact he doesnt waste morale on barricades which arent required, etc.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Advanced Barricades...</span> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdxmc1au6JY)

As you win more and more den defense mini games you unlock further weapons and the enemys get a little different too. You can also see how the enemy sneaks around your rooftops straight into your den, Watch the cannon barricades in action.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Usage of Cannon Fire...</span> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CynGehvbNVU&feature=related)

heres a video of a walkthrough of den defense put i posted it as it shows you how the cannon fires all 3rounds at once (8:30 timeframe) when the button is held for a short period of time.

If anyone else know of any videos or other material to help folks master den defense please feel free to get involved.

-------------------------

This will help people who are really struggling to win thier 1st proper den defense and hopefully make it more enjoyable...

for the first round place two leaders, near the base (where the barricade already exsists) and then place two crossbow men on opposite sides of the street (1man on each side) close to the barricade.

use a single cannon shot on the 1st wave when its half way down the street shoot any that try running, then loot all the dead bodies.

When the first wave is over, upgrade the barricade and place a crossbow man on the barricade wall itself, and spend all your remaining morale on as many riflemen as you can afford on oppposite sides of the street again.

During the second wave repeat this process, until you have won it then max out your riflemen again (if needed buy a third rooftop) but the majority of your morale should be spent on riflemen, try the start spreading them out to create a wall of riflemen on each side of the street near the barricade.

on the third wave dont use any cannon shots and increase the amount of riflemen (if needed to start filling up another rooftop) but only if theres no space at all. make sure at the end of the 3rd round you have placed another barricade at the end of your riflemen wall

So the street looks like this...

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/street.JPG

when the ram hits the X mark hold your cannon fire button for a few seconds until the reticle expands and then fire all three cannon shots at once. if your riflemen doesnt do the job you will get another single cannon shot at the second barricade. as long as both barricades are max upgraded.

replace and increase riflemen whilst the ram is moving and fire at the enemy footsoldiers with ezios gun, you can do this throughtout each round too.

if you have any questions please ask...

ProdiGurl
11-25-2011, 06:24 AM
Ya I need serious help figuring this out.
All my dens have been locked for awhile now, but I'll be replaying ACR alot.

I think people might enjoy it more if it was more understandable - it does help to know how to do something.

tjbyrum1
11-25-2011, 06:47 AM
I like Den Defense, as opposed to most other fans.

On one particular map, you're able to put a Greek Fire barricade at the very very front of the path. As soon as enemies spawn, they meet the Greek Fire immediately. No one was able to get past it, absolutely no one. The Siege Ram or whatever the boss was, was not able to get by it either.

Others:

--Always get all 4 Assassin Leaders on the rooftops to get as much Morale as possible.
--When waves come through, you can use your Hidden Gun to take out some soldiers as well; but the priority is:
----Always shoot the ranged units first, as they can shoot your Assassins and kill them, unlike the melee units.
----If there are no ranged units, shoot the artillery units (they throw bombs) because they will shred through your barricades/
----If their are only melee units shoot them obviously.

I have a question:
--Would it be wise to replace my Crossbowmen with the musleteer-type of Assassins, and not even use my Crossbowmen?

LordWolv
11-29-2011, 11:10 AM
STOP. DOUBLE. POSTING.
When will it sink into your tiny head?
How many TIMES do I have to tell you?
Is it LITERALLY impossible for you to comprehend the word 'No'.

S-EVANS
11-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
STOP. DOUBLE. POSTING.
When will it sink into your tiny head?
How many TIMES do I have to tell you?
Is it LITERALLY impossible for you to comprehend the word 'No'.

Problem Solved, forgive me for asking as i dont see any moderator status under your name (not that i wish to say your pretending to be one) what is your current rank user or moderator...?

Again simply for future reference !!!

LordWolv
11-29-2011, 11:19 AM
I am a user, but I'm still allowed to remind people of the rules.. but, I have seen you double post a lot more than once.. and I'm sure people like LightRey have told you before. Please, just remember.

eagleforlife1
11-29-2011, 11:19 AM
I must admit I am absolutely atrocious at Den Defence. I have only completed two Den Defences outside of the tutorial version. I always recruit four leaders, don't save any morale and shoot everything I have the time to but I still find it so difficult. I had no idea that you could fire the three cannon shots all in one go though, maybe that will help. I have never noticed a stalker either (although I don't spend much time looking at the rooves).

S-EVANS
11-29-2011, 11:23 AM
I am a user, but I'm still allowed to remind people of the rules.. but, I have seen you double post a lot more than once.. and I'm sure people like LightRey have told you before. Please, just remember.

