PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully everyone has learned about buying Ubisoft games

ARustyFirePlace
06-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Never, ever buy them on release or even shortly after, because they never bother to fix them.

Brotherhood is a great example of this, as is RSV 1 and 2 and also Ruse.

Their games go onsale about 2 months later, and that's all their worth.

Rea1SamF1sher
06-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by ARustyFirePlace:
Never, ever buy them on release or even shortly after, because they never bother to fix them.

Instruction to get Ubi to work on a patch:

1. Report issues to Ubi Support!
2. Report issues to Ubi Support!
AND
3. Report issues to Ubi Support!

I have a feeling the most don't bother to contact them so they assume just a tiny playerbase has these issues, which is why there won't come any new patches although the game needs them. ACB and AC2 needs to get the Mouse Movement of the Multiplayer patched in. Saying this on the forums won't help though. You need to tell the support to do so.

iN3krO
06-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Andre202:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ARustyFirePlace:

Instruction to get Ubi to work on a patch:

AND

I have a feeling the most don't bother to contact them so they assume just a tiny playerbase has these issues, which is why there won't come any new patches although the game needs them. ACB and AC2 needs to get the Mouse Movement of the Multiplayer patched in. Saying this on the forums won't help though. You need to tell the support to do so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thought the mouse movement was intended to be like that xD

x24thProject
06-03-2011, 06:56 PM
AND

I have a feeling the most don't bother to contact them so they assume just a tiny playerbase has these issues, which is why there won't come any new patches although the game needs them. ACB and AC2 needs to get the Mouse Movement of the Multiplayer patched in. Saying this on the forums won't help though. You need to tell the support to do so.

You're right - most do not bother. That's why Ubi has the forums and most importantly - community managers. Key word here is "community". They are supposed to gather the collective community's opinions on different matters and report them when [IF EVER] developers request them.

And the reason why people despise contacting support is because they get the same automated answers over and over again. Seriously, if I want to be treated as a ****** - I'll just spend an afternoon with my parents... not exchange 47 emails with someone, who probably doesn't even have a vague idea of what the game looks like.

Jett202
06-04-2011, 12:00 AM
You're right - most do not bother. That's why Ubi has the forums and most importantly - community managers. Key word here is "community". They are supposed to gather the collective community's opinions on different matters and report them when [IF EVER] developers request them.

And the reason why people despise contacting support is because they get the same automated answers over and over again. Seriously, if I want to be treated as a ****** - I'll just spend an afternoon with my parents... not exchange 47 emails with someone, who probably doesn't even have a vague idea of what the game looks like.

Agreed.

ThaWhistle
06-04-2011, 12:46 AM

Pfft. none of those games have ANYTHING on Raven Shield. There must have been 20 patches, each as buggy as the last.

thornebrook
06-04-2011, 04:11 AM

This might be true for some issues, but I feel like there are popular complaints that they've been bombarded with, but still haven't been able to do anything about. The PC Templar Grade System has been broken for so many weeks now (I think more than 2 months already? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong), and I've seen the issue brought up repeatedly in the forums, with people mentioning what was said to them in their Support tickets, and tweeted to Ubisoft team members.

My own note to Support went as follows:

Greetings,

I would like to report a possibly broken Templar Grade System for the PC Multiplayer. This has been the fourth or fifth week that my templar grade scores have been wiped clean after the weekly update. I've attached screenshots taken right before the update, and then soon after -- the scores were all removed and the modes locked again as if I'd never played a ranked session before. I've been playing Ranked sessions ever since I reached level 50 weeks ago, but it never seems to reflect.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is Support's reply:

The issue you are referring to was an unavoidable consequence of the server maintenance work carried out recently.

Unfortunately in Technical Support we do not have access to the servers so there is nothing further we can do from here.

Thank you for your understanding.

Support replied within two days, which I appreciate. The succinct reply gives me the feeling that they've been asked about this issue numerous times already, but are powerless to solve it from their end, and that the people who do have access to the servers and could possibly fix it are either at a loss as well or are busy doing something else (ie, Revelations and E3). But I could be reading too much into it.

