PDA

View Full Version : Major Assassins Creed Glitch

Banny22011
11-16-2011, 01:32 AM
I do not know what has happened but a couple of months ago a revisited assassins creed brotherhood (seeing as I have already finished it) and after a few minutes of playing lines started jutting out of Ezio - to the point where he looked like a porcupine. The amount of lines that come from Ezio increases until everything else around him also has glitchy lines poking out. The problem is, is that it happens for ALL of my assassins creed games, I have all four now - seeing as revelations just came out. And even with revelations this happens - it doesn't happen with other games just the assassins creed ones. I don't know what to do, I tried deleting my assassins creed data that didn't work - is it my playstation with these assassins creed games, did I manage to get 4 bad ones! Is anyone else having this issue? If so, could you help? If not, suggestions?

All help would be appreciated!

MrAnarchist
11-18-2011, 04:35 AM
Well if it's happening with all 4 games then it's not a glitch but a problem with your console. I assume you have an xbox 360? If so it may be overheating.

Krayus Korianis
11-18-2011, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by MrAnarchist:
Well if it's happening with all 4 games then it's not a glitch but a problem with your console. I assume you have an xbox 360? If so it may be overheating.

They're using a PS3... Their video card may perhaps be going bad.

Good try at trying to make the Xbox 360 look worse than the PS3.

Mr_Shade
11-18-2011, 04:49 AM
Let's stop with any console wars please...

Strange polygon errors do sound like a GPU (graphics card) error on the console.

I suggest you contact playstation support and they should be able to verify the issue.

MrAnarchist
11-18-2011, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrAnarchist:

Good try at trying to make the Xbox 360 look worse than the PS3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I own a 360, i'm just saying that overheating with the 360 is common. I'm not bashing it or anything.

Krayus Korianis
11-18-2011, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by MrAnarchist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrAnarchist:

Good try at trying to make the Xbox 360 look worse than the PS3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I own a 360, i'm just saying that overheating with the 360 is common. I'm not bashing it or anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, and the PS3 is known to actually start flames, literally. I know a couple of people that had their PS3 go up in flames lol.

BUT there are some tips to stop your Xbox and PS3 from overheating like a bad day in Arizona.

1. Get an Air Compressor. Blast that sucker with the air and you'll see a TON of dust fall from the console.

2. Don't play on extremely hot days. :|

3. IF you can't fix that sucker, send it in for repairs.

iouaj
11-19-2011, 03:09 AM
Hi Banny,

This is happening to me too, oddly not on AC1, but yes on AC2, ACB, ACR. From what I've read elsewhere it could be the gpu (graphics card on the ps3) may possibly going bad or overheating. As this is the only series of games that it's happening with for me and no other games have this problem, I'm living with it for now. The only work-around I've managed is when it happens - try switching Ezio's skins back and forth (not dyes, but skins) or in ACR for example go to animus Island and back. It's annoying as hell I know. You may want to contact Sony about having your system repaired if the problem continues after cleaning/vacuuming out the dust etc. Ubi's support told me that it's because their games are more graphic intense than others. Now I love the AC games, but I think that's a ridiculous excuse seeing as none of my other games do that and I have quite a few.

Best of luck.

Banny22011
11-19-2011, 06:02 AM
Thank you. That's very helpful. I guessed as much, as you say the graphics card and it gets worse as you continue to play with the lines coming out. It seems a bit of a cop out from ubisoft, saying their games are more graphic intensive then others - I have heaps of games also, most of which are quite impressive games when it comes to graphics - more so then AC so I don't know if that is that problem exactly. But seeing as it doesn't happen to other games and to all of the AC games on my PS3 I think it must be something in my playstation that just doesn't sit well. But it never used to happen when I started playing AC ages ago, so it's something that's just gone awry. I'll contact sony and ask them. So far I've been quitting the game and going back in (time consuming) but it seems to hold the lines off for a while. Thank you for your help. If you hear anything else about this, I would love to hear it!