PDA

View Full Version : How to change skins in campaign?

RCAF_Irish_403
07-18-2006, 04:53 AM
How do i replace the default skins in a user made campaign?

I would like to change skins for all the AC (AI included)

thanks

RCAF_Irish_403
07-18-2006, 04:53 AM

thanks

Friendly_flyer
07-18-2006, 07:39 AM
You'll have to edit the skin set by the maker for every single mission. It's a bit of a task, and it spoils the fun if you are familiar with the Full Mission Builder.

FlatSpinMan
07-18-2006, 08:01 AM
You could go into the FMB,open the mission, click on every flight, select every plane, scroll through every skin and save it. You could also open up the .MIS file and copy and paste the correct skin code into the appropriate flight's info. That would also take a wee while but might be easier, especially if every plane in the flight is wearing the same skin.

Chuck_Older
07-18-2006, 09:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RCAF_Irish_403:

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Irish-

there is no way to change Default skins, the sim doesn't let you. You can put custom skins on every aircraft, but to make the defaults a different skin is not something you can do

tomtheyak
07-18-2006, 09:51 AM
HOLD ON!

There IS a way to do this, but it requires some .DB file editing, these files found in the Dgen folder in the root Il2/PF folder.

I'll need some info 1st b4 I can explain, so if ur interested please let me know which campaign it is, what skins u r after and if u r comfortable with editing the DB files (not much to go wrong if ur careful).

thefruitbat
07-18-2006, 10:00 AM
you can do it to dgen campaigns, i do it all the time, you do indeed have to edit the correct db file BEFORE you start the campaign, but to do it to a user made campaign is different, you would have to edit all the missions in the campaign one by one....

cheers fruitbat

tomtheyak
07-18-2006, 11:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thefruitbat:
... but to do it to a user made campaign is different, you would have to edit all the missions in the campaign one by one....

cheers fruitbat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oooops! My bad, missed the very crucial bit of info there.

"Pay attention 007!"

Ignore me, http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'm an idiot

RCAF_Irish_403
07-18-2006, 05:02 PM
I see...thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Zeus-cat
07-18-2006, 06:56 PM
You can change the skins in a few missions using the FMB and then edit the rest of the missions in notepad using the format from the ones you changed in the FMB (be careful!!!!!!!). This way you won't ruin any surprises you would see by using the FMB to edit all of the missions.