PDA

View Full Version : Is there an option to turn off the blood and gore???

Shaye1980
11-28-2009, 02:57 AM
My son wants to play AC2, but I'm not sure if there will be an option to turn the blood and gore off... please help!!!!!

Thanks if you can let me know. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Azugo
11-28-2009, 03:02 AM
There sure is! It's in the options menu somewhere. I haven't turned it off myself but I assume it does turn off all blood and gore. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

kingbren08
11-28-2009, 07:03 AM
how would he kill someone without gore?

CaptainP00face
11-28-2009, 10:00 AM
It doesnt really change much.. You still hit someone in the head with a sledge hammer, so why no gore with it?

Bixel4o
11-28-2009, 10:46 AM
give him to play with blood and gore make him a man not a women ...

No1_Assassin
11-28-2009, 10:57 AM
I hate parents like this. Why buy the game in the first place?

What's the difference between stabbing someone with blood and just stabbing someone without it? It's still violence.

And then the parents have the nerve to blame video games when their children turn out to be psychos.

Grafferu
11-28-2009, 11:26 AM
kids shouldn't play AC, they got Super Mario and stuff

An_Idea
11-28-2009, 11:28 AM
lolz, well we dont know how old this kid is http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

hicks1586
11-28-2009, 12:42 PM
There is also plenty of swearing in the game, think about that aswell before you buy it..

I'm not sure what country you're from but it's rated 15 here. So if you're kid is around that then it should be alright.

I just have a thing about parents buying their children games thinking the rating doesn't mean anything, like going into a game shop and seeing someone buying their 10 year Grand Theft Auto 4...there is something really messed up about that.

An_Idea
11-28-2009, 12:46 PM
oh yup i saw an 8 year old getting his mom to buy him gta4 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Kaxen6
11-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by hicks1586:
There is also plenty of swearing in the game, think about that aswell before you buy it...

>_> You'll probably learn how to swear in Italian by the end...

Originally posted by An_Idea:
oh yup i saw an 8 year old getting his mom to buy him gta4 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

An acquaintance of mine ended up informing a grandma not to get GTA4 for her grandson (grandma in question was very ****ed that her grandson tried to pull the wool over her) and suggested buying a Winnie the Pooh game in revenge. xD

An_Idea
11-28-2009, 01:42 PM
hahaha poor kid, but he shouldnt have tried to trick his grandmom like that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Shaye1980
11-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies...

The boy is 9, he's my step-son. He is a wizz at most PS3 games - clocked AC (first one) pretty quickly!

I also agree with some of the comments about why turn the gore off if a 9 year old is exposed to SOME violence in games like this. There is no way that he'd be allowed to play GTA, his games are moderated by his dad and me (his step mom). We also know he def won't turn out to be a psycho!
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

So to answer the first question - there definitely IS an option to turn it off then? I'll see what the swearing is like also, have read another forum where there was apparently LOTS of sexual references including indications of rape etc.... (But sometimes there are reviews written that aren't indicative of the truth!)

Anyways, thanks for the replies

An_Idea
11-28-2009, 03:55 PM
there are quite a lot of sexual refrences, but most of them are funny, Ezios mother does say "******" once, and when ezio gets the hidden blade paola asks to see it, you hit a button and the long blade slides out and paola says "impressive", just to name a few, all are done in the name of comedy tho http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dragonuy
11-28-2009, 05:11 PM
True that MOST of the swearing is on Italian(all translated in English if he turns subtitles on)but there is a few occasions were the swearing is on English.
Besides the sexual references thru the game, and a few mentions of rape and prostitution specially on the characters profiles(look under database), there is a few scenes like the one when he completely undress a girl and then both get on bed, or the one were you win one of the races and the girl tells you she is going to give you a private ridding lesson, she throws you down on the floor and then she get on top of you.
And then there is the violence part, even without the blood and the gore, when you see a guard getting stabbed on the eye and the blade gets out form the back of his skull, is just fine for us and even entertaining but there is no way im going to let my 9 year old kid see all that.
But a hint should had been the Mature rating tag on the game box, right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

wieetsguy
11-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Very implicative references to rape in one glyph.
A video of an elephant being electrocuted.
In general, all the glyphs are just creepy.

dragonuy
11-28-2009, 05:28 PM
oh yeah i forgot the video of the elephant being electrocuted.
I didnt payed attention to that one but my wife toughed that the elephant video was a little to much.

Malocchio21
11-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by dragonuy:
oh yeah i forgot the video of the elephant being electrocuted.
I didnt payed attention to that one but my wife toughed that the elephant video was a little to much.

It was very interesting to see that bit about the elephant, I looked up the event after passing that glyph because I had never known about it. In short, they only showed part of the video, there is more to it where the elephant falls over etc...very disturbing, but strange how Edison would do that.

Malocchio21
11-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by dragonuy:
True that MOST of the swearing is on Italian(all translated in English if he turns subtitles on)but there is a few occasions were the swearing is on English.
Besides the sexual references thru the game, and a few mentions of rape and prostitution specially on the characters profiles(look under database), there is a few scenes like the one when he completely undress a girl and then both get on bed, or the one were you win one of the races and the girl tells you she is going to give you a private ridding lesson, she throws you down on the floor and then she get on top of you.
And then there is the violence part, even without the blood and the gore, when you see a guard getting stabbed on the eye and the blade gets out form the back of his skull, is just fine for us and even entertaining but there is no way im going to let my 9 year old kid see all that.
But a hint should had been the Mature rating tag on the game box, right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Where was the race with a girl jumping on you?? I missed that or haven't gotten to it yet I guess...

hicks1586
11-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Outside Forli, after you finish the mission that allows you to board the boat to Venice.

Kaxen6
11-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Malocchio21:
It was very interesting to see that bit about the elephant, I looked up the event after passing that glyph because I had never known about it. In short, they only showed part of the video, there is more to it where the elephant falls over etc...very disturbing, but strange how Edison would do that.

Edison killed things with alternating current to prove it was dangerous and evil (Edison made direct current while Tesla made alternating current). He also did this with the electric chair.

Dudebag
11-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by No1_Assassin:
I hate parents like this. Why buy the game in the first place?

What's the difference between stabbing someone with blood and just stabbing someone without it? It's still violence.

And then the parents have the nerve to blame video games when their children turn out to be psychos.

I have to agree with this guy, seriously you shouldnt buy your 9 year old step son this game it has an MA rating for a reason.

I really hate it when lazy parents complain when their children are exposed to violent video games when the only way for the children to get the game was through the parents themselves.

I know you at least are doing some reseach on the game first at least, but the game is rated MA15 and that alone should clue you in that this game is not suitable for minors.

Originally posted by Shaye1980:
have read another forum where there was apparently LOTS of sexual references including indications of rape etc.... (But sometimes there are reviews written that aren't indicative of the truth!)

Really? Some reviews arent indicative of the truth? This is why the rating systems fail, even when you are told to expect violence and sexual references you dismiss them because you feel we could be lying to you and giving you a bum steer.

We are trying to help you lady but if you dont listen to our warnings its your own damn fault when your kid is exposed to somthing you dont want him to see yet.

Shaye1980
11-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks for that, the whole reason I have been doing the research on it is because regardless of the rating, they vary a lot just like movies as to their content. Here in New Zealand movies have different ratings to in USA, including with games. Some PG13's (parental guidance for under 13s) have had content in it I didn't expect, and not suitable for my son, however MA16 (mature audiences 16 and over) like the Hulk and Spiderman have had no such similar content in it even though it says suitable for 16 years and over. So while I understand why ratings are there, given the above info I just gave, I find it a little condescending for people to say 'the rating should give you some clue'. I have no problems checking games out first and I have tried some (even R16s here) that have both violence and profanity as an option to turn off. Spiderman movies etc show people die all the time in non graphic violent ways, and by today's standards I don't know a child my son's age who hasn't seen Spiderman etc.
Anyways for those who went into detail about the content of this game, cheers for that, have decided to give it a miss for my son. Thanks again for the helpful comments http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dudebag
11-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Here in Australia we dont have an R rating thus a lot of games get banned here because the argument is "That we dont want our kids to get a hold of R rated games" when that is the whole bloody point of an R rating.

Sorry if im a little condescending but there are so many parents that dont give a hoot about the rating yet complain that their kids are being exposed to violence sex and vulgarity.

The rating system is supposed to warn people that the game is unsuitable for children but so many parents buy their children a game like Dead Space or somthing then complain when it gives their kids nightmares.

An_Idea
11-29-2009, 09:33 PM
wait wait wait, in new zealand spiderman is ma16? in USA its pg13, weird

hissyfit2010
01-11-2010, 05:20 PM
wow I am astounded that you would even consider letting a 9 year old play a R16 game based on someone who kills others ... you say he finished the first AC pretty quick...that came out about 2 years ago with a R13 rating so your son was 7 !! Kids under 10 should be playing outside no taking on the persona of a Assasin whos main method of killing is stabbing people with hidden blades...
What are you thinking...?? God only knows what other titles this poor child has been exposed too...