PDA

View Full Version : Denver? New York?

bobiftw
11-18-2011, 11:36 AM
You guys are talking about a Apple destroyed in Denver and that there is a Temple in New York. I've played all of the Assassins Creed games and I don't remember saying any of those? And who were the people in the final cutscene. I thought it was William, Rebecca and Shawn. Also how did Desmond got back in the Animus. I remember him collapsing in the end of Brotherhood.

Abeonis
11-18-2011, 11:40 AM
You need to start paying more attention. The Apple's destruction at Denver is mentioned in one of the emails that can be read in the first game, whilst the location of the Temple in New York is uncovered in The Da Vince Dissapearance.

Yes, that is Shawn, Rebecca and William; they returned him to the Animus after he collapsed, so as to keep him from going brain-dead.

zerocooll21
11-18-2011, 11:46 AM
ACI: In one of the emails you can read if you steal the decoder pens during the game. Look at AC wiki for emails, you'll find the info there.

AC:B DLC (Davinci Disappearance) upon completion you see a set of coordinates, those lead to a place in NY where the grand temple is. You know its the grand temple b/c Tinia just told you.

http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/acbtrianglenotations.jpg

After AC:B you here two voices during the credits that say put desmond back in the animus. They did this to keep his brain partitioned so he could work through the memories and come out on the other end. He finally awakes after visiting the Snyc Nexus with the team that just transported him back to NY. Yes that was Desmonds father Will, rebec, an Shaun.

bobiftw
11-18-2011, 12:16 PM
My bad, I didn't finish the first game. I only red spoilers to see what happened. Anyway, was is the apple destroyed in Denver a possible third one?

Abeonis
11-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by woods27ubi:
My bad, I didn't finish the first game. I only red spoilers to see what happened. Anyway, was is the apple destroyed in Denver a possible third one?

SPOILER
No. It's the Apple seen at the end of Revelations, in the library.
END SPOILER

bobiftw
11-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Was that confirmed somewhere?
If it was destroyed why did Abstergo wanted Desmond to explore the memories of Altair, when they already had the Apple of Altair.

zerocooll21
11-18-2011, 12:41 PM
If it was destroyed why did Abstergo wanted Desmond to explore the memories of Altair, when they already had the Apple of Altair.

Good point. Although I find it hard for Abstergo to know THAT apple was altiars.

bobiftw
11-18-2011, 12:54 PM
I guess all we can do is wait till AC 3.

Abeonis
11-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by zerocooll21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by woods27ubi:

Good point. Although I find it hard for Abstergo to know THAT apple was altiars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you had read the damn emails, you would already know the answer to this. AltaÔr's Apple was destroyed, in Denver, prior to the events of the first game. The reason Desmond was kidnapped was because the Templars knew that, at some point, the Apple they no longer possess, projected a map to Altair, showing him the location of the other Pieces of Eden. That is why he was apprehended.

tarrero
11-18-2011, 08:56 PM
This probably means we are heading towards an assassins creed set during the American Revolution.

Although I dont know if New York, Boston or Philladelphia were big enough at the time to hold an AC game.

twenty_glyphs
11-19-2011, 01:26 AM
Emails that you can read in the first game talk about an incident at Denver International Airport. Apparently the Templars were testing a satellite or preparing it for launch with an Apple, and the Apple opened and everyone there went crazy and killed each other. It has set back Abstergo's launch date while they search for another Apple to use in the satellite. The purpose of the satellite is to use an Apple of Eden to control people's minds from the sky at all times.

In the first game, Desmond asks Lucy why the Templars don't just go to Masyaf and get AltaÔr's Apple instead of looking for new ones. She tells him that they already had that Apple but it was destroyed in the Denver accident. After Revelations we know that at some point after 1511, the Apple under Masyaf was discovered and eventually wound up in the hands of Abstergo in the 21st century.

Desmond and company now have the Apple that Ezio came into possession of near the end of AC2 and hid under the Colosseum in Brotherhood. That Apple was also altered by Minerva somehow when Ezio entered the Vault under the Vatican. We were led to believe that Apple was the same one that AltaÔr had because he wanted to throw people off the scent of it being hidden under Masyaf, but we now know otherwise.

GeneralTrumbo
11-19-2011, 05:38 PM
You guys are talking about a Apple destroyed in Denver and that there is a Temple in New York. I've played all of the Assassins Creed games and I don't remember saying any of those? And who were the people in the final cutscene. I thought it was William, Rebecca and Shawn. Also how did Desmond got back in the Animus. I remember him collapsing in the end of Brotherhood.

