PDA

View Full Version : head templar in ACR?

Sarari
10-07-2011, 06:04 PM
This is a pretty straight forward question. Who is the head templar in ACR?

There was Robert Desable (or however you spell it)
Rodrigo Borgia
Cesare Borgia

Who's the next one?

Sarari
10-07-2011, 06:55 PM
for anyone who reads this comment, do you think it could be the sultan, cause I was just thinking about that right now lol.

MeSkate
10-07-2011, 06:57 PM
well it isn't leandros because he dies in the gamescom gameplay. Ubisoft wont show the death of the head of the templars in gamescom.

MeSkate
10-07-2011, 06:58 PM
also i think the renegdae multiplayer haracter is in the main story as a templar because in the story trailer it shows him, or he is what the guys at ubisoft said, that there will be 8 or so MP characters in the singleplayer.

Sarari
10-07-2011, 07:01 PM
I know they won't show the head templar die in a gameplay, but I feel like they should show who that person is.

Chamboozer
10-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Bayezid II a Templar http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

They might make Ahmed a templar affiliate so we can side with Selim I & Suleiman in the civil war.

dxsxhxcx
10-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Piri Reis

Jexx21
10-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
Piri Reis

is a master assassin.

dxsxhxcx
10-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
Piri Reis

is a master assassin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Al Mualim was the Mentor of the Assassin Order...

when I read the title of this thread, I don't know why but the first name that came into my head was Piri Reis or even Suleiman I, both are supposed to be our allies in the game but from what I read in wiki,[SPOILERS - ACR] "Suleiman I" beheaded Piri Reis in 1555, maybe during their lifetime one of them decided to change sides...

Chamboozer
10-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
Piri Reis

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

He was busy writing a navigational treatise at this time, hardly in a position to be leading the Templar order.

dxsxhxcx
10-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Chamboozer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
Piri Reis

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
He was busy writing a navigational treatise at this time, hardly in a position to be leading the Templar order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know it's funny but I wasn't joking.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

and nothing is true, everything is permitted, right?! A man can dream sometimes... lol

Sarari
10-07-2011, 09:09 PM
lol I don't know any of these guys you people are listing. I'll look em up.

Saqaliba
10-07-2011, 10:29 PM
I have tickets on Manuel Paleologos:

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-Manuel-Paleologos-570x560.jpg

In actual history the Paleologos dynasty had affiliations with the Montferrat's so right there is a link between Altair's era and Ezio's era as well as a link between east and west.

Remember Condrad and William of Montferrat? Well there was family ties to the Paleologos all the way back then.

Only problem is that any Manuel of the Paleologos dynasty was prior to the period portrayed in the game so I'm not sure who they are basing Manuel upon. Possibly he is fictional, whilst being based on a former Manuel. He is not an Emperor since the Ottoman take over ended the Roman Empire officially, but he is definitely related to the last Emperors of Byzantine as the Paleologos family were the last rulers. Of course, that is good enough reason for them to be ****ed off with the Ottomans, with whom the Assassin's ally themselves too.

And that Montferrat connection would be perfect for this, since in actual history it extends all the way from the second crusade up to the fall of the Eastern Empire (Constantinople).

It would also be kinda interesting to see how the Christian east/west are allied as Templars whilst Altair/Ezio are semi-allied to factions associated with Islam (Ismai'li/Ottomans)

Historically however, the third crusade was actually Latin Catholics killing Eastern Orthodox under the command of Boniface Montferrat, so it is way more complex than the AC series will make it out to be, none the less interesting.

It is likely that it is actually the 4th crusade (1202-1204) that inhibits Altair from assembling an Assassin headquarters in Constantinople... as hinted in The Secret Crusade. I think we may have even seen footage of this, so it might actually be one of the memories.

Chamboozer
10-07-2011, 11:00 PM
The Manuel in the game is this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Palaiologos).

He would have been Manuel III had he been able to take the throne.

