PDA

View Full Version : Guild Challenges HELP!

psRuggR
11-20-2010, 07:05 AM
I'm almost done with all the diff guild challenges, but for whatever reason I can't figure out one.

Courtesans Guild:
The 20 Enemies stationed at Guard Posts killed using the crossbow without being detected.

I have tried multiple things to see what worked, but I'm brain farting like crazy with this one. Anyone know what the hell to do for this??? lol

Thanks

kltviper
11-20-2010, 10:25 AM
Don't feel stupid, I'm having the same issue. Tried killing stationary guards, guards in the restricted areas around the captains, everything I can think of as well.

Piflik
11-20-2010, 10:44 AM
I got two of them, but I also don't know how...

Another strange one is the Mercenary's Kill guards while on Horseback thing...I finally have it, but I don't really know which of all the guards I killed from my horse counted...I definitely killed a ton more while riding than needed (because I checked the **** repeatedly...sometimes I killed 8 guards in a row, but the counter increased by 1 only...sometimes not at all...)

kltviper
11-20-2010, 10:49 AM
The merc kill on horseback is air assassinate. Just finished that one myself.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-20-2010, 10:51 AM
None of the guards I'm killing with the crossbow are counting for some reason.

I'm also having trouble Assassinating from a Blend spot. I'm hiring courtesans to be my blend but they aren't working well, no guards pass by any benches or haystacks. I've got 1 somehow, but it's a frustrating challenge.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Now I'm bumping into guards sitting on a bench and killing when the approach, that's not counting either. How do you get the crossbow and blend kills? I can't think of any other way to do this crap, and no clue how I got the first one.

Piflik
11-20-2010, 12:26 PM
you can get blend-spot kills easily from haystacks...there are always some seekers poking around them (chrchrchr...pun...)

There are two horse related challenges from the Mercenaries...the air assassination thing is easy...it's the other one that puzzled me...not because it is difficult, but because it is kinda obscure which kill counts and which doesn't.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-20-2010, 12:32 PM
I figured out the Haystacks and got all the horses. Now all I have left for Courtesans are killing guards with a crossbow. ANY tip on that challenge would be VERY helpful. I've killed 4 guards from above that stand outside some double arch passageways at the bottom of stairs, they don't count. I tried Red Zone guards too on the bridge outside the Castel Sant Angelo. I'm stumped.

LordDeathsBlood
11-20-2010, 12:37 PM
the guard post is hard to figure out at first but once you get it its easy its the guards that ar posted guarding some thing like a treasue, store or doorway the have to be at attention standing in one spot and they cant be talking to each other also i got the guard on horse back buy only killing guards that were on horseback while i was on horse back

LordDeathsBlood
11-20-2010, 12:49 PM
but what i need help with is the theives from horse to beam can anyone explain how to get it

Yoshack Fyre84
11-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Horse to beam? I have no clue, but when you're riding your horse at gallop you can tap A and you STAND on your horse. It keeps running and you can jump. You probably know this though.

psRuggR
11-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the tips LordDeathsBlood on the crossbow.

On the horse to beam challenge, I did the following:

1. Get a horse (duh!)
2. Get out of the major city/town areas and into the country side.
3. Find a small village like place that has a wooden beam over the path and that is a pretty straight shot for when on the horse to pick up some speed.
4. When riding towards the beam hold the button to make the horse speed up and press the button to stand up (X for PS3).
5. As you're standing on the horse a headed at the beam still holding the button to go fast otherwise you'll sit back down, press "X" to jump onto the beam.
6. Just repeat over and over at same spot.

I'll give you a heads up on what does and does not count. When you jump, if you spin and flip youself up onto the beam then it counted, but if you just jump and hang from the beam and have to pull yourself up, then it wont count. You just have to play with timing the jump.

psRuggR
11-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Oh, and in what district did you find most of the "stationed" guards?

Or

Is there a particular memory that would have a number of them?

