PDA

View Full Version : My Problems with Assassins Creed.

MFREI744
11-30-2011, 07:20 PM
First off I would like to start by saying im a huge fan of the series and am only expressing my negative feedback. If this belongs in another category or has already been said please forgive me I am new to forums.

That being said the first thing that bothered me about this game, and all other console expansions, is that they are expansions and not new games therefore should not be sold and priced as such. However, that is not the main concern of this post.

The thing that bothers me the most about Assassins creed is how easy it is. For a game as advanced as this I find it shocking that there are not different difficulties. How can you possibly expect every gamer to have the same ability? Because of this the games experience can be ruined if gamers are either to experienced or have the lack of.

On the other hand it bothers me that when I kill a group of guards in the middle of the marketplace that I can stand there for another 4 hours if I like. Why does the archer on the roof within eyesight choose to just sit there? I think to improve the game a new system should be implemented similar to that of Grand Theft Autos such that when you kill a guard you have to escape a certain radius on your map in order to stop being followed. They also make it such that if you do not do this more and more guards of higher level will begin to come until you are overwhelmed. I think this would not only make the game more challenging but add to the realism in that assassins operate more hit and run not hit and do nothing.

The only other complaint I have is to add more of the epic chase scenes that were so prevalent in Assassins Creed I. They made assassinations more unique and prevented people from bum rushing in past all guards and making an effortless kill.

Just my thoughts but would still like to say that I do love the game and only voice so many complaints because i would like to see it become even better.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

AssassinTrio
11-30-2011, 09:14 PM
First, back then, when guards would be killed in a certain area, other guards around the city wouldn't really know, for there is no communication.

Second, I do think that the archers not being able to see us is a weird thing but they get annoying as hell so, thank you Ubisoft for that.

I think they should add more running away missions, because it makes everything more epic. Also, they should zoom out the camera a bit more like in AC1 so that you can see more and absorb everything around you better.

kriegerdesgottes
11-30-2011, 09:24 PM
I think the difficulty of the game is fine especially now with the janissaries but I know a lot of people will agree with you on that one. I agree with everything else you said.

RzaRecta357
11-30-2011, 11:19 PM
I totally miss the being chased thing too. I loved the soundtrack and feel of that in AC1.

In fact, I also loved the Vlad the impaler mission as it had one of my favourite tunes from AC1.

Sako11
12-01-2011, 02:50 AM
Could not agree more broseph. I felt like the last game and it's expansion were solid, but that they'd have to switch quite a few things up to keep things engaging and interesting. I just rented Revelations on Gamefly and following a few hours of gameplay, promptly put it right back into it's envelope and mailed that sucker back. I just felt like I was playing the same game all over again. They are milking the same engine, combat and movement system for all it's worth.

Also, the fact that there is virtually no cover or stealth system other than blending bothers me to no end. I understand that he's supposed to be a high flying assassin, but they really could invest in a light cover system. Please, a CROUCH button for the love of God!!!

As for the guards, you are totally right. Way too easy... I mean, Metal Gear Solid I's guards were smarter than these baboons.

Montreal is my home town, and I expected more from this particular branch of Ubisoft.

zero4073
12-01-2011, 03:31 AM
I love it when games are easy. I play games to escape and relax. Which I can't do if I'm half a second away from throwing my controller through the window. I agree there should be a harder difficulty setting for gamers who want more of a challenge though.

ProdiGurl
12-01-2011, 05:54 AM
I do not miss being chased at all - and there's a brutal Janissary chase in this one that's plenty hard to escape from, that was plenty for me thank you.

Why does the archer on the roof within eyesight choose to just sit there? I think to improve the game a new system should be implemented similar to that of Grand Theft Autos such that when you kill a guard you have to escape a certain radius on your map in order to stop being followed.

K, do you realize how annoying, time consuming and redundant this would be after each kill?!

I'm all for the reality of things to a point, but let's keep in mind that this is still a GAME. This would ruin a whole lot of enjoyment imo.
==================

I love it when games are easy. I play games to escape and relax. Which I can't do if I'm half a second away from throwing my controller through the window. I agree there should be a harder difficulty setting for gamers who want more of a challenge though.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Actually, that was me in ACB and it was not pretty.

VexedRelic
12-01-2011, 06:16 AM
The open world should not really be difficult, have not play revelations yet but in AC:Brotherhood the borgia had setup towers through the whole city and basically made a military presence. So if anything the people in the town should throw money at you for defeating and killing those "evil" borgia guards.

