PDA

View Full Version : Take-off problems

Trollisboy
10-13-2005, 11:31 AM
I have problem when I take-off
The plane will go to the left even if the talewheel is locked so I pushing it to the right whit the rudder, when the tale is lifting the hole plane starting to wobble and when I than take of it turning to left and hit the ground.

Now can anyone tell me whats the problem is?

MvH Anders "Trollis"Bernhardsson

danjama
10-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Are you being serious? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Chuck_Older
10-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Sounds like it

The reason the plane veers to the side is because of the forces that occur while the engine is turning the propeller, to put it in simple terms

Take a bicycle wheel and hold it by the hubs, and spin it. Try to turn the wheel left and right. it will want to turn one way, and resist the other way.

Same thing as is happening to the plane. Perfectly normal, nothing is wrong. The plane seems to fight you because you're used to flying with the old flight model. I assume you've just upgraded to 4.01

Opposite rudder even before you start to roll is the answer

If the plane seems to "bob" up and down as you taxi to take-off, put some axis filtering in your joystick, in-game

danjama
10-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Ok sorry i always assumed you were an experienced flyer not sure why lol anywho, yes torque is an effect that swing your plane to one side, use rudder to counter it. You will learn how much rudder for each plane as you get used to it. Ive said this before, i hardly used rudder before 4.01, now im using it subconciously all the time im flying. It is essential, the way it should be. You should only need gentle movements of rudder and then hold it there, but some planes require constant rudder input to one side, for example the 190. But the 190 is one of the harder planes to keep straight on the runway...

SithSpeeder
10-13-2005, 02:40 PM
Trollis--

Which plane are you flying?

Are you sure your controls are centered? In an air-start (like in QMB), do you more or less fly straight without much input? You may need to recalibrate your joystick, or possibly adjust your sensitivity of your joystick in game.

I don't mess with tailwheel locking myself--my stick controls can overcome torque concerns.

Give us more data!

* _54th_Speeder *

Trollisboy
10-13-2005, 03:18 PM
This only happens when I am use multiplay.

I have try the
Bf 109G-6
P-51C
P-47
and
IL-2

Ok sorry i always assumed you were an experienced flyer
When the plane is in the air I am quite good.

Shall try to recallibrate the joystick and see if that helps.
Hope it help out some of your questions.
See if I can bring upp a clip of the problem.

MvH Anders "Trollis" Bernhardsson

Amnio
10-13-2005, 03:26 PM
The reason it happens in multiplayer and not in singleplayer might have something with the difficultyoptions you're playing with. Try to play singleplayer with torque on and you'll probably end up with the same results as in multiplayer.

Do note that unless you also have stalls & spins on the rudder will also act a bit differently when applied.

Chuck_Older
10-13-2005, 03:26 PM
I'm sorry, but what you're describing doesn't sound to me like a hardware issue. It's not the joystick, it's just how the planes take off

maybe you could rephrase what you're experiencing and I could see a different problem, but all i can see right now is that the plane's getting away from you due to pilot induced control inputs, or lack thereof

SithSpeeder
10-13-2005, 03:44 PM
What Amino said, methinks. You didn't mention that nugget of info the first time. I also bet if you take off in a P-38 you won't have torque problems either.

Make sure you have decent (i.e., gradual) joystick sensitivity settings (in game settings). And then, apply your controls gradually while taking off.

Practice-practice-practice offline with the same settings as in multiplayer.

Hope that helps.

* _54th_Speeder *

Trollisboy
10-13-2005, 03:56 PM
I will try that, thanks to you all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

MvH Anders "Trollis" Bernhardsson