Calvarok
10-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Yeah, Palegeos dies pretty soon into the game, as far as real life history tells us.

eagleforlife1
10-08-2011, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Yeah, Palegeos dies pretty soon into the game, as far as real life history tells us.

They games only lasts between 1511 and 1512.

Moultonborough
10-08-2011, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

They games only lasts between 1511 and 1512. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have any proof AC:R only lasts for a year? If so can you please provide a link(if you found it online.) Thank You.

eagleforlife1
10-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

Do you have any proof AC:R only lasts for a year? If so can you please provide a link(if you found it online.) Thank You. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darby McDevitt's first sentence in the Behind the Revelations Dev Diary thingy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKMbgXeei4Q

LightRey
10-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

Do you have any proof AC:R only lasts for a year? If so can you please provide a link(if you found it online.) Thank You. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKMbgXeei4Q </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not surprised. I can't imagine Ezio taking much longer than a few months on this. I felt that 3 years was already quite long for ACB.

Calvarok
10-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:

They only lasts between 1511 and 1512. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKMbgXeei4Q </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not surprised. I can't imagine Ezio taking much longer than a few months on this. I felt that 3 years was already quite long for ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ACB was 7 years.

But ok, this is cool. We're going to go really indepth on the history of this one, I think!

InfectedNation
10-08-2011, 12:20 PM
I think he meant the majority of the game, which spanned 3 and a half years, and the following 4 after that were full of gaps, Cesare's arrest, hiding the apple, Da Vinci DLC, the extra parts of the BH novel and then the battle of Viana.

Kinda offtopic but just felt like saying it... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

LightRey
10-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
I think he meant the majority of the game, which spanned 3 and a half years, and the following 4 after that were full of gaps, Cesare's arrest, hiding the apple, Da Vinci DLC, the extra parts of the BH novel and then the battle of Viana.

Kinda offtopic but just felt like saying it... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
yeah, you're right. I said the same thing a while back, so I'm guessing this is payback, Calvarok?

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Yea, Ezio will probably kill Manuel, the head of the Templar Order presumably near the end of the game.

Can't wait for December 2nd/November 29th/Whatever date the PC version releases on.

Calvarok
10-08-2011, 12:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InfectedNation:
I think he meant the majority of the game, which spanned 3 and a half years, and the following 4 after that were full of gaps, Cesare's arrest, hiding the , Da Vinci DLC, the extra parts of the BH novel and then the battle of Viana.

yeah, you're right. I said the same thing a while back, so I'm guessing this is payback, Calvarok? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah, ok. I get ya.

Although when I think of the amount of time I count gaps too.

LightRey
10-08-2011, 12:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InfectedNation:
I think he meant the majority of the game, which spanned 3 and a half years, and the following 4 after that were full of gaps, Cesare's arrest, hiding the , Da Vinci DLC, the extra parts of the BH novel and then the battle of Viana.

yeah, you're right. I said the same thing a while back, so I'm guessing this is payback, Calvarok? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah, ok. I get ya.

Although when I think of the amount of time I count gaps too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, if my theory about the final sequence being a vision through the apple is true, then technically it's a year less than that :P

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 12:54 PM
I still wonder why we went to see Cesare get assassinated. How did that tell us where the apple was located? Man, I gotta play ACB again. >.<

Animuses
10-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Well, if my theory about the final sequence being a vision through the apple is true, then technically it's a year less than that :P
It has to be true.

LightRey
10-08-2011, 01:01 PM
I still wonder why we went to see Cesare get assassinated. How did that tell us where the apple was located? Man, I gotta play ACB again. >.<
Well, my theory explains that.

Originally posted by Animuses:
It has to be true.
Well, that's what I'm thinking. It would explain a lot about that sequence.

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 01:02 PM
My theory was that the distorted memory at the beginning was the vision the apple gave, and that the one in 1507 was the real one.

LightRey
10-08-2011, 01:08 PM
My theory was that the distorted memory at the beginning was the vision the apple gave, and that the one in 1507 was the real one.
Mine's a little more complex. Arguing that the distortion was caused by the fact that it was a vision from the apple of what was going to happen, causing a memory of a memory (of a memory, if you count the jump to the end of ACII/start of ACB) problem.

