PDA

View Full Version : Help Installing ACE's expansion pack - Fileplanet version of IL2:FB

MausGMR
10-12-2004, 04:22 PM
dloaded the hitpoint version of IL2:FB off fileplanet, loved it to death, so i bought the expansion pack. However, having probs installing it as the expansion isnt picking up the location of the game itself, was wondering if anyone was clued in on this problem and knew a work around?

MausGMR
10-12-2004, 04:22 PM
dloaded the hitpoint version of IL2:FB off fileplanet, loved it to death, so i bought the expansion pack. However, having probs installing it as the expansion isnt picking up the location of the game itself, was wondering if anyone was clued in on this problem and knew a work around?

Lateralus_14
10-12-2004, 04:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MausGMR:
dloaded the hitpoint version of IL2:FB off fileplanet, loved it to death, so i bought the expansion pack. However, having probs installing it as the expansion isnt picking up the location of the game itself, was wondering if anyone was clued in on this problem and knew a work around? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's the hitpoint version of FB? Is it the same as the retail? I'm not sure installing Aces over a non-retail version of FB will work. Do you have just Aces or the Gold Pack, which includes the full versions of both FB and AEP?

123-Wulf-JG123
10-12-2004, 05:16 PM
As far as I know there is no legally downloadable version of FB?
If its a legal version check that you are pointing the AEP to the proper file location.

steve_v
10-12-2004, 05:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MausGMR:
dloaded the hitpoint version of IL2:FB off fileplanet, loved it to death, so i bought the expansion pack. However, having probs installing it as the expansion isnt picking up the location of the game itself, was wondering if anyone was clued in on this problem and knew a work around? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I know your copy is legit. Post in Community/tech support with the exact error message you're getting and we'll go from there.

link: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=frm&s=400102&f=49310655

dwieser
10-12-2004, 07:56 PM
First open regedit go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE" ubisoft IL_2sturmovik forgotten battles .Then right click on IL_2sturmovick forgotten battles and select new string value Then type in
"language" as the new string value. hit enter then right click on language then select modify and enter "en_us" close regedit