PDA

View Full Version : Some online servers really have weird settings..

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 09:29 AM
Last night I went on a good looking server (FR+icons,good ping) and I went up in Fw190A5. I was cruising at approx. 4000 m and suddenly saw a bogie , swoop down, speed increasing and waited till icon appeard to IFF. And the moment came, it was Bf109 at about 1 km, I was doing about 700 km/h and of course I'm not TK, so I turn away while pulling up....and the icon suddenly went RED! So dimed icons at 1 km, team color at 300(?), everyone was flying everything..oh well, I was out in no time. not worth to waste my limited online time. Maybe this server was meant for I153?

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 09:29 AM
Last night I went on a good looking server (FR+icons,good ping) and I went up in Fw190A5. I was cruising at approx. 4000 m and suddenly saw a bogie , swoop down, speed increasing and waited till icon appeard to IFF. And the moment came, it was Bf109 at about 1 km, I was doing about 700 km/h and of course I'm not TK, so I turn away while pulling up....and the icon suddenly went RED! So dimed icons at 1 km, team color at 300(?), everyone was flying everything..oh well, I was out in no time. not worth to waste my limited online time. Maybe this server was meant for I153?

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 09:55 AM
Ha, that's nothing. There is a server I have stumbled into twice (don't remember the name, but I think it was a squad's server).

-No icons, No PL, Cockpit ON, Map Icons OFF, the only view that was enabled was Externals ON.

-All planes available on both sides!!!!

I'm not sure how external PL works, and if it can IFF even with icons off or what, but the only way I could figure to IFF was by external markings, so I guees you have to fly in externals and us PL and zoom to IFF!?