I would never lower myself to respond in the same manner you have, but feel free to contact a moderator, its your right as a user otherwise please dont insult or directly threaten me

thankyou

eagleforlife1
11-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by S-EVANS:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am a user, but I'm still allowed to remind people of the rules.. but, I have seen you double post a lot more than once.. and I'm sure people like LightRey have told you before. Please, just remember.

I would never lower myself to respond in the same manner you have, but feel free to contact a moderator, its your right as a user otherwise please dont insult or directly threaten me

thankyou </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

PhiIs1618033
11-29-2011, 11:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am a user, but I'm still allowed to remind people of the rules.. but, I have seen you double post a lot more than once.. and I'm sure people like LightRey have told you before. Please, just remember.

You have to be me. Just because a peer points out the rules to you, does not mean you should disregard them. Double posting is unnecessary and annoying.

IT'S CALLED THE EDIT BUTTON, . IT'S RIGHT THERE, IN THE LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF YOUR POST. IT'S THERE FOR A REASON. USE IT.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language Please</span>

eagleforlife1
11-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S-EVANS:

You have to be me. Just because a peer points out the rules to you, does not mean you should disregard them. Double posting is unnecessary and annoying.

IT'S CALLED THE EDIT BUTTON, . IT'S RIGHT THERE, IN THE LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF YOUR POST. IT'S THERE FOR A REASON. USE IT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the way his "peer" said it. He told him that he has a tiny brain and doesn't understand the word no. Whilst using block capitals (which insinuates shouting).

S-EVANS
11-29-2011, 12:08 PM
i designed the thread to be helpful please dont destroy that... the double postings in this thread have a date stamp im not spamming im just adding to the thread as more data/information comes my direction that i consider may be helpful

EDIT - i have adjusted my posts in the thread to a single post, hope this meets everyones expectations

jmk1999
11-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Don't make me turn this thread around and go home. Shape up and stop the rude comments! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

ProdiGurl
11-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Practically everything I TRY to do is just a chronic red box that doesn't let me do anything.
I'm so busy trying to get crap to work that it's an impossible joke = one I'm not laughing about

S-EVANS
11-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Practically everything I TRY to do is just a chronic red box that doesn't let me do anything.
I'm so busy trying to get crap to work that it's an impossible joke = one I'm not laughing about

OK leave all your contested dens alone (deal with them one at a time) now before you head to your first contested den, reduce your notority to the lowest you can get it at...

You are meant to lose it all once you win and light the signal flare at the top of the tower. But just reduce it first since your having major troubles.

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/play.bmp

See my first post for how many troops to place at the start because the first few rounds are easy. Now your goal is to create a wall of fire along your rooftops.

think of range your men can, lets say only fire so far...

so in the picture the green box you want to create that along the entire street if possible creating max firepower.

you do this by placing leaders who create morale indicated in the red square and you get extra morale by collecting it from dead bodies (looting) purple square

when you press RB you get the wheel and each item selected cost you x-amount of morale use it all, but learn to control it depending on what is required in each defense.

the blue square displays which type of unit you are about to place if its not the one you require press RB to change it...

dont forget to upgrade your barricades to help slow the siege cart down for a longer period of time, the longer it takes that siege cart to move along the street the more chance your soldiers have of killing it.

If you can create the look of the green box all the way along both sides of the street with 3 barricades (fully upgraded) then your in great shape...

use a single cannon shot on everywave, expect the 3rd as you need it to be fully recharged for the siege cart, this picture shows a barricade at the front of the street, use the 3cannon shot here,. and by the time siege cart makes it to the free barricade near the den itself you will get a single shot recharged...

no matter what you do win or lose after each den defense ensure your notority bar is as low as you can get it, and keep it that way upgrade a shop, bride herald, etc, etc..

im not sure what you mean by "chronic red box" but im guessing your morale has reached zero of lower than the unit your trying to purchase

ProdiGurl
11-30-2011, 05:03 PM
So I can't place people depending on morale score? That might explain alot . . 8{
It's obvious to me that the one DD I did win in my first gameplay was pure luck.

K, I'll go thru this and try it. Right before I lose I just go to menu & click restart memory & do it yet again.
That's why I'm so crabby right now lol

This information needs to be included in the game so people know what the heck to do - it really isn't explained well at all & the directions they flash during the fight I keep missing bcuz I'm so frantic trying to place people or push buttons to even reinforce my barricade . . I got that to work one time only.
The rest I just push "a" while over the barricade (on xbox) & as usual, nothing happens.

This is just .................

. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Off I go to try this
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

S-EVANS
11-30-2011, 05:06 PM
So I can't place people depending on morale score?