Yoshack Fyre84
11-20-2010, 05:28 PM
I actually haven't seen a single STATIONED guard yet. I remember them from Assassin's Creed II, I'd drop down on a treasure from above and there'd be two guys guarding the door with their back to me. They must be in the Eastern or South East section of Rome, because I've been all over the Northwest, West and Southwest. That's just my theory, I hope I find them. About to go hunting!

psRuggR
11-20-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm about to start going through memories to find some. I'll post if I find one that'll work well as a grind.

Wither
11-21-2010, 01:49 AM
There are some very minor spoilers in this post. I will list a faction as a point of reference for identifying a guard post.

After a lot of searching I think I finally figured this one out... for quite some time I thought the guard posts might be those phone booth looking things you see every once in a while in town but I could never find any guards actually guarding near them.

The issue for me was that I didn't start trying to do this challenge until quite late in the game so the guard posts are actually unmanned. The guard posts actually seem to be those wooden forts out in the plains that were manned by French troops (guys who look like town guard but wear blue instead of red).

Apparently once you complete a certain story memory the French troops all disappear. I had to go back and replay a memory in the early game so that there would be guards in these guard posts (really they're more like keeps).

I also learned that apparently it is not enough to go inside undetected and silently kill all the enemies, you actually seem to need to hire courtesans to distract the guards while you pick them off.

The memory I used to complete this part of the challenge was Sequence 4, Memory 7. "Human Cargo" is the name of the specific memory.

You start out near the docks. Just run to the closest instant travel tunnel (I used the thieves guild) and choose to go to the (edit, did some more checking and the "Colle Viminale" tunnel is actually much closer, spits you out right at the entrance to the fort basically) barracks. From the barracks, leave out the southern door and turn right. You'll see three paths. The path you want is the one that goes uphill into the small town there. Follow that road through town and follow it to your right. Soon you'll hit another town gate, from here straight ahead you can see the guard station.

There are two guards at the door and a group of courtesans next to them. Hire the courtesans and tell them to distract the door guards, ideally they may also lure the patrol over, though this is not something that happens every time. At any rate once you're through the door camp go to the nearest tent on your left and put that tent between you and the rest of the guards and pick off the two at the door. In turn this should lure a couple other guards over.

Killing the guards investigating the corpses doesn't always give credit but I averaged 4-6 credits per play of the memory.

I'm sure this isn't the only way of getting this credit, but this is the only way I know of. If anyone has a better method by all means post.

LordDeathsBlood
11-21-2010, 03:02 AM
there are quite a few in the wooden walled guard camp by the guard tower in the middle of the lake close to the merc barracks. There are two brutes guarding a treasure and there are like three or so guarding the entrance to the camp

psRuggR
11-21-2010, 06:33 AM
Thanks!! I replayed that memory a few times and got it.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-21-2010, 09:12 PM
I came across a fort like that, just have to remember where it is! THANK YOU!

Kytr
11-22-2010, 04:03 PM
One of the best places to find stationed guards is in front of locked shops in Borgia controlled regions.

Mechanical_Spin
11-22-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm doing the 'jump from horse to beam' challenge, I'm doing what I'm supposed to, I even have 1/20, but no matter what I do it doesn't count the ones I'm doing now. Glitch?

BigDawgGP45
11-23-2010, 04:51 AM
the best way to complete the coutresens guild challenge in questionis to do a templar agent mission called counter-propaganda there are two guards stationed at a poster looking at it you should climb the house behind them pick one off and hide quickly if the other guard sees you then the challenge will not count whait for the other guard to return after serching then pick him off then finish the mission and repeat this should take about 10 times depending on weather you get caught

remember dont get spotted after you shoot the guard otherwise it will not count

BigDawgGP45
11-23-2010, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Mechanical_Spin:
I'm doing the 'jump from horse to beam' challenge, I'm doing what I'm supposed to, I even have 1/20, but no matter what I do it doesn't count the ones I'm doing now. Glitch?

this is not a glitch its all about timing, first find a beam that isnt conected from one structure to another preferably in wide open spaces, you will need the running room, i went to a place just east of the collosium, get a nice running start, stand on the horse, press forward on the directional stick jump when your horses head is right under the beam, if ezio flips on to the beam then you did it right, if he just hangs on the beam then it will not count

it takes timing and alot of patience, i got frustrated at first but i finally got it

psRuggR
11-23-2010, 05:33 AM
BigDawg is right on the money! It is frustrating, but once you get the timing down, it'll go really quick.

