PDA

View Full Version : Problems loading SBD

delinker
12-28-2004, 09:34 AM
I have experienced problems loading missions where SBD's and ADM-N's are involved. These missions load with the user staring at a funky looking split horizon. There is no cockpit and nothing else except this strange looking "horizon". All other planes (so far) load just fine.

FWIW, I have removed completely (that is to say, including all Registry entries)and reloaded FB, AEP, and now PF using the "merged" install and have loaded all respective patches up to the current 3.02 for PF. This has resulted in no improvement to the issue: I receive the same phenomenon when trying to load SBD's in ANY type of mission, i.e., custom, SP, Coop, etc. They simply will not load.

I did a brief search for the issue here but nothing turned up to match the criteria. Hoping anyone else can explain this problem! Thanks!

EDIT- Let me also add that I've played at least one mission online where an SBD was involved and had no problems at that point. But trying to load the aircraft on my own results in the error detailed above. FWIW!

delinker
12-28-2004, 09:34 AM
I have experienced problems loading missions where SBD's and ADM-N's are involved. These missions load with the user staring at a funky looking split horizon. There is no cockpit and nothing else except this strange looking "horizon". All other planes (so far) load just fine.

FWIW, I have removed completely (that is to say, including all Registry entries)and reloaded FB, AEP, and now PF using the "merged" install and have loaded all respective patches up to the current 3.02 for PF. This has resulted in no improvement to the issue: I receive the same phenomenon when trying to load SBD's in ANY type of mission, i.e., custom, SP, Coop, etc. They simply will not load.

I did a brief search for the issue here but nothing turned up to match the criteria. Hoping anyone else can explain this problem! Thanks!

EDIT- Let me also add that I've played at least one mission online where an SBD was involved and had no problems at that point. But trying to load the aircraft on my own results in the error detailed above. FWIW!

BPLIzard
12-28-2004, 09:44 AM
That's strange.

delinker
12-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Yes it is. I have also gone back and toyed a bit more and discovered that on instance that SBD or A6M-N do not load, you can still see the external view. So...it appears to be a cockpit loading problem....in which case I have absolutely no idea why this is happening.

Latico
12-28-2004, 10:57 AM
I had this problem right after installing the 303m patch. I had a problem with the install of the patch, getting an error saying that a file was currupted. I deleted the 303m file that I had downloaded and downloaded a freash copy, installed it, and I was all fixed.

VW-IceFire
12-28-2004, 11:27 AM
This problem has been attributed to a bad installation of the patch (either user error or file corruption).

Try and retrace your steps on patch install.

delinker
12-28-2004, 11:42 AM
Thanks gentlemen for the advice. It is quite possible that I've doped something up during a patch load, but I've tried that several times. Am I correct in assuming that all files from these patches are to be extracted to the C:\...\Ubisoft\IL2 directory?

delinker
12-28-2004, 04:35 PM
Looks like Latico called it; I have reloaded EVERY patch since the get-go and now my SBD cockpit displays properly. Thank you, Gentlemen for the advice! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif