PDA

View Full Version : N1K1 in 3.02, as durable as a Jug ??!!

FatBoyHK
11-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Mustang's FM is enhanced in 3.02, which make it handle quite differently, especially in low speed. Need to get used to it, so I spent tonight flying in QMB...

First I chose to fight with a pair of Yak-3s. Really have some difficulty at first, but after 5 missions, it is just like good old times.

Then I go for a pair of N1K1s... With all the practice done, now I have no problem finding a shooting solution... Pressed trigger for 1 seconds, my experience told me it must be a good hit, and I expected it to explode in any moment.....wait, What the !? No sign of damage? not even leakage???

I thought, may be it is just luck! Try again... Zoomed up and down again, give it one more second... nothing!!!

I started thinking about my aiming... So, the new FM of Mustang has spoiled my aim completely?! Oh......

For the following hours I keep QMBing with N1K1s, tried to regain my aim.... But I failed... Finally, I gave up. It was impossible...something must be wrong.

To find out what is going on, I tried another QMB, this time with a pair of 109.... Get on the wingman's tail, just before firing he dodged all the way... but I adjusted my aim perfectly and then give it a snapshot... wow, it exploded! Then I go for the leader, he did a hard barrel roll, but no problem!!! I did a perfect adjustment again and chopped off its wing!!!

Tried 3 more times, and the results are the same... so my aim has no problem at all... Then I come back to N1K1.... again, it was the same, I can't even smoke them, let alone bringing them down...

So I think there must be something wrong with N1K1's DM... Anyone experience the same???

FatBoyHK
11-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Mustang's FM is enhanced in 3.02, which make it handle quite differently, especially in low speed. Need to get used to it, so I spent tonight flying in QMB...

First I chose to fight with a pair of Yak-3s. Really have some difficulty at first, but after 5 missions, it is just like good old times.

Then I go for a pair of N1K1s... With all the practice done, now I have no problem finding a shooting solution... Pressed trigger for 1 seconds, my experience told me it must be a good hit, and I expected it to explode in any moment.....wait, What the !? No sign of damage? not even leakage???

I thought, may be it is just luck! Try again... Zoomed up and down again, give it one more second... nothing!!!

I started thinking about my aiming... So, the new FM of Mustang has spoiled my aim completely?! Oh......

For the following hours I keep QMBing with N1K1s, tried to regain my aim.... But I failed... Finally, I gave up. It was impossible...something must be wrong.

To find out what is going on, I tried another QMB, this time with a pair of 109.... Get on the wingman's tail, just before firing he dodged all the way... but I adjusted my aim perfectly and then give it a snapshot... wow, it exploded! Then I go for the leader, he did a hard barrel roll, but no problem!!! I did a perfect adjustment again and chopped off its wing!!!

Tried 3 more times, and the results are the same... so my aim has no problem at all... Then I come back to N1K1.... again, it was the same, I can't even smoke them, let alone bringing them down...

So I think there must be something wrong with N1K1's DM... Anyone experience the same???

Sir.Robin-1337
11-29-2004, 02:03 PM
Was your gear out?

Press the G key.

FatBoyHK
11-29-2004, 02:08 PM
pls go way, and mind your way out.

3.JG51_BigBear
11-29-2004, 02:18 PM
I've been having pretty good luck against the N1K1s with the Corsair. Same armament as the Stang. They obviously take more than a zero to knock down but it doesn't seem to be excessive.

Korolov
11-29-2004, 02:24 PM
N1K1 seems to be increased in durability, but it doesn't seem indestructable at all. Multiple hits either brought about heavy damage, fire, fuel leaks or oil leaks. Repeated hits caused catastrophic failure.

VW-IceFire
11-29-2004, 04:35 PM
Definate difference between 3.01 and 3.02b with regards to this planes DM model. The 3.02b George can sustain multiple strikes and shrug them off. Durability is roughly similar to a Corsair or a FW190.

chris455
11-29-2004, 10:55 PM
I'll agree to that and add better vertical ability as well.
A more worthy opponent now.
Chris

FatBoyHK
11-29-2004, 11:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Definate difference between 3.01 and 3.02b with regards to this planes DM model. The 3.02b George can sustain multiple strikes and shrug them off. Durability is roughly similar to a Corsair or a FW190. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it historically accurate? If yes I am OK with it, but I really doubt that

FatBoyHK
11-29-2004, 11:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris455:
I'll agree to that and add better vertical ability as well.
A more worthy opponent now.
Chris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes I have to agree that too

H4wkw1nd
11-30-2004, 01:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FatBoyHK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Definate difference between 3.01 and 3.02b with regards to this planes DM model. The 3.02b George can sustain multiple strikes and shrug them off. Durability is roughly similar to a Corsair or a FW190. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it historically accurate? If yes I am OK with it, but I really doubt that <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes...