PDA

View Full Version : How do people pull off 700+ pt. kills everytime? I need help. + I'm crying

Wile E Coyoteee
11-20-2010, 06:43 AM
I know about the challenges list and the multipliers and all that, it wasn't a game mechanic question so much as a "how do they pull them off though?" question.

When I first started the game, (which I came in 2 days late so I was only level 1 surrounded by 10's), I was taking top 3 almost every game, racking up scores in the high 3k's to mid 4k's. Now, I have to struggle hard to pull in more than 1k a match.

I must be missing something or maybe I'm not doing something I used to.

If you stay in a crowd too long, you get picked out usually, due to templar vision, random guesses, or the fact that you've been there so long your pursuer knows you're in it and he just waits for you to break off and then kills you for 700pts even though he wasn't locked onto you long enough for a Focus Bonus or even in range to hit X right away. Not sure how people flag their target down like that without running?

And, if you're not immediately by a crowd with civs that look like you, you'll be spotted by your pursuer going into a crowd, so that kills you.

BEST case scenario, you're left alone, but moving at the speed of a turtle, which I'm totally fine with and like, except for the fact that your target is on the other side of the map, and he's probably moving faster than you are. At the least, he's on the other side of the map moving at the same speed.

So, how do you get to him before getting killed yourself, in an EFFICIENT time? Stalking someone for 6 minutes to get a 400 incognito kill when 60% of the match has already gone by is not efficient. You will have 400 while everyone else has 1600+. I'm asking that as an honest question, because I don't know what to do anymore.

That raises another question.. Let's say you're stalking your target pretty well, you're pretty sure you're not being pursued too hard, and your target is near, but.. He starts jogging or sprinting, what do you do? As a side question, what do you do if your circle is damn near full, and he runs by you from the left side of the screen to the right, do you run and stab him quick? You only get 150 for that. And anytime someone IS walking slow, they're looking behind them, so you can't sneak up on them without getting smoke bombed and stunned.

I need some kind of tips, some kind of guidance on how to get these 600+ kills every kill. I don't seem to know when to run and when to join a crowd or walk slow anymore.

I used to NEVER sprint at ALL when I first started, unless I had no pursuer (which usually only happens for about 5 seconds tops which is fine). So I thought that was my problem, that maybe I was running or jogging too much now.. But, most everyone else jogs and runs, at least now and then, so you have to if you want the kill, right? Idk. But my whole point was, I've spent several matches now never using sprint unless I had no pursuer on the HUD, and... Still only netted about 1000 points a game. 1200 on a good game. I'm not a roof camper either, though I go up there to get my targets; have to. I try to wait on the street first to make sure they're near me on the roof before I jump up there, but, again even if they're close, they know you're coming for em and they run.. Which prompts you to run, which gets you 100-150 if you even get the kill. Not 700+ like everyone else gets every kill.

I'm confused, crying, and asking for help in a serious way all in the same thread. Help me please, it's getting out of control. I love the game but I'd like to be good like I used to be. This is the only game I've ever played where I actually got WORSE with experience. I normally dominate every video game I play online, and it's infuriating that I'm getting bested by spaztic, A.D.D.-riddled 13 year olds who run around giggling and singing all match while racking up 4k, and you know they have the attention span of a fruit fly. There is no reason they should be beating out a patient, intelligent person. I know, the joke is, "If you were so smart you'd be taking 1st! loloulzuilz!" but seriously.

Don't know what to do anymore. Help please.

Maybe I'm playing too defensively? I'm very paranoid about getting killed. Idk.

Xkorpio_769
11-20-2010, 07:08 AM
Hello, I have played with you before lol

Okay in response to your question. 700+ kills can be earned by chocking up challenges, and bonuses. Like incognito, mid-air, chain, lure, or some other stuff. And if you want to get to your target quick, you can use a little method, with angles. The compass does not flash unless you reveal yourself to your target. Which means, if any part of your body can be seen by your target, then your compass will flash up. So, lock on, and try to anticipate where he goes. There was once, my target was quite far, heading my way as the compass got bigger. I hid in a haystack. Waited for a while, killed him, 500 score. woots. Got an achievement. And if you want to evade your pursuer, use the stun method. Only do this if there are like 2/3 pursuers. Go to an isolated part of the rooftops, use TEMPLAR VISION to locate targets and pursuers. When you are on the rooftops, and if you have like 2/3 pursuers, that means most of the people coming to your side of the roofs are your pursuers. So wait, appear as if your AFK. When they are in range, SMOKE BOMB em and stun. Or you could use the morph method. MORPH in a moving crowd, and when they get close, but unsure, just SMOKE BOMB em and stun. You should always check their levels and plan accordingly.

TheXenon
11-20-2010, 08:52 AM
As a level 40 with pretty much no life out side this game you can take my advice and trust that I have great experience in this matter.

