PDA

View Full Version : My problem with AC: You really can't lose a fight

finkelstein2008
03-10-2008, 09:56 PM
On PS3, if you just do R1 and Square at the right time, you win every fight. There's no real impetus to be "stealthy." Sure, I try, but if I goof, big deal, I destroy about 10 guards and walk away.

Kaxen6
03-10-2008, 10:04 PM
>_> My terrible gaming skills make it completely possible for me to lose a fight with the guards...

But... I think part of Assassin's Creed is that you can get creative on how you want to get through the game like setting up little challenges for yourself. Some people try to take out all the guards only using the hidden blade for countering. Some people try not using counters ever. Some people try to do everything as sneaky-like as possible despite the fact they could just raze all the guards in the area. But that's just my two cents. @_@

adarwinter
03-11-2008, 01:38 AM
this is how u recognize a game that has potential but eventually fail - when u keep trying to make up your own fun with it.
if a game is great that u just play it as intended and have a blast. when a game provides the tools to be fun but fails to use these tools properly than the player, who sees the potential, will try to play that game in a way no exactly intended, to enjoy it.
such is the case with AC - many ppl try to make up challenges and way to have more fun and challenge with it cuz the core game just doesnt cut it.

i never played on the ps3. do u find it easy on memory block5 and 6 as well?

Malidictus
03-11-2008, 05:49 PM
On PS3, if you just do R1 and Square at the right time, you win every fight. There's no real impetus to be "stealthy." Sure, I try, but if I goof, big deal, I destroy about 10 guards and walk away.

One thing you have to remember is that once you gain all of your skills, then yes, you pretty much can't lose. And even then, pick fights with elite soldiers or Templars. Guard Breaks make it a lot of fun to try and parry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif