PDA

View Full Version : Can't reach flag and treasure

Vey03
07-01-2011, 03:49 AM
Hoping someone can help me, as i am totally and utterly stuck!
I've included a screen print pic, and have totally no idea how to get to the flag and treasure chest circled.

I've no idea of what the place i'm at is called, but i've been running up everything, jumping on everything, and i simply cannot figure out how to do it.

I can't reach anywhere.

With the chest, I cannot climb to the top of wall that it's on. I cannot get to the top of the arch (to jump onto that wall). And i cannot climb to the top of the "wall" on the right of the arch (to jump onto the arch, then the wall the chest is on).
I cannot get to any of the taller pillars around the left hand "wall".
There are pillars behind the arch, but they are all too far, and i cannot get up them either.
Yes there are 2 barrels next to the wall where the chest is, but i cannot get up there. Ezio won't actually stand on top of the barrels to run up the wall again.

With the flag, the ledge with 3 pillars it's on, I cannot get to the 2 slightly shorter pillars to right.
I cannot jump from the short one to the 2 taller ones, as there are no handholds to grab onto.

There's just nothing!

What is really wierd is that this is the 2nd time i'm playing through the SP, and i know i got both in my first playthrough. Which makes me think maybe there's missing? All i do know is that it's driving me nuts!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y246/Kasia03/ACflagchest.jpg

Black_Widow9
07-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Have you tried using a Parachute?

Vey03
07-02-2011, 04:32 AM
1) i don't have it
2) it's not going to help. There's nowhere to glide from.

Anyone? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

cptn_k
07-02-2011, 07:24 AM
I kinda remember having the same head scratch wtf moment with something like this.

Although I can't remember exactly how I got them, I do know it involved going 'the long way round' to get them.
By that I mean starting well far away from the treasure/flag and slowly working back to them.

From the screen dump (and without knowing the exact location on the map), I think you need to start with the treasure, finding a way up somewhere in the distance.
Then after getting the treasure you should also be able to glide via parachute from the high column to the right of the tall tree back to one of the 2 same height columns in front of Ezio, then jump over to the flag.

Is there no other tall structures/cliff edges out of view behind the camera?
I also remember there's one place you have to jump/glide from a cliff or similar to get across to the columns/pillars.

Sorry couldn't be more help.
Good luck.

Vey03
07-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I don't have the parachute, and i didn't have one the first time i did this.

The route i would take is get up to the treasure first, then come back onto those high pillars directly to the left of the arch, then jump from them, down to the lower ones, then from them, left to the flag.

But i cannot get to the treasure. I can't get up there. I can't climb anything.

There is a wall to the right of the arch, which i can't climb. Pillars behind the arch are too small, and i can't jump from them to the arch.

emilydev
07-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I am having the same trouble and its really frustrating and i really want to get this damn flag/ treasure / moreso the flag!!!
In everything I've read / watched you have to climb up the pillars to the south of the flag where you grab on the window looking ledge and double jump to the top of it but when i double jump Ezio refuses to grab onto the damn top of the ledge. Are our games just wigging out or is there something I'm not doing right??

emilydev
07-03-2011, 05:39 PM
and when i say pillars i mean the archway to the south.

emilydev
07-03-2011, 05:41 PM
GOT IT yew. helps if you press grasp when doing the double jump!!

Vey03
07-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Emily, yes i'm sure doing the double jump thing up the wall is how i got it the first time.
Only i can't do the double jump anymore!

By the way, those asking where this is... it's where you fight the Followers of Romulus the first time. Where your 100% sync is not to lose any health. This is kinda at the other end, but still the same ruins.

Kytr
07-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I don't remember the details for getting to those flags. I seem to remember that you seem to need to get the climbing glove from Leonardo before you can make of the climbs. For the rest, you do the climb one pillar to jump to the next higher one trick for the most part and need to do a ledge grab in a couple of places.

Vey03
07-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Kytr, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Yes it worked! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kytr
07-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Of course why you need a climbing glove in this game to do the wall jump when you didn't in the last...