I used to always walk slow for incognito kills but as you said you get picked off way too quickly or it takes for ever to catch up to your target. So what I do is sprint up to my target whilst making sure that my pursuer is not too close ( it's okay if he's trying to catch up to you because chances are he'll likely start to sprint/jog and there will be a red icon above his head so be ready to smoke bomb / stun him. ) every time you sprint to catch up to your target make sure that he's not in your camera view so that you don't go below incognito.

Then once you finally catch up to him about 10-20M away you start fast walking and make sure you use lock on him as much as you can.

There are a few things that will happen at this point. A. you'll get killed because you weren't watching your surroundings or B. another person pursuing the same target as you was faster or was just lucky and was in the same area as his target got to him and killed him before you.

If you manage to fast walk up to him inside a group which will give you the hidden bonus that's +200 points and if you're sneaky enough you can pull off a focus like I like to try and attempt but don't always successfully pull off.

Know that kills are not the only way to get a lot of points, I know that stuns and escapes are very useful in racking up a bunch of points.

Anyways, hope some of those tips help you.

EDIT: I usually start off sprinting towards my target but only when he's not in my camera view so I don't go below incognito, can't stress this enough! It's very important that they don't see you but that you still manage to keep up! You don't wanna ruin a 1050 point kill by having to chase your target and end up only getting 150 or not getting a kill at all! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also don't be too afraid of losing contracts intentionally, I know that when noob targets are roof camping and I'm 1st/2nd place I have a lot of pursuers so I don't want to go out into the open on a roof top and just get my self killed. So sometimes I kill a random civ on purpose to get a new target, one that's easier to kill and doesn't force me out into the open.

Good luck man!

Wile E Coyoteee
11-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Ahh ok, thanks, that helps alot!! Some of this stuff I forget sometimes. So do you wait till your target is around a corner and then run, and then go into a crowd for a second to watch for enemies (even though they know where you are cause you were running)? And then run again until you're good and close if you havn't been killed yet?

And do you run with your camera aimed behind you to look?

obliviondoll
11-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Incognito + hidden + poison = 800 point kill.

Target doesn't know who you are, you're in a bland group/hide spot, and you poison them.

Minus poison it's still a solid 600 to build on with chain, poacher, revenge etc.

The Demonborn
11-20-2010, 11:14 AM
What mainly annoys me on this is the same as what annoyed me on Chaos Theory; nobody seems to be able to grasp the concept of stealth. I usually end up in games full of complete noobs running about on rooftops, and I'm reluctant to go after them because I just want to play slealthily, the way it's meant to be played. I lose, generally, in these games, because I get little done. What really bugs me is that all these people run about, don't play the game the way it should be played, and get rewarded for it, while those who are playing stealthily (the 'Assassin' part of the title seems to hint at this element of the game) are punished, because their targets sprint across the map before they can do anything, and their pursuers burst out of nowhere to kill them. Maybe it's just me. I like to play it stealthily, because it's a stealth game.

SoraXIII
11-20-2010, 12:13 PM
I like to play it stealthily, because it's a stealth game.

I completely agree. This is why I play manhunt.

MGP21
11-20-2010, 12:21 PM
if your in a match full of runners you should probably use th gun and blend in to make your persuer kill a civilian or stun him or even escape, cause when they run close to you they have to chase you but your hidden so they lose there contract. do this and you be in the top 3 at the very least. i tend to do this along with some stealthy kills and i win with some good 3k or 4k points while the runners get 1k or 2k at best

berm87
11-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Also, although I'm not sure how useful it is, never follow your target into a chase-breaking gate. Civilians don't go in there, and it's a clear indication that you're following them. Make sure the line of sight is broken and that they don't see you exiting the gate.

KCizzll
11-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Things to note:

EDIT! - Most importantly! DO NOT walk straight towards someone who you think might be watching.
It makes people suspicious. Come at an oblique angle, trying to take the paths the NPCs use. I'll try and look like I'm walking past someone then at the last second turn around and gank 'em.

-The 'whispering' happens when a pursuer close by has broken incognito. So if you hear it you better watch out as you've probably been spotted if you aren't well blended. And if you break it when pursuing, your quarry will be on the defensive.
When I hear this I usually run to break line of sight then go on the defensive.

-After kills people often take off running. You should expect this and do this.
So if you can't fast walk there in time do a couple steps of jogging THEN RELEASE TRIGGER BEFORE STRIKING. If your jogging was minimized you can still get a silent kill. If you hold trigger while assassinating you will always do a high profile (read: low points) kill.

-If you see your target run by out of reach:
Head them off. Look at which way they're heading and run that way then slow down to a walk when going around corners that might bring you into sight.
Typically they'll loop around, try and catch them walking/running towards you and they'll be left head-scratching.
If they're pure roof-monkeys you're probably better off just killing a civvy.

-If you get a good kill or two early you will be assigned multiple pursuers! Time to go on the defensive and look for the stun. Load up on defensive abilities (smoke bomb/mute/decoy/morph/disguise/etc). And secondary slots should help cooldowns whenever possible.
Then hide in an area with several clones around and scan for people jogging in.