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Meh, I dunno.

I just need to replay Brotherhood.

Just wish my internet speed went faster so I could download Brotherhood faster.

Calvarok
10-08-2011, 01:14 PM
I really don't think so. I think we would have seen what Ezio saw immediately after he touched the apple if that were the case.

LightRey
10-08-2011, 01:43 PM
I really don't think so. I think we would have seen what Ezio saw immediately after he touched the apple if that were the case.
Not that vision. It's a vision he got when putting away the apple in 1505 I think it was.

Calvarok
10-08-2011, 01:54 PM
I doubt that. It seems pointless. And anyways, the Animus would have recorded the Viana memory as having happened in 1506, when Ezio actually did store the apple, since it can measure the age of the memories to find the date that each one occured in.

Basically, if it wasn't actual genetic memory, it would have shown a different date and the location would have been Il colloseo.

I think this is going to be the next red footsteps theory.

Moultonborough
10-08-2011, 02:25 PM
If it only lasts less than a year is anyone else got the feeling it will be shorter than AC:B. And maybe the Altair and Desmond parts are just filler? I really really hope not. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

LightRey
10-08-2011, 02:43 PM
I doubt that. It seems pointless. And anyways, the Animus would have recorded the Viana memory as having happened in 1506, when Ezio actually did store the apple, since it can measure the age of the memories to find the date that each one occured in.

Basically, if it wasn't actual genetic memory, it would have shown a different date and the location would have been Il colloseo.

I think this is going to be the next red footsteps theory.
Your first point is based on the assumption that that's how the animus figures out dates, which I would actually doubt since genetic memories are unlikely to be so periodical that they can be used for chronological measurements.

Your second point makes no sense, because it would still be a genetic memory, just one with a vision of the future.

eagleforlife1
10-08-2011, 02:45 PM
If it only lasts less than a year is anyone else got the feeling it will be shorter than AC:B. And maybe the Altair and Desmond parts are just filler? I really really hope not. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I don't think it will be shorter. A lot happened at this time in Constantinople.

InfectedNation
10-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Lightrey, I've seen your theory in another thread before, and I actually completely agree with you, especially because of the red animus loading (Like Christina memories) and the fact that it goes straight into the memory of sealing the apple.

The only thing that confuses me is if you play the Da Vinci DLC after you complete it, William or the other dude says "Ezio appears to be remembering something from 1506" - and we seem to be taken back in time a little in the animus, despite the Ezio events of the DLC taking place directly after sealing away the apple...?

LightRey
10-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Lightrey, I've seen your theory in another thread before, and I actually completely agree with you, especially because of the red animus loading (Like Christina memories) and the fact that it goes straight into the memory of sealing the apple.

The only thing that confuses me is if you play the Da Vinci DLC after you complete it, William or the other dude says "Ezio appears to be remembering something from 1506" - and we seem to be taken back in time a little in the animus, despite the Ezio events of the DLC taking place directly after sealing away the apple...?
Don't they say that Desmond is the one remembering them?
EDIT: Ah, no you're right. Could just mean that he's accessing a memory though. I believe it'd not be the fist time for them to call accessing a memory the ancestor remembering something.

InfectedNation
10-08-2011, 03:16 PM

Don't they say that Desmond is the one remembering them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to 1:12 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inEGHw9cih0

Yeah I still agree with your theory, it's just that one detail that stops me being 100% sure

acjake
10-08-2011, 03:22 PM

Yeah that worries me. AC2 took me forever to beat but ACB felt a lot shorter (and I take my sweet time). I really hope ACR is as long as or even longer than AC2.

LightRey
10-08-2011, 03:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Don't they say that Desmond is the one remembering them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to 1:12 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inEGHw9cih0

Yeah I still agree with your theory, it's just that one detail that stops me being 100% sure </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, it's too vague to be anything near conclusive, but it does cause a little doubt.