Thats correct !!!

everything you upgrade or place reduces that figure and any kills or loots you do increases it, the trick is to spend it wisley and as your playing at the same time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Above all else if you dont want to keep playing den defense keep your notority very low at all times.if it goes up bride a herald, if your renovate a shop, bribe a herald...

ProdiGurl
11-30-2011, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So I can't place people depending on morale score?

Thats correct !!!

everything you upgrade or place reduces that figure and any kills or loots you do increases it, the trick is to spend it wisley and as your playing at the same time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Above all else if you dont want to keep playing den defense keep your notority very low at all times.if it goes up bride a herald, if your renovate a shop, bribe a herald... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya I knew this about the awareness, but here's what kept happening, when I lost DD, I had to retake the den over - after I re-torch the tower & jump, I go back up to high awareness -

There's only one official that shows up to take out, I then bribe a herald, and by then, the 2nd den is contested already before I can get it lowered enough.

That sets off the OTHER den I have - and repeat the cycle. I lose DD, torch, jump and high awareness - can't lower it in time for the next contested den lol

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

ProdiGurl
11-30-2011, 05:15 PM
By the way, what is 'auto assign' before the defense starts? It lets you go into your fighers and 'edit', one can be auto assigned yet it seems to do nothing as far as I can tell.

This is just SAD lol

IF I ever figure this out, I might like this - I love the concept of it, but this is
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

S-EVANS
11-30-2011, 05:15 PM
yep thats why i hated den defense and made the thread...

if you do lose one and have to retake it, then do it slowly and try to avoid detection because your in a red zone. and dont panic about other dens if you have to run away from the area reduce your notority then come back and retake the den... then do just that.

your trying to control the problem too fast because your frustrated and annoyed, just step back and sort yourself out then retry

what is 'auto assign' before the defense starts?

not sure will get back to you on this...

ProdiGurl
12-01-2011, 06:39 AM
K, with that help I did win my DD this morning (I had to sign off last night & couldn't get to doing the DD).
Then it happened yet again and I lost that one -
worse, it was w/ the COWARD Captain & he took off before I could air assassinate him.
So now I'm biding my time till he comes back later.

I am SO aggrivated, it's beyond explanation. Ya I'll say it 200 times, I like the DD concept, I HATE the system/delivery it's done with.

I'm actually glad this is happening to me so I can see now what other people had been experiencing w/ it.
For some strange reason, I was able to get my awareness down really quickly before - that's not happening in this run and I'm getting contested almost immediately after the awareness shoots up.

SwiftAura2011
12-01-2011, 08:43 AM
It is possible to avoid ALL Den Defense missions, which has been mentioned in another discussion thread.

If possible, keep your awareness down and begin training your 7 assassins to Master Assassins. Once you have all 7 at Master level, ALL your Dens become permanently locked and Den Defense won't ever happen again. Also, once locked, the challenge for the Assassin Guild of "successfully complete 3 Den Defense" will auto-complete for you.

ProdiGurl
12-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by SwiftAura2011:
It is possible to avoid ALL Den Defense missions, which has been mentioned in another discussion thread.

If possible, keep your awareness down and begin training your 7 assassins to Master Assassins. Once you have all 7 at Master level, ALL your Dens become permanently locked and Den Defense won't ever happen again. Also, once locked, the challenge for the Assassin Guild of "successfully complete 3 Den Defense" will auto-complete for you.

Ya, that strategy worked great for me in the first play - not the 2nd for some reason.
?
I just suck at den defense tho. If I could win it regularly, I wouldn't mind doing defense more. Once you lose and have to retake the tower, your awareness shoots back up and it's very easy to have another successive den contest if you don't get the official signal quickly [both of them], or get a herald after you kill one of them. Either combo will bring the awareness back down.
You can't always get it in time.

S-EVANS
12-01-2011, 10:03 AM
As you win more often you unlock different units, now you know how to cope a little better remember that if you place a leader on everyroof, even if you dont place any men on them. each leader will generate 2morale points for every 10seconds they are alive (2x4=8points every 10secs) plus any kills and bodies looted...

also dont forget as you go through each level you can sell old men like crossbow men and change them to riflemen, etc. if your really fast, but this is hard to do. as a barricade is about to be destoyed you can sell it, and replace a new one in exact the same place, but that is hard to pull off

give it time, just stay relaxed and focused http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ProdiGurl
12-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Believe me, I tried to position the Greek fire dudes - never even got to place them lol.
It's just something that takes alot of practice [for me] -
but the key to not losing as quickly has been learning that you need higher morale to place them.

I'll eventually get this, it's just a kick in the pants until I master it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

TrueStoic
12-02-2011, 09:28 AM
do i have to start a new savefile, just to play a chalanging den defense?