You know those coordinates at the end of the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC?? That shows a location in New York. Maybe that is where Desmond and the team are heading??(The Grand Temple)

samward
11-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zerocooll21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by woods27ubi:

Good point. Although I find it hard for Abstergo to know THAT apple was altiars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you had read the damn emails, you would already know the answer to this. AltaÔr's Apple was destroyed, in Denver, prior to the events of the first game. The reason Desmond was kidnapped was because the Templars knew that, at some point, the Apple they no longer possess, projected a map to Altair, showing him the location of the other Pieces of Eden. That is why he was apprehended. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

@zerocooll21: Just to add to this, even if the Templars had Altair's apple before it was destroyed in Denver, we find out in ACR that because of Desmondís DNA, he is the only one who can currently unlock the Apple. So the Templars needed Desmond, whether the Apple was destroyed or not to access the map that the Apple holds. Since it was destroyed in Denver they had to take the longer rout of going back in time to see it when one of Desmondís other ancestors opened it. Hope that makes sense. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bobiftw
11-21-2011, 03:17 AM
I just remember something. Didn't they say in AC 2 that Rodrigo Borgia retrieved Altair's apple?
Also go to look in the AC wikia and there is some very interesting info about the different pieces of Eden, for example Hitler, Napoleon and Gandi used the apple :O.

bobiftw
11-21-2011, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by zerocooll21:
Although I find it hard for Abstergo to know THAT apple was altiars.
Then, from where do we know that this Apple did belong to Altair.

zerocooll21
11-21-2011, 06:02 AM
Hahah I see what you did there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I buy it know,

-Altiar knows there is another apple in Cyprus so he sends people off the trail of his apple. The role it will play in the vault far out ways the risk of the Templars finding another apple.

-Altiar knows that 300 years later someone will need to find it so he orchestrates the wild goose egg hunt to keep the templars away.

-Some time after Ezio/Altiar play their part the apple is found then blown up by Abstergo.

Abeonis
11-21-2011, 07:03 AM
I just remember something. Didn't they say in AC 2 that Rodrigo Borgia retrieved Altair's apple?
Also go to look in the AC wikia and there is some very interesting info about the different pieces of Eden, for example Hitler, Napoleon and Gandi used the apple :O.

SPOILER
He did indeed. However, the events depicted in Altair's final Key show that this is not the case and that Apple later found on Cyprus is not Altairs. Despite what Darby McDevitt would have us believe (i.e. everything that has happened and been revealed in the games has been planned out since the beginning), this is most likely a retcon, as people like to change things up as they go.
END SPOILER

roostersrule2
11-21-2011, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zerocooll21:
Although I find it hard for Abstergo to know THAT apple was altiars.
Then, from where do we know that this Apple did belong to Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We saw him put it in the library the Templars didn't.

bobiftw
11-21-2011, 03:51 PM
My point was how do we know if that certain apple in Masyaf was even possesed by Templairs. The apple destroyed in Denver could anyone of the other apples.

twenty_glyphs
11-21-2011, 04:11 PM
My point was how do we know if that certain apple in Masyaf was even possesed by Templairs. The apple destroyed in Denver could anyone of the other apples.

Because of Desmond's conversation with Lucy during AC1:

Desmond: So, what? Theyíre using me to find the Templar treasure? What do they call it? The "Piece of Eden"?
Lucy: Yes.
Desmond: Well, it's looking like it's at Masyaf. So I don't know why they're wasting all this time with me. Why donít they just send their people to pick it up?
Lucy: They canít... itís not that simple. The artifact from Masyaf... they had it. It was destroyed in the accident.
Desmond: Then, what are they hoping for me? For my ancestor to tell them?
Lucy: Theyíre hoping heíll show them where the other ones are.
Desmond: You mean thereís more than one of these things?!?!
Lucy: Oh, Desmond. You have no idea.

Desmond: Why Denver?
Lucy: It's a reference to Denver International Airport. There's an underground facility there. It's where the accident happened.

bobiftw
11-21-2011, 04:16 PM
thank for the clarification. I do forget and didn't pay much attention at times. Also when did the modern day Assassins realise that Desmond and Ezio apples are different and nedeed to restore from Rome?

Will_Lucky
11-21-2011, 06:03 PM

Ezio didn't exactly protect it much did he? Considering the guards at the location of the first Key knew about what they were looking for it seems certain the entire organisation had learnt there was something inside that Library and short of killing everyone in the organisation the only thing to protect it would have been to move it and Ezio just left it there.

Doesn't matter if they don't have the keys, enough gunpowder would probably do the trick. The wiki states the next owner was Elizabeth the second by 1556, not that long after the events of the game.

However considering the fact the Templars built the Animus which the keys are the predecessor too they probably acquired them in the end.