For me the difficulty should be how you approach assassination missions to take out your target undetected and not hire some guards and take the fight to the target and this is the biggest personal gripe I have with AC2, that they moved away from assassinations and more towards combat.

UmairS.Zaheer
12-01-2011, 12:51 PM
so just adding some thoughts to this:

Before I start i must say I might miss somethings because every The first gameplay i do is just rushed to the end to see how the ending is and thats what i did with brotehrhood and revelations.

Now having said that, finishing brotehrhood wothout anything else and just teh missions make me more involved and I wanted to do everything like clean up teh whole map and I did ....

But revelations despite of alot of good things i really don't wanna play this game again. I am dissapointed a little bit. To me there were alot of things invloved and the story seemed so discontinued. I did'nt like the animus thing too that how desmond is lost and don't know wht's going on. I felt it was so discontinued form last game. Den defence was a pain..... waste of time. And an abrupt ending and yet again a mysteriosu ending. Desmond says " I think I know where to look". No offence the game should have worth only $25.... I still wanna play brotherhood bu tnot revelations. The game was at medium difficulty oevrall but i was surpised how easy was to get the seals. just jump around and no missions and you have the seal. wtf to that!

You guys remember getting the seals for armour in AC2. Even that was harder and more interesting than getting seals in this one. Although I did like playing as ALTAIR but Ezio's story ended in a strange way too. They must have shown or let us play a lil more to see what happened to Ezio? Like we played this character three stories long and then suddenly he quits not taking the Apple and everything ends? It didn't make sense to me. And I was expecting more twist in getting seals. I t was interesting how Ezio was helping Ottoman and it's good part of the game but that should have been like a side thing not the main stream line. The main focus would be past characters linked with this new game and Ezio is fighting his way off to get the seals. But it was just so easy to get the seals. And playing as ALTAIR was just a joke. A newly born can beat that.

I sure have more things but not time to list all the crap i believed i foudn in revelations.

And one last thing I don't understand is ubisoft becoming cheap now. I was expecting a decent long game and they could have let us strat another ASSASSIN and then continue for more in next one. But now it's more like a business I guess.

At last, ALTHOUGH i am disspointed in AC revelations but I still love it just because it is AC and i like playing it. But one thing is for sure I am not pre-ordering the next one liek all the previous ones as this was a dissapointment. And will see if the next one yields any result.

Like e-g. here is my big question "Why could'nt they combine may be brotherhood and then Revelations together". Sure it would have taken me 20 hours to finish the whole game then but it would be so interested and I would love it..For $70... AC GAMES DONT WORTH ANYTHING NOW. I WAS A BIG FAN ... BUT PROBABLY NOT ANYMORE. Will probably keep playing my old ones instead of buying new ones coming out.

And these are just my own suggestions and issues. I am sure some people won't like it and I apologize for that but I think as others I would never wanna quit playing AC so thats why i am getting my voice acrossed so they might listen to players and do some good stuff.

thanks,

K4RM4C0DE
12-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by UmairS.Zaheer:

Den defence was a pain..... waste of time.

I am pretty sure I'm the only person in the entire world that actually likes the Den Defense.

kriegerdesgottes
12-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by zero4073:

100% agree. Games are for recreation and should be fun. Difficulty is not fun for me. I agree there should be some level of difficulty but not downright hard. AC in my opinion handles this well enough.

Assassin_M
12-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by K4RM4C0DE:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UmairS.Zaheer:

I am pretty sure I'm the only person in the entire world that actually likes the Den Defense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhhhh No your not.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

E-Zekiel
12-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by K4RM4C0DE:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UmairS.Zaheer:

I am pretty sure I'm the only person in the entire world that actually likes the Den Defense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope! I like it too.

UmairS.Zaheer
12-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Ok! let's get real. It's not that I hated Den defence! But honestly it wasn't fun. Or may be i was just rushed to end the game. No, that's not it. Because as soon as the Noterity level fills and If you can't find a herald nearby ... boom! YOUR DEN UNDER ATACK.

Oh well it was something different at least!

UmairS.Zaheer
12-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by MFREI744:
That being said the first thing that bothered me about this game, and all other console expansions, is that they are expansions and not new games therefore should not be sold and priced as such. However, that is not the main concern of this post.

So True, I totally agree with you. AC revelations specially felt exactly an expansion to the Brotherhood! Like a DLC but on a bigger scale.

DavisP92
12-02-2011, 05:59 PM
I hope they have been making AC3 since ACB cuz if it's just the same as ACR just with small improvements it's gonna be a huge disapointment. And why do we still have armor and swords and daggers and a crossbow. As an assassin we shouldn't carry anything but hidden blades or something we can hide.