Have all of my 7 den masters at 15lv, (was doing my 1st playthrough, being perfctionist i made my sync 100% and bought and ugraded everything i can)

But then i thought the "den concept" wa any diferent than the borgia towers, which once done are basiscly..gone :/ , here i tought geting a lv15 assassin would be great! yeah, if i could play den defense again T.T

S-EVANS
12-02-2011, 01:35 PM
If all you dens have master assissans assigned to them i think the only way to play den defense beyond the tutorial is to start a fresh game im afraid i cant find a way of unlocking them again...

blazinfury717
12-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Is there any way you can create a enemy unit v. assassin chart, like a chart showing the advantages and disadvantages against certain units?

S-EVANS
12-03-2011, 03:12 AM
Den Defense Chart...

Since i havent used every unit type im getting some information from the internet, and as such im relying on as far as im concerned "unconfirmed" information, also in certain case the chart is wrong. for example crossbowmen can attack scouts from rooftops, but if the crossbowmen is placed behind the barricade, then they become weaker due the the scouts ability to climb over barricades and kill your recruits behind them. But its the best help i can offer at the moment.

I will try and come up with a better way of making the chart when ive finished explaining the units...

<span class="ev_code_BLACK">Assassins Order</span>
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Templar Order</span>
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Most Affective Against</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">Wont have any affect against or weak against</span>

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/denchart.bmp

Assassin Units...

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/leader.bmp Leaders, these units generate 2extra morale points every 10secs you want as many as you can get as early as you can afford to place them.

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/crossbowman.bmp Crossbowmen, Cheapest unit at your disposal, place them early in the defense whilst your low on morale. replace them as you advance. Very effective against militia

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/riflemen.bmp Riflemen, best all round unit, whilst having a slow rate of fire they are also affective against enemy siege carts, in great numbers and are fairly cheap.

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/bomber.bmp Splinter Bomber, High in morale cost but act like a cannon shot capable of wiping out several enemy soldiers, but also can inflict damage on siege engines.

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/caltrop.bmp Caltrop Bomber, Main usage is to slow down the enemy creating a trap which if backed up with splinter bombers become more effective.

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/Bruiser.bmp Brusier, these units have a defensive bonus against enemy damage making them a great unit to place on your barricades, but siege carts will flatten them instanlty, remember to sell them for extra morale points

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/air.bmp Air Assassins, these have no effect on siege carts but have the ability to kill two enemy soldiers in a single strike.

Ezios handgun is effectivly good against all targets, lower on siege carts of course, but since he can target anything use it as often as possible it can save you morale points. Make sure you target enemy who are on the run for extra looting of the bodies, and your recruits will target whatever ezio does as a prioty target. his main usage is against units which can scale barricades and even more important against enemy stalkers...

Assassins Barricades...

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/Barricade.bmp Barricade, standard stuff better than nothing apart from the most weakest of enemy its pretty much useless. But its the cheapest option when low on morale points

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/greek.bmp Greek Barricade, holds up better against large waves of foot soilders but is only slightly better against its rival siege cart however the standard barricade wont stop a greek fire cart.

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/gun.bmp Multi-Barrel Barricade, mostly a defense against siege carts, since its not very capable of targeting big waves of soldiers.

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/cannon1.bmp Cannon Barricade, capable of wiping out most waves from a distance not only is it the best line of defense. but acts like a free cannon shot almost capable of wiping out a greek fire siege cart in one shot. give it time to fire and dont place to close to the end of the street.

Templar Units...

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/militia.bmp Militia are the weakest enemy unit in den defense even crossbowmen can take these units down without any trouble.

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/almogavar.bmp Almogavar units are no match for the ranged firepower of riflemen. both almogavar and miltia cause minimum damage to your barricades.

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/Scout.bmp the scout and the infiltrator are pretty much the same type of units, both have the ability to climb over your barricades but cannot destroy them. the main differences between these two sneaky units is the scout kills targets placed behind barricades, whilst the infiltrator continues onwards to your den itself, both are a prioty for ezio's gun

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/riflemen.bmp Templar riflemen are a ranged unit so they maintain a distance from your barricades, and mostly target your rooftop recruits, use a cannon shot for bigger waves of this unit or place air assassins at the forward end of the street.

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/bomber.bmp Bombermen will cause huge damage to your barricade defenses, target them with cannon fire or ezios gun treat these like siege carts.

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/stalker.bmp Stalkers have the ability to get onto the rooftops and once they are there, can wipe out your assassins or head straight for your den itself. make ezio target them immediatly.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Still working on it, be patient</span>

I need a break but im also working on a seperate program which you will soon be able to download for free which im hoping represents the units better than my earlier chart, and im going to try and put a sorta den defense tutorial into it as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Heres a screen shot...

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/compare3.JPG