PDA

View Full Version : Weight of Ezio's Armor

PsychoSpartan7
07-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Okay, how much do you think Ezio is carrying around with his Armor of Brutus and his weapons. My friend estimates at almost 300 pounds... I think that that's a little much, but I don't really know a good number. Ideas?

Sinore_Assassin
07-11-2011, 04:15 PM
I estimate around 105-125.

LaCava1
07-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Well, it depends on which weapon he is using. I'd estimate around 125-180 pounds. With Altair's armor, though, much less. Because Altair made the armor with instructions from The Apple, giving him the formula for ultra-light, and unbreakable armor.

PsychoSpartan7
07-11-2011, 05:39 PM
The armor of brutus was also crafted with the help of the apple. The weapon I have on my ezio is that huge 40 pound sword lol. So I looked up some stuff on plate... and a good suit of full plate armor was at most about 45 pounds (less than a modern infantry soldier's load actually), leaving a fit and trained man able to run and jump, maintaining some degree of agility.

Azula2005
07-11-2011, 09:24 PM
How do you know Ezio actually did all the shrines of romulas?

but you're asking how much the Brutus armour is in lb soo...

he has a steel torso

most steel torso are =10-50lb
the one on the Brutus looks 15-25lbs

and it has a metal eagle spoulder on the right

around 3 lbs

that fur could be 5lbs

and the studded kelt looks like it's 15 lbs

but all the extra robes (cape, belt, arm) can prob make up 10 lbs

so total would be around 25-40 lbs of armour

with sword lets say a schiavona ..

6 lbs

so it's not much weight if you're a foot battle ground warrior

i know men who take extra 50lbs and go swimming for workouts

plus the modern merine takes waayyy more than what a medieval knight had

i guess you could run around and swim with all that but you'll get tired soon .

p.s (Ezio is really ripped, he can handle all that)

PsychoSpartan7
07-12-2011, 01:17 AM
I know he did all of the shrines because I did them all myself haha. That's a good estimate. Maybe a little more for the huge sword, but between 40-60 pounds sounds right. Parkour would definitely be possible, but like you said, you'd probably get tired fairly fast, unless you're Ezio lol.

Rakudaton
07-12-2011, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by PsychoSpartan7:
I know he did all of the shrines because I did them all myself haha. That's a good estimate. Maybe a little more for the huge sword, but between 40-60 pounds sounds right. Parkour would definitely be possible, but like you said, you'd probably get tired fairly fast, unless you're Ezio lol.

Actually the sword would be considerably less than 40 pounds, and certainly not 60. Click here! (http://www.thearma.org/essays/weights.htm)

Even considering it's a large two-handed sword in this instance, you would not expect it to weigh much more than about 8 pounds.

Of course, what you're saying is sensible -- there's no way an ordinary human could freerun endlessly with all that metal on him. Whilst I agree that it's unrealistic, I think it would be foolish to remove that freedom of movement from the game.

reini03
07-12-2011, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PsychoSpartan7:

Actually the sword would be considerably less than 40 pounds, and certainly not 60. Click here! (http://www.thearma.org/essays/weights.htm) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he meant Ezio's amour/weapons in overall with the 40-60 pounds http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

FiskMunk
07-12-2011, 03:43 AM
How the hell is the guy able to swim?

LightRey
07-12-2011, 04:17 AM
How do you know Ezio actually did all the shrines of romulas?

first of all, it's Romulus, shame on you. Second of all, of course Ezio did all the shrines, else there'd be no memory of them.

How the hell is the guy able to swim?

That's what's been bothering me too. It's already quite hard to swim if you're wearing clothes like that. Now adding armor to that should (almost) make it impossible.

FiskMunk
07-12-2011, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
That's what's been bothering me too. It's already quite hard to swim if you're wearing clothes like that. Now adding armor to that should (almost) make it impossible.

Maybe that's why Alta´r insisted on drowning, with his 100 layers of thick cloth and leather, sword, short blade, hidden blade, fetus and pile of throwing knifes?
Hm, maybe not. But why didn't the Brotherhood teach their assassins to swim, though? I mean, if they teach them how to survive a 50 meter drop...
Bah, 4 year old topic is old.

LightRey
07-12-2011, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by FiskMunk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Maybe that's why Alta´r insisted on drowning, with his 100 layers of thick cloth and leather, sword, short blade, hidden blade, fetus and pile of throwing knifes?
Hm, maybe not. But why didn't the Brotherhood teach their assassins to swim, though? I mean, if they teach them how to survive a 50 meter drop...
Bah, 4 year old topic is old. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, from what I've read from a short search on google, it is possible to swim while wearing armor (even in full plate!). I don't think the brotherhood taught their members to swim simply because it wasn't considered a necessity. In fact, even today most people don't know how to swim. Only in countries like The Netherlands (where I'm from) where there's basically water everywhere it's common practice to learn to swim as a kid.

sassinscreed
07-12-2011, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PsychoSpartan7:

Actually the sword would be considerably less than 40 pounds, and certainly not 60. Click here! (http://www.thearma.org/essays/weights.htm)

Even considering it's a large two-handed sword in this instance, you would not expect it to weigh much more than about 8 pounds.

Of course, what you're saying is sensible -- there's no way an ordinary human could freerun endlessly with all that metal on him. Whilst I agree that it's unrealistic, I think it would be foolish to remove that freedom of movement from the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well it wouldn't be fun to free run if you have to take break all the time

PsychoSpartan7
07-12-2011, 05:43 AM
Good stuff... I didn't know that plate armor and swords weighed so little. Looks like my friends estimate of 280 pounds (200 pounds of armor, 80 pound sword) was wrong lol. Yeah if the game was made entirely realistic, it wouldn't be fun (I'm looking at you hay bales).

LightRey
07-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Good stuff... I didn't know that plate armor and swords weighed so little. Looks like my friends estimate of 280 pounds (200 pounds of armor, 80 pound sword) was wrong lol. Yeah if the game was made entirely realistic, it wouldn't be fun (I'm looking at you hay bales).
well, an 80 pound sword does sound kinda ridiculous. I mean, have you ever tried lifting 20 pounds? It'd be way too inconvenient to carry something like that around in battle.

reini03
07-12-2011, 07:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FiskMunk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Bah, 4 year old topic is old. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, from what I've read from a short search on google, it is possible to swim while wearing armor (even in full plate!). I don't think the brotherhood taught their members to swim simply because it wasn't considered a necessity. In fact, even today most people don't know how to swim. Only in countries like The Netherlands (where I'm from) where there's basically water everywhere it's common practice to learn to swim as a kid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubisoft's excuse was actually that drowning was a bug of the Animus 1.xx. So... maybe Altair could swim, we just weren't able to because of the Animus. The excuse is kinda lame though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bipolar Matt
07-14-2011, 01:26 PM
The armor of brutus was also crafted with the help of the apple.

Where did this information come from?

LightRey
07-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by BipolarMatt:

Where did this information come from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Probably an assumption. I don't think this has ever been verified by anyone. It's quite likely though.

reini03
07-14-2011, 02:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BipolarMatt:

Probably an assumption. I don't think this has ever been verified by anyone. It's quite likely though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marcus Junius Brutus wrote it in one of his scrolls, which we found in the Romulus lairs. So, it actually has been verified.

xCr0wnedNorris
07-14-2011, 02:16 PM
What I wanna know is how he can free run and all that in the Drachen Armor. In the description it said that it was too heavy for most people to even wear it.

LightRey
07-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BipolarMatt:

Probably an assumption. I don't think this has ever been verified by anyone. It's quite likely though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marcus Junius Brutus wrote it in one of his scrolls, which we found in the Romulus lairs. So, it actually has been verified. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
that's bs. He wrote that it was an heirloom. nothing more.

PsychoSpartan7
07-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Brutus's scrolls do say that he held a piece of eden, and the armor of brutus does have similiar propterties the altair's armor in AC2, which was crafted with the help of a piece of eden, so make of that what you will.

swiftkinfe
07-14-2011, 07:33 PM
To the guy on the Drachen armor Ezio had it as a skin.Meaning he wore it at some point in his life so it can be used as a skin. Meaning in Brotherhood during that time frame he does get it due to the look of his clothing but it just wasn't seen in Desmond's look through. In this case Ezio is wearing whatever but the skin is over top of it.

Bipolar Matt
07-14-2011, 08:45 PM
I guess I could see that, the armor inspired by the apple. He does say he found a Piece of Eden (what else would it be?) in scroll 4. Makes sense.

Conniving_Eagle
07-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Well, let's do a count. All fabric - Atleast 5 lbs. Metal Vambraces and hidden blades - atleast 7.5 lbs each. 25 Throwing knives - .5-1 lb each. Crossbow - 5-15 lbs(I don't know how much a Crossbow weighs). Normal sword - 7 lbs. Dagger - 3-4 lbs. 15 salt-containers(medicine) - .25-.5 lbs each. 15 Poison vials - .5 lbs each. 25 quivers - .25 lbs each. 6 Bullets - .5 lbs each. Greaves - 5 lbs each. Chest Guard - 10-15 lbs. Pauldrons - 7.5 lbs. I'm pretty sure I'm not missing anything so that means(and this is a very rough mental estimate) Ezio carries somewhere between 90-120 lbs. Now, to see if it's realistic, Ezio runs 100m in about 17-19 seconds. This is very slow, I ran 16.5 in 8th grade, and that's when I was a fatty. My freshman PR was 14.4. The fasest 100m runners can run it under 10 seconds(The record being 8.9 or 8.6) The fasest 200m runners can run it somewhere around 17-18 seconds(I don't remember the highest record. I'd say Ezio can jump about 10-15 ft, and the world record for the longest jump is around 29 ft. So I think his equipment does have a realistic factor for his speed.

LightRey
07-15-2011, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by V-rex1986:
To the guy on the Drachen armor Ezio had it as a skin.Meaning he wore it at some point in his life so it can be used as a skin. Meaning in Brotherhood during that time frame he does get it due to the look of his clothing but it just wasn't seen in Desmond's look through. In this case Ezio is wearing whatever but the skin is over top of it.
According to that logic he at some point also dressed up as Raiden.

PsychoSpartan7
07-15-2011, 01:37 AM
Well, even the biggest claymores of the day weighed around 5 pounds, so bring down the weight of the sword and dagger a little bit, I think that's a pretty good estimate. I didn't notice that Ezio doesn't actually run that fast.