Mechanical_Spin
11-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by BigDawgGP45:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mechanical_Spin:

this is not a glitch its all about timing, first find a beam that isnt conected from one structure to another preferably in wide open spaces, you will need the running room, i went to a place just east of the collosium, get a nice running start, stand on the horse, press forward on the directional stick jump when your horses head is right under the beam, if ezio flips on to the beam then you did it right, if he just hangs on the beam then it will not count

it takes timing and alot of patience, i got frustrated at first but i finally got it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...But that is exactly what I'm doing. Flipping and everything. Still no counts.

RomanDozer
11-24-2010, 02:43 PM
CONTAINS SPOILER!!!

Memory Six on the DNA strand, the blue armored French guards (The episode where you have to kill 20 discreetly so that Bartolomeo's men (The Barracks Guild Leader) can dress up in disguises and enter the French jerk's fortress where Bartolomeo's wife is being held.

Most of them are standing with their arms crossed. ARMS CROSSED. There are the chaps you want to snipe and then run around a corner or behind a solid object to break line of sight. Poison darts work beautiful for that. Hope that helps! Happy slaughtering http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

iiAudioManii
11-28-2010, 04:51 PM
About the guard post issue- i just remembered before you burn the borgia towers some of the shops that cant be baught yet (because the towers havent been ignited) have gurds stand there guarding them... perhaps they qualify as guard posts...

StarZtorm
12-27-2010, 08:53 AM
As for guard posts. Replay the second mission in sequence 6. The guards with folded arms counts as stationed guards. I got mine by doing this.

But im having trouble with getting the horseback kills from the mercenary guild... Anyone have an advice on this??

I did all the others. just need this one and im done. Will be happy to answer questions about the other ones....

Edit: I think i found out the horseback kill... If your on a horse, and air assasinate another rider, i.e. Jumping from your horse to the other one, kill rider with hidden blade and then continue riding. Just lock on to the other rider with your hidden blade selected, then press kill button when in range... this seems to work everytime for me.

colan33
12-29-2010, 11:29 AM
I have all guild challenges done EXEPT this 1:
Kill 5 guards FROM camouflaged places???
Guards are those stupid things standing with arms crossed. I know that.
But where do i find camouflaged spots???
I have 2/5!

StarZtorm
12-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Hey, u kill those by hieding in hay wagons, wells or such.. Just hide in a hay wagon, when one of the guards come poking, kill him by dragging him in there.

Easy peasy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

colan33
12-31-2010, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by StarZtorm:
Hey, u kill those by hieding in hay wagons, wells or such.. Just hide in a hay wagon, when one of the guards come poking, kill him by dragging him in there.

Easy peasy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Nope!
By gards it means they have to stand with theyr armes crossed.
I find NONE of those near haystacks.
They were by Borgia towers but you can`t play those again.
8(

StarZtorm
01-01-2011, 04:47 AM
hmm... well then i would advice you to replay sequence 6, second mission...

Then you will find french guards standing all over the place. with some luck you will get it there.

colan33
01-01-2011, 11:34 AM
8)
Those guards have NO cammoplaces nearby.
Well,i`m 100& synk so i`m onto online mode.
But thx for those answers.

Matanooska
01-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by psRuggR:
Oh, and in what district did you find most of the "stationed" guards?

Or

Is there a particular memory that would have a number of them?

Memory Sequence 6 is supposed to be full of these Guards (with the French army loitering around and all). The give away for them is if they are standing in front of a camp/door/etc with their arms crossed over their chests, then they are your target for this challenge.

P.S. I haven't completed this one yet either. I am planning on re-playing Memory 6 to do it, and get a couple of Uplay points for the effort.

Good luck!

EDIT: Apologies for the possible duplicate data. I only reas the 1st page and thought some help was still needed.