-Morph/smoke is a potent combo. Walk around in a morphed group for protection. If anyone tries to morph your group you bomb them. If you get blinded I rotate LS and jam O. Don't panic if they smoke you, it doesn't give you away. Smoke them when it ends and stun 'em.

Eddie84777
11-20-2010, 11:21 PM
what are you meaning when you say "Whispering" i could see how i can use this.. do you mean the same "whispering" like you hear the in singal player.. in singal player it sounds like someone is whispering Etsio.

if so i havent really heard it online but i will start listening for it.

Eddie

KCizzll
11-20-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm not sure how to better describe it. Dozens of voices whispering, like the dull roar of the ocean.

Nick1021
11-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Same whispering in single player when get near the end of the mission.

Rainie
11-21-2010, 03:11 AM
From the hunter perspective, I've found it better to try and cut off your target as they're walking or running. If my compass is still gray I'll watch the movement of my target to try and guess where they'll be next. I used to stalk my target but then I found that took too long and by the time I caught up I've either got killed or my target knows it's me

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
From the hunter perspective, I've found it better to try and cut off your target as they're walking or running. If my compass is still gray I'll watch the movement of my target to try and guess where they'll be next. I used to stalk my target but then I found that took too long and by the time I caught up I've either got killed or my target knows it's me
This works for me too.

Especially against runners.

MuddledMuppet2
11-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriticalraine:
This works for me too.

Especially against runners. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1

A good hunter doesn;t chase after a target, a good hunter works out where a target is going and waits for him. If Carlsberg employed hunters...

Wile E Coyoteee
11-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys, all good stuff! Alot of this stuff I USED to do when I was a brand-spanking newb, because it was smart, common sense. However after playing games with countless with window-licking ******s, I started acting like them because it seemed they were beating me out some games. I should've never really started sprinting to begin with, it makes you lazy and makes you want to use it all the time.

I'll keep this thread handy and keep reviewing it when I'm starting to have bad games again!

Oh, in addition, another thing I've noticed.. When you're in a crowd, the game naturally slowly moves you to the back even if you transitioned into it in the front. If you don't have firecrackers or templar vision or anything and you're forced to guess? Hit the person furthest back. It's the right choice most of the time. And if you know your target is in a crowd but he joined it when around the corner and you couldn't see which one he is, just wait a little while for someone to drift to the back. That's usually your guy!

On that same note, when the game first came out everyone said "When you're in a crowd, let go and let the game do the walking for you!".. Now, knowing this information, I tend to manually walk in crowds when I'm not actively looking behind me, so that I keep myself in the middle just incase my killer knows about the "drifting to the back" thing!

I know at least a few other people know about it, because last night I flipped out when I got killed by a guy who stabbed me in the face in a crowd and came from the front, yet used no abilities. I was like, "WTF why did you pick me? Was that just random dumb luck?" and in the 2 seconds or whatever where you can talk to each other before it mutes you, he went, "Cause you weren't the guy in front. Didn't use an ability, just assumed you the guy in back as usual."

Lesson learned there! Can't count the number of times I've been stabbed even in a morphed crowd when the guy didn't use templar or firecrackers! I think that's the reason why.

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Wile_E_Coyotee:
Oh, in addition, another thing I've noticed.. When you're in a crowd, the game naturally slowly moves you to the back

On that same note, when the game first came out everyone said "When you're in a crowd, let go and let the game do the walking for you!"
I let the crowd do the walking, but every now and then I run/fast walk a few steps to keep my place.

Works like a charm.

Also, avoid being the guy in the middle of the group, that's a conspicuous place too.

Wile E Coyoteee
11-21-2010, 10:56 AM
^ Yeah that's what I usually do, it's a good tip!

Also, I replaced my firecrackers/smoke bomb with mute, because you can use it offensively too. It's great for the people that think they're cheesing by going onto a rooftop and waiting for you so they can smoke bomb then stun you. I come up to em incognito, knowing they're waiting cause I'm obviously the only one on the roof, and I hit my mute as I'm walking up (which has a 6m radius, smoke only has a 3.2 meter, so I hit it around the 5meter mark or so), and they stand there while jamming the bumper and just let me kill them, it's hilarious!

It's also good for when you're stalking a guy and you know he's noticed you. Mute him and shank him and you'll hopefully at least get a 300 silent kill out of it.

The other awesome thing about mute is no one expects to be muted when pursuing you, so they don't get cautious until they're in smoke bomb range. It's hilarious when you mute them and then turn around to go after THEM and in their mind they're like, "Omg look at this idiot he's gonna walk right into my blade!" only to find they can't stab you and they get punched in the face. I don't think they can counter-stun you during a mute either! You just have to time the mute well because it only lasts 1.5 seconds until you get the longer lasting one.

Doesn't matter anyway, when people see "You have been muted and cannot use your abilities." or whatever it says on the screen, they PANIC, sometimes even run away, so I mean.. TECHNICALLY it's 1.5 seconds, but in PRACTICE, it's about 3 seconds, LoL. There's been times I know it's been at least a solid 2 seconds and I'll get the stun anyway while the other guy tries to figure out wtf is going on lol.