I'm not comfortable following up on an issue that I've been pointedly told could not be fixed by Support, so I'm not really sure what else I could do on my end. I've taken to chiming in now and then here in the forums, when topics involving bugs I've experienced arise. My tweet to CommDev Gabe (@UbiGabe on Twitter) asking for any word on whether or not the PC Templar Grade System was even still being worked on was ignored as well, but the dude's busy preparing for E3.

Sorry this got a bit long-winded.

medavroog
06-04-2011, 06:15 AM

Brotherhood is a great example of this

Would you mind to give the proof and state the facts to defend this claim of yours? After all, there are many players who have a much different point of view.

stevie-jay
06-04-2011, 07:02 AM
I hear a lot of complaints, but for me... the game is decent enough. Sure, it has it's quirks, but I haven't encountered any gamebreaking issues.

Mind you, I'm playing SP exlusively, so... :P

All in all, I'm buying revelations the second I can, can't wait to see the conclusion. \o/

Jett202
06-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by stevie-jay:
I hear a lot of complaints, but for me... the game is decent enough. Sure, it has it's quirks, but I haven't encountered any gamebreaking issues.

Mind you, I'm playing SP exlusively, so... :P

All in all, I'm buying revelations the second I can, can't wait to see the conclusion. \o/

I think that many of the issues are in multiplayer, not single player. Single player is fine, but the multiplayer aspect of the game is down-right.
<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

shatterddestiny
06-07-2011, 04:48 AM
Agreed.
Wasted most of my paycheck to buy that stupid game just for the multiplayer while my friends downloaded the game and played for free. Not in the multiplayer part but still without paying the extra 50$.
The singleplayer portion is fine but the multiplayer has ton of bugs which no one cares to fix and it won't even work for me anymore(stupid ubisoft server error). If that is the kind of support a pying customer gets, i'm not buying any ubisoft game again. EVER!

lockerxzx
06-11-2011, 01:07 AM

I understand that you have some problems with your game but don't drag others into your cause and don't try to convince them not to buy a game.

Wasted most of my paycheck to buy that stupid game just for the multiplayer while my friends downloaded the game and played for free. Not in the multiplayer part but still without paying the extra 50$.
Do you think the singleplayer part is worth $0 ??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif I'm sure it's worth at least $30.
You just bought a game in your first time and you already started complaining so much about it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

BlueWallpaper
06-11-2011, 05:36 AM
why shouldn't he drag everyone else into it? he's totally right. the multiplayer doesn't work and if like me you bought the game for that then how can you be anything but feel whole heartedly ripped off that they're not even trying to fix it.

i agree with him - don't buy UBISOFT games.

Jett202
06-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by BlueWallpaper:
why shouldn't he drag everyone else into it? he's totally right. the multiplayer doesn't work and if like me you bought the game for that then how can you be anything but feel whole heartedly ripped off that they're not even trying to fix it.

i agree with him - don't buy UBISOFT games.

It's true, he's warning other people about wasting their money on a glitchy game. I'm convinced that medavroog is a fanboy, but the rest of us can see the glitches right in front of our face. If so many people are complaining about the game, there is obviously an issue. Ubisoft sure isn't going to warn people about their low-quality multiplayer system, why shouldn't people who have already wasted their money? There is a consistent pattern of issues coming up in the game and being ignored. If that's the case for one game, why should I spend my money on another? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...Lets just say that they'll lose a bit of money from this blundering. At least they'll still have medavroog's dollars.

Black_Widow9
06-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by x24thProject:

Please see the details of what Forum Managers and Community Managers do here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2961017947#XIII) because our duties are different but similar. I can ensure you that your Feedback/issues are collected and passed on.
The reason you need to contact Ubisoft Support is because they are directly responsible for the Support issues within a game. You may not like creating a Ticket but each one counts. If you do not report the issues to Support than the details of problems are lost and are less likely to be fixed.