PDA

View Full Version : Problem finding save file (AC2)

Farferello
07-07-2011, 01:33 PM
I wanted to have a backup save of my Assassin's Creed 2 game just in case anything ever went wrong with my computer but I can't find the save file in any of the places I've seen suggested in other topics of a similar question.

I have checked C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\storage but I don't have a folder that says 'storage' and I have checked C\Users\Your Name\Appdata\Local\Ubisoft\ but that doesn't have a saved game folder either (unlike AC and AC:B which do have that save folder.)

Does anyone know where else it might be? I did turn off 'enable save game synching' on the uplay bit and even started a new save session but that hasn't done anything either.

I'm really quite confused and I can't think of anywhere else it could be. Does anyone have a suggestion?

justinpunny
07-07-2011, 01:58 PM

yes, I think you were looking under the correct Path, if I'm not mistaken.

Btw, have you checked and confirmed this Windows Path/folder location e.g. C:\Users\--YOURUSERNAMEHERE--\AppData\Local\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegame_storage\--RANDOMLETTERSANDNUMBERS--\4\

Farferello
07-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Well for me, my path isn't like that. I have C:\documents and settings\username\appdata\Ubisoft (and then three folders for each game but no ubisoft game launcher) or C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft game launcher\ but that doesn't have a save game storage folder in it either.

The only folders I have in the Ubisoft game launcher folder are: 'cache,' 'data,' 'imageformats' and 'logs'

delmembrane
08-18-2011, 03:28 AM
Mate (justinpunny) this path: C:\Users\--YOURUSERNAMEHERE--\AppData\Local\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegame_storage\--RANDOMLETTERSANDNUMBERS--\4\ worked for me, thanks.

And Farferello here is the difference:

Yours:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft game launcher\

His:

C:\Users\--YOURUSERNAMEHERE--\AppData\Local\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegame_storage\--RANDOMLETTERSANDNUMBERS--\4\

Paladijno
10-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Great. Thank you justinpun.

AnthonyA85
10-06-2011, 02:24 PM
It depends what OS your using, XP and Vista/7 (and presumably 8) use different path setup.

Besides, if you checked the "Synch Saves Online" in the Ubisoft Launcher for AC2, then it'll all be backed up online for you anyway.