PDA

View Full Version : If there were mod tools...

Mazena86
03-03-2010, 10:17 AM
I know mod tools are a wild dream that is unlikely to become a reality, BUT after releasing Assassin's Creed 3, I have no idea what would stop them from releasing one. What would they want to 'protect'? Mod tools is one of the most powerful ways to lengthen the lifespan of a game. This game would become legendary, let me tell you.

Hmm, mods that I would want to see first would include:
- No beggars or such annoying NPCs that harrass you.
- The ability to skip cutscenes. They're fun to watch only once. Those long and tedious cutscenes greatly reduce my motivation to play AC more than once.
- No de-synchronize when killing civilians.
- Skippable 'Save citizen' scenes.
- Quiet down the citizens' cries for help or the guards' looping shouts "Thief! You are filth! That will cost you your life!"
- Harsher combat, this game is easy as pie.
- Less places to hide and less or no people sitting on benches during the night.
- Something useful to spend your money on.

I'm sure I could think of so many other great mods if I'd give it some more thought. Honestly, I would be willing to donate 200 euros to Ubisoft if they will release a modding tool for AC series - that's a lot from a poor University of Applied Sciences student living in Finland (not exactly the cheapest country).

swn32
03-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Mod tools always make a game better. Example Dragon Age Origins, a game which i played more than 6 times in th last 3 months because of the re-playability mods add. Modding is also fun.

adarwinter
03-04-2010, 12:30 AM
if there were abilities to mod AC the first thing i would do is significantly reduces health of the hero.
i dont own AC2 yet but the ezio-nator could have 5 health bars and still kick 15 guards' arses.

the next thing - make it so he can only carry 2 or 3 health posions.

maybe make stuff coast more.... dunno.

also, if u are talking about AC1 than i have a tool to limit altair's health to how many synch bars i like so i limited it to 1 so i cant make two mistakes and get hit more than once in a window of about 5 seconds or im dead. definitely makes combat more exciting.

monkeyuncle8
03-04-2010, 01:03 PM
The first thing I would do is fix the replay missions thing (I think I know what to do,but i am not entirely sure) and add some more weapons

Hayabusa Sushi
03-06-2010, 02:53 AM
A total conversion (too much Oblivion) that adds ALL of Italy and perhaps even Spain and beyond. (Spain because Ezio mentions going there when he meets Mario and he goes there in AC2 Discovery) Dunno, would be great though.

Perhaps more combat moves, kicking in the groin etc. Or the ability to use the Animus 2.0, with Abstergo's Memery Core to replay the life of Altair (including Altair's Chronicals)

Would take years!

swn32
03-06-2010, 04:40 AM
I want mod support to be a standard in PC gaming.

adarwinter
03-06-2010, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by swn32:
I want mod support to be a standard in PC gaming.

we can keep on dreaming :P

i would add more depth to the combat -
make is so it order to block or counter u have to turn towards the enemy attacking. if u face right and someone from the left is striking than u cant just press "block". u have to press "left+block".

also i would make blocking timing based like counters. u must press block only AFTER the enemy has started his attack. holding block will get u injured.

stuff like that. will add tond of reply value for a second playthrough or more challenge and more satisfying combat overall.

monkeyuncle8
03-06-2010, 08:08 AM
I wonder if game designers realize that adding mod tools make the game twice as popular, I men look at Oblivion I have finished the game like 2 years ago and I am still modding and the only reason I bought morrowind was so I could mod it

also releasing modding tools would be easy they just put up for download what they used

Mazena86
03-06-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm guessing publishers are the ones that don't get the idea that mod tools can greatly add to the experience and lengthen the lifespan of a game.

I won't quit hoping though. Maybe...just maybe, once they'll release AC3.

AnthonyA85
03-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Modding communities are getting screwed over more and more these days. The Total War and Dawn of War series are prime examples. The modability of the TW games dropped like a stone from ME2 onwards, with Empire bieng the least moddable of the lot, sure, the cummunity has come up with their own, but they've basically been left to fend for themselves.

And, from what I've heard, Dawn of War 2 is competely un-moddable, compared to the first Dawn of War game (and it's xpacks) which was practically open-source.
I think the most we will ever see for AC1/2/3 (if there is one) mod-tool wise, and even this is a 99% Impossiblity, will be a map-editor, but of course, it will most likely never happen. We can pretty much forget about ever seeing a .forge archive file extracter/browser.