PDA

View Full Version : Major bug preventing game completion - Two Altair's spawn in... *spoiler?*

Swiftor
11-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Once I've entered Arsuf, after I progress past the first baracade (or if I die and respawn, whichever comes first) TWO Altair's appear. I can control both, one Altair can assassinate the other, and I can even use both in battle (although I typically end up slicing myself).

But my big quarrel is that I can't seem to progress past the area. Both of my Altair's eventually reach a circle of soliders and all they do is stare at me. I can kill off most, but they just stand there. And after that, nothing happens. I suspect a cut scene is suppose to play but it doesn't.

I have tried restarting my xbox, exiting to the Animus and going back in, and it doesn't help. It ONLY happens in Arsuf.

Has anyone else encountered this? IS there ANYWAY for me to get around this and just beat the game.

I'll post a curde youtube video of this issue shortly.

Nextil
11-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Someone else has already made a thread about this, nobody replied.

cjl78
11-16-2007, 05:58 PM
this same glitch happens to me as well. Ubisoft needs to fix this or I'm going to be VERY pissed off. I can't finish the game because of this glitch. Like you, it only happens in Arsuf. But I also encounter another glitch only in Arsuf: the first three Saracen archers on the ledge do not attack me even if I stand in front of them, and after I kill them, sometimes I fall through the ground and die.

I think it's possible to beat the game while playing with the two Altairs, however its very difficult because they can both be attacked by the soldiers and they both target each other, and I have trouble making it through the large groups of soldiers like this.

bobbyg27
11-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Yeah happened to me too. Still no response from Ubi. If they don't fix it soon I think I might try to return the game and just get it again when the price is cheaper, hopefully by then they'd have fixed it.

dirtybird21
11-16-2007, 08:01 PM
I NEVER experience this problem lol... Or are you on a PS3? i got an xbox

spf001
11-16-2007, 08:04 PM
yea no probs here i was also on xbox...this was my favorite part too...lots of ppl to kill, but not enough for the 25 in one fight...

SirKrakel
11-16-2007, 09:01 PM
I have this bug and I play the 360-version. Quite sad that this sort of thing happens to a otherwise great game. Hope we can get a fix asap. I'll be collecting flags meanwhile. ;D

bobbyg27
11-17-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure it saves when you collect flags now. I could be wrong, maybe I'll check.

I've also heard reports of people playing again and the glitch not being present. Has anyone been able to somehow get around it?

jonavoly
11-17-2007, 10:17 AM
all minor bugs (of which there are infinite http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif) are on the 360...

Freezing is also found on 360 but mostly freezez on ps3...

XNeofX
11-17-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm on the PS3, Never had this problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bobbyg27
11-18-2007, 05:48 PM
This bug can be fixed if you unplug your second controller.

thuganaut
11-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Just happened to me.... tried restarting, but same thing happens. First I get to the area with the archers... and after I dispatch them I walk and fall into the ground. Then they restart me at that area with two Altairs.

This blows...I was totally digging the game and now it won't let me finish because it'll freeze if I keep playing. I'm gonna return it. Fyi, I have the 360 version.

venom360
11-18-2007, 05:54 PM
1-PLUG A SECOND CONTROLLER

2-GO TO THE LAST ZONE WITH THE HORSE (THE SAME ZONE WHERE YOU FALL WITH THE HORSE AND THEN 2 ALTAIR APPEAR)

3-ONCE YOU ENTER THE ZONE DISCONNECT SECOND CONTROLLER

4-PLAY NORMALLY AND GAME WILL SAVE AFTER THE MISSION

chevelle71_05
11-18-2007, 06:28 PM
I came across this as well, instead of turning the system off, when I would die I would let it load itself, needless to say after 3-4 attempts to play through it, it worked.

xXTH3M3X1CANXx
11-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Yeah I had the same problem on the 360 version. I would fall through the level in Arsuf after passing the 3 archers, then respawn with 2 Altairs. I had some things plugged into my usb ports, and a controller plugged in. I removed the usb things and disconnected the 2nd controller. Doing this seemed to help. The ending is pretty good. sets up for a sequel! :-)

kew414
11-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Wow, so many people are having troubles... Kinda hard to imagine when my copy was perfect the whole way through http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Swiftor
12-01-2007, 07:53 AM
As mentioned previously, the fix is just making sure you only have 1 controller powered on when entering the area. After that, everything works great.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Is it really necessary to resurrect an old thread on this issue? There are plenty of threads covering this and the solution has been posted tens of times. The forum search feature is very easy to use. Just look for 'Arsuf bug' - there are seven separate threads that cover this issue and all of them have the solution.