PDA

View Full Version : What about the Vought-Sikorsky OS2U-3 Kingfisher??

mortoma
10-18-2004, 08:46 PM
Would be cool to have the Kingfisher as AI in PF. Any modelers out there that want to do it?? It was a very common pontoon plane used for scout and observation work. I used to have a model of one when I was a kid, kinda cool aircraft. It was also used for rescue work and they used one to rescue Capt. Eddie Rickenbacker when the B-17 he was in had to ditch. It would fill the same role as the U-2 and the FW189 do in FB.

mortoma
10-18-2004, 08:46 PM
Would be cool to have the Kingfisher as AI in PF. Any modelers out there that want to do it?? It was a very common pontoon plane used for scout and observation work. I used to have a model of one when I was a kid, kinda cool aircraft. It was also used for rescue work and they used one to rescue Capt. Eddie Rickenbacker when the B-17 he was in had to ditch. It would fill the same role as the U-2 and the FW189 do in FB.

Tater-SW-
10-18-2004, 09:02 PM
xanty already has a nice one mostly done. It looks awesome.

http://www.silence.plus.com/xanty/il2center/kingfisher/kf_17.jpg

more here: http://www.netwings.org/dcforum/DCForumID43/1214.html

tater

Athosd
10-18-2004, 09:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mortoma:
Would be cool to have the Kingfisher as AI in PF. Any modelers out there that want to do it?? It was a very common pontoon plane used for scout and observation work. I used to have a model of one when I was a kid, kinda cool aircraft. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC a model for the Kingfisher was completed some time ago - by Xanty?

In the unlikely event that my recollection is correct we can look forward to its inclusion in a later patch.

Cheers

Athos

mortoma
10-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Cool, looks like that one will do the job!!! Thanks for informing me of this good news. Let's hope it actually makes it in a later patch someday. Look at all the planes that have been started for IL